Flushing In Hydro

Owderb

What ive found with me not feeding excessively is that if i feed just water i get yellow leaves after just two days,and if this is a fortnight from the end your plant is stressing for 2 weeks and not reaching its potential.The early yellowing leaves also tells me that if my plants are yellowing after just 2 days they have no excess of nutrient in them and my feeding throughout has been pretty much ideal

It must be strain or nutrient related, i flush for 2 weeks (Plain tapwater) and hardly get any yellow leaves.

In fact i find it harder to under feed, than over feed at the end of 12/12

I'm growing Cheese in vita link and coco, with the EC from 0.8ec-2.8ec.

I really would like to know why this is happening to you and not me Owd ?

e2a: I only use the veg n bloom, no other nutrients from the range, so i dont use any boosters. Maybe this is the difference ?

Edited by Stealth67

Me too mate

I think it may be something to do with how much a young plant is given when its small,I feed very sparingly when they are young,I dunno tbh Stealth

I cant remember the last time i took my ec to 2.0 for any period of time and my plants never look hungry as youve seen in all my threads

My yield is fine too so i can only put it down to the young plant thing,like i said i dunno but i know you get to ec's up to 2.8.I dont think as i can remember ive ever been that high

Owd

• Like 1

Ive mentioned this before, but i believe the more medium you have to flush through (in my case 30-50 litres per plant depending on what pots i use) the more flushing it may require, my thinking is that a big plant in a big pot has a hell of a lot of nutrients to flush out, especially if they have been feeding at 2.8ec.

Or maybe it is just the nutrients were using ?

Ive mentioned this before, but i believe the more medium you have to flush through (in my case 30-50 litres per plant depending on what pots i use) the more flushing it may require, my thinking is that a big plant in a big pot has a hell of a lot of nutrients to flush out, especially if they have been feeding at 2.8ec.

Or maybe it is just the nutrients were using ?

if you like stealth i'll try owd's way at the end of my grow, then we can observe the difference.

the only trouble is i'm using different nutes to the pair of you lol

cheers owd cracking thread mate.

atb cropman

p.s. your messenger is off stealth

Edited by cropman
  • Like 1

Size of pot should be irrelevant mate,its all about ec strength.Like ive said before a bigger pot doesnt mean a higher ec,not in my experience anyway,just means more of the mix.

I used to grow in 25ltr pots on top of nft tables but drip fed and still we never got our ec's up to 2.0,with hydrotops nutrients aswell

Even then it was only the last 7 days flush with just water and our plants were always yellow come the end

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

ive found 7 days with plain water in a dwc work fine. mr cervantes recons if you flush with a 25% mix it will actually flush quicker.

prob like diets if your body realise your starving yourself it hoards the fat

• Like 3

Hello owderb.

Nice thread, I will probably bring down my ec gradually towards the end of my grow as well. You said that one can also add veg nuts, correct? I will be using pk13 as well. How long do you reckon i can use pk for. Just a single week or a couple? I have about a 10 week flower period but entering my 3rd.

thanks,

the austrian :unsure:

• Like 1

hi owderb,

very interesting thread, i notice that you say grow/bloom 50/50 does this mean that you are using grow all the way through flowering? i've never done this, does this explain why i get yellow leaves about a month into flowering? does this affect yields? cheers

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Size of pot should be irrelevant mate,its all about ec strength.Like ive said before a bigger pot doesnt mean a higher ec,not in my experience anyway,just means more of the mix.

I used to grow in 25ltr pots on top of nft tables but drip fed and still we never got our ec's up to 2.0,with hydrotops nutrients aswell

Even then it was only the last 7 days flush with just water and our plants were always yellow come the end

Owd

I hear ya But I have to dissagree, Your system sounds impressive, but in a big bucket of clay pebbles lots and lots of salts are stored...

I can prove this... If you soak them for two weeks after use, or stash them and be a lazy stoner, then you will see white salt has risen and now sits on the surface of the water and has collected all over the top of the pebbles. And thats leaving them to soak after washing them.

When I flush I have to really rinse my pebbles through, and my plants don't yellow either... I guess there is no answer only experience here... :guitar:

My EC is 1.6 throughout, rizzatonic to get the clones going ??????

definetly got to flush for two weeks here though,... I gotta stand by that

• Like 1