Flushing In Hydro

Owderb

Well i've now tried Owds method and i'm very pleased

i cut the PK out after a week and continued with bloom for a week and then just went onto grow for the last week and flushed for about 3 days

it is a much smoother smoke and tastes that much better

i've just done NYCD in coco/clay balls and it burns better and tastes better and its only been drying 10 days

i did have a few problems as i changed nutes this grow and underfed them for a couple of weeks due to my misreading

but other than that its all turned out good

and cheers for the help Owd lol

• Like 1

Nice post Owd :bangin:

Always good to hear the different method's used.

I'm about 3 weeks 12/12 on my first NFT grow so all this info is very useful.

Time to make a plan for the next 3/4 week's.

Dawkins,leave your roots dangling mate,Chuck a couple of airstones in your res as well if you can lol

Gati B)

Edited by GETAROUNDTOIT
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

B)

interesting read!

was just about to do the just water flush next week!!!

will try cutting it down to minimal instead of that!

cheers...[1st thread i look at is well useful... this could be a great site :yep: ]

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

ahh interesting read as i am handwatering in Coco atm and was wondering what to do about flushing as i had heard many conflicting storeys as to when to flush and if to leave nutes in thanks for the tip :stoned:

• Like 1

Hi OWD,

Have you never considered using a clearing solution or flushing agent instead? An what are your thoughts on these products?

Or what about using a micro nute with no N P K like plant start or GH micro?

Just a thought,

I had the same problem with mine last time (all leaves went yellow to soon). I think it depends on a lot of things personally and I don't think there is an answer that will suit all. IE plants of different strains and in different setups will use the nute stored within at different rates etc. So for some, two weeks is OK but for others, their plants will have used them all up within a couple of days. ;-)

Maxi

I'll try your way this time as I think it will work for my situation just fine :-) thanks mate.

• Like 1

Have you never considered using a clearing solution or flushing agent instead? An what are your thoughts on these products?

Yes ive used flushing agents but why use them if they are not needed, just a waste of money

All they are in essence is a weak food

Owd

I know what you mean,

So do you reckon that all the stuff they say about:

"If left behind, old nutrients, such as Nitrogen can be detrimental to plant quality and yield. However, flushing this nutrient substantially increases yields and quality by creating a root stress that drives energy stored in the plant upwards to the reproductive organs."

Happens anyway just by depriving the plant of food and that there's nothing in these products that cause this reaction?

Maxi

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

if you really must ph your water (like me and your really anal about the little things like this) and still want to eliminate the phosphurus from your water in the last days of flushing canna do a nitric acid ph down!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Guest Robert Plant

hi there Owd, just a quick one mate :wink:

since im stopping ph'ing my feed in the last two weeks, can i just use water straight out the tap to mix my feed or would you still recomend letting it stand for 24 hours?

im growing in coco

:yinyang:

Edited by Robert Plant

wow... big topic.. ive read all the posts boys.. cant believe none of you mentioned flushing throughout the grow!!

every 2 weeks or so when the tanks real low.. throw the fuckin lot out.. ph some water and let em run 4 a day or 2 on

the water.. then tip that out n start again with fresh everything preset in the bucket..

these plants get a build up of salts and it locks out the nutes.. watch em go again when the feed is back.. whoosh!

and lets say your plant has been needin more micro elements outa the feed.. yer wand doesnt give u a breakdown of

whats left in the food, it just gives u a strength, that could be anything or anything missin if you gets me!..

and.. if you keep the same solution throughout and only flush at the end, it tastes rank man!

the only reason we ph the solution it 4 nutriant uptake.. certain chemicals are available at ph 5.5 that are not at 6.5 etc.

so why ph the last flush, thats just more chemicals to me..if your ec goes flying back up on yer last flush, its only whats

been trapped in the roots and the spreader mat n the bottom of your tank.. tip it out again.. put fresh water in again.

it`ll soon drop then..

i also cant believe that theres 2 week last flushes goin on!.. thats 4 soil growers!.. 4 or 5 day flush 4 me!!

here`s a good one 4 ya`s.. harvest all but one branch, not your best one either.... add some stawberry or vanilla

essence or even vimto cordial ive tried, to the tank.. only leave it in for half a day tho.. turn your pump up to full

power.. mature this seperatly. and youve got another flavoured weed of your choice..

ive got some proper flush to make it taste awsome this time.. hope it does!!

• Like 3

wow... big topic.. ive read all the posts boys.. cant believe none of you mentioned flushing throughout the grow!!

every 2 weeks or so when the tanks real low.. throw the fuckin lot out.. ph some water and let em run 4 a day or 2 on

the water.. then tip that out n start again with fresh everything preset in the bucket..

these plants get a build up of salts and it locks out the nutes.. watch em go again when the feed is back.. whoosh!

and lets say your plant has been needin more micro elements outa the feed.. yer wand doesnt give u a breakdown of

whats left in the food, it just gives u a strength, that could be anything or anything missin if you gets me!..

and.. if you keep the same solution throughout and only flush at the end, it tastes rank man!

the only reason we ph the solution it 4 nutriant uptake.. certain chemicals are available at ph 5.5 that are not at 6.5 etc.

so why ph the last flush, thats just more chemicals to me..if your ec goes flying back up on yer last flush, its only whats

been trapped in the roots and the spreader mat n the bottom of your tank.. tip it out again.. put fresh water in again.

it`ll soon drop then..

i also cant believe that theres 2 week last flushes goin on!.. thats 4 soil growers!.. 4 or 5 day flush 4 me!!

here`s a good one 4 ya`s.. harvest all but one branch, not your best one either.... add some stawberry or vanilla

essence or even vimto cordial ive tried, to the tank.. only leave it in for half a day tho.. turn your pump up to full

power.. mature this seperatly. and youve got another flavoured weed of your choice..

ive got some proper flush to make it taste awsome this time.. hope it does!!

feeding water when we do a res change aint needed its just starving them :) if you dont overfeed there shouldnt be any build up , they hit the nutes hard again cos they are hungry . as you would be if you hadnt eaten for 2days :yep:

i dont see it as starvin them.. the nutes get locked out and they cant feed.. ive had this problem myself..

but your proberly right about overfeedin em.. but i dont care coz i`l just flush em 4 a day!

what do you take your ec up to jiff?

do you use a booster? and if so when? and 4 how long?

also.. what ph do u run at bro?

im bein nosey here, i want your statistics dude.. haha :)

• Like 1