Flushing In Hydro

Owderb

On 29/01/2010 at 6:45 PM, Guest Poacher said:

alright mate, no adjustment of ph for the last 2 weeks :badass: if you read the thread from the start youl find the answer there

excellent thread and i read above part too m8 but just to put my mind at ease, im about the same hard water of 7.5 and normally ph down the water at end, i was alwasy under the impression the plants wouldnt take in out of the range of 5.2-6.2 or there abouts or is this just the case for nutes thx bud, i didnt actually think about the ph down having phospherous chems in it, cheers ??

Edited by Stevieboy1

12 hours ago, Stevieboy1 said:

excellent thread and i read above part too m8 but just to put my mind at ease, im about the same hard water of 7.5 and normally ph down the water at end, i was alwasy under the impression the plants wouldnt take in out of the range of 5.2-6.2 or there abouts or is this just the case for nutes thx bud, i didnt actually think about the ph down having phospherous chems in it, cheers ??

that's right Stevieboy1,phosphoric acid Ph down and if you take messure EC it would go up

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 11:08 PM, It's 420 somewhere said:

I am growing 4 plants in a Wilma using hydroton.. I had some issues at the start but seem to have got through it.. 

The problem I have is one plant is looking ready to start flushing (70% of the pistils are red) but the other 3 plants are still all white and look 2/3 wks behind. 

Do I take that 1 plant off of the Wilma to flush manually or leave it while the others catch up? What's best for the crop, I don't want to ruin it. 

Any advice would be a great help. Thanks 

for wilma systems its best to use clones-so all the plants feed the same

you will see chances at week 5-6 as your EC will go up and you need to use half the strengh pretty much

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 11:08 PM, It's 420 somewhere said:

I am growing 4 plants in a Wilma using hydroton.. I had some issues at the start but seem to have got through it.. 

The problem I have is one plant is looking ready to start flushing (70% of the pistils are red) but the other 3 plants are still all white and look 2/3 wks behind. 

Do I take that 1 plant off of the Wilma to flush manually or leave it while the others catch up? What's best for the crop, I don't want to ruin it. 

Any advice would be a great help. Thanks 

i have the same prob, what did you eventually do with yours m8, i have 3 wilmas and variety of different flavours and for any that are due finished sooner i was just thinking of adding that 1 or 2 wotever into a bucket and manually flushing them so as to avoid changing the nutes etc i want in the wilmas, thats about the best way i can think of to do it myself but curious if you held yours back or wot and results cheers m8 :wacko:

• 2 years later...

i've made the switch to chem nutes because my water is shit, and reading the first post has helped me relax about flushing, then reading later posts i see the drop to 1ml grow at two weeks before, then water after 7 days

so is it still the preferred method with growers ark nutes?

also, i used chem nutes the last two feeds in flower of my current crop (idiot, i should have stuck to my usual) , 3ml bloom then 1ml two days later, since they have been on plain water, 3 days now, can i harvest before the seven days this time? of is there likely too much phosphorus still in there and not worth the risk?

• 1 year later...

I realise this is an old thread but thought I'd jump on, since this is my first hydro and I've already been growing using OT's method with biobizz, so when I made up my feed schedule I thought I'd do the same and switch grow and bloom in last week, giving more grow than bloom is what I'd usually do if growing in soil at start of week 7, then flush for 2 weeks ....

Seeing as we're in hydro (using GHE tri flora) I already knew I could go up until Week 8 and only flush for a week, but reducing the ec down up until that time,

(I'm currently in Week 5)

And last week of an ec of 1.6

Week 6 I'm reducing down to more balanced mix 1ml bloom and slightly less grow

After reading OWD's method I knew I was on target but maybe needed tweaking so I'm still going to do as I intended and flip the grow and bloom in Week 7 although my feed schedule is certainly not high I expect it to be around 0.8 - 1 ec maybe, giving 1ml grow and slightly less bloom in that week.

I'd planned on Week 8 doing the same grow but half the micro and bloom, after reading here I'll drop the micro and bloom and only use 1ml grow, my ec throughout grow has only been max 1.6 ec although I did need to top up twice last week and it crept up to 2

So I'll expect an ec of 0.6 or less for Week 8

My tap water is practically ro water it's filtered and has no ec reading so I'll see if this is lower, it could possibly be.

I'm on a 9 week schedule so I'll be flushing for week 9 entirely I reckon, I do have some flush agent from ghe that I've had for ages I may use it, I see no reason why not seeing as I have it, but I don't expect to buy this in future., I'll probably do a 24 hour flush then change the water again, in this week, all depends on the ec readings I guess

I know it's been touched on by a few in this thread regarding flushing at different intervals,  and I have been although only doing a 24 hour flush at certain points, for example when changing from grow to bloom nutes,  I also do 2 during veg phase, I expect I'll do one at end of week 5 as this is when I slowly start reducing.

Just on the off chance I have salt build up, I see no harm in doing a 24 hour flush before doing a nute change.

I've always known that pushing them is not needed I've seen crazy growth with the less is more method in organic and I've seen the same with hydro, it's always about seeing how the plants are doing and act accordingly,  if my leaves weren't so green I'd possibly keep on until Week 6 with a higher ec but I feel it needs to drop next week to help use up some of those stored notes.

Thanks for the info owd and others, read through and feel satisfied I'm on target

Edited by Treb
Ejit

• 3 weeks later...

Flushing is for noobs in hydro....the thought you can remove fixed nutrients from a plant with plain water is laughable tbh.

I flush once....at the end for 24hrs....and this is only to try to start the 'cure' a day early.

I have flushed for two weeks with 0EC water and I haven't bothered at all and fed right to the end.....no one could tell the difference. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2023 at 10:02 AM, zen-ken said:

Flushing is for noobs in hydro....the thought you can remove fixed nutrients from a plant with plain water is laughable tbh.

I flush once....at the end for 24hrs

Thats it, just water the last day before the morning of the chop :D

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 3:28 PM, PhytoChemSage said:

Thats it, just water the last day before the morning of the chop :D

Yep....Using the fade means the nitrogen is gone by the end and the plants eating the leafs......I feed those bitches right till the end.

When you chop....they don't die straight away.........

On 20/09/2023 at 3:34 PM, Saddam said:

Read the first post of this thread. 

I read it.....kinda agrees with me....Correct feeding means 'flushing' is counter productive and unnecessary.

The only reason I will accept for it is saving on nutes......I stand by my statement....No one can tell me the difference between a day and two weeks.

I see the difference in buds that swell with water at the end just to lose it all.....Hence why I stopped doing it.

(im tired from a fishing session so forgive me if this comes across wrong) 

• Like 1