Trichoderma Harzianum & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas

Felix Dzerzhinsky

satanicbluepixe 20kg seer rock dust delivered £15.50 or collect in person £10 , not sure if I am allowed to post the web site address ?

Cheers, I went for the littlest packet I could find on the grounds that I'd probably never get through 20kg in my lifetime! Ordered now anyhow...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Either.

It can be applied as a foliar spray to innoculate the ariel parts of the plant from fungus etc.

I find it most useful to use directly on the roots though. When repotting, I usually add to the mix. White roots and better growth.

:unsure:

• Like 2

is it possible to OD on trichoederma?

just got some in the post today and it says that 1g in 1L of water is enough for 30 plants. i only have 1 plant. do i need to worry about dosage?

For 1 litre of water I'd use the handle end of a teaspoon and have a small pile maybe 3mm long. Use oxygenated water if you can and read OT application guidelines.

These Trichoderma threads are taking off, the idea's spreading like well, like a fungus :spliff:

Glad it's spreading, may the mycorrhizals flourish

First 420, then the world

e2a for typos, to make at least a bit of sense

Edited by Catfish Bob Cymru
  • Like 1

Guest Tommy Ketchup

Evening all,

After having my last two grows raped by Leaf spot fungus, I'm now looking at getting some Trichoderma. Thing is im not sure which is best. After a bit of research on t'interweb i think I've narrowed it down to three.

Canna AkTRIvator

B.A.C. Funky Fungi

Advanced Nutrients Piranha

Just really wondering if any one has any experience with any of the above and which is the best method of administration.

I'm just getting a bit narked of my grow being spoiled every time. At first i thought it was just down to enviroment but i now have that sorted with a 125 intake and a 250 rvk on the exit. I really wanna make sure the next grow is a "proper" grow. Even dragged the misses down to Pinetum products today to stock up on rock dust.(20kg for a tenner- Bargin :) )

Anyway I'm rambering now so i'll shut up.

Any advice/experience would be more than welcome

Cheers gents/ladies

Tommy

Edited by Tommy Ketchup

Hi,

I think AN's Pirhanna are mycorrhizal fungi and not trichoderma

AFAIK, mycorrhizal help the uptake of water and nutrients in exchange for carbohydrates and grow well with the plant (ie 1 application required). I have used this and found it to contain quite a bit on N, that managed to burn my seedlings in soil.

I dont think Pirhanna will help with your fight against LSF? maybe make it a stronger plant?

bAb

Edited by buildAbong
  • Like 1

Hi Tommy,

I've used the Canna AKTrivator, that contains the spores of Trichoderma Harzianum, a fungus that colonises the rootzone (rhizosphere) and predates on other fungi that may seek to attack the roots. OT suggests this doesn't thrive very well in peat based composts but prefers loam based compost and will need to be re-applied several times. It can also colonise the stems and leaves but again will need to be re-applied to cover new growth.

The B.A.C. Funky Fungi is similar to another product that is cheaper called RootGrow, a quick search on google will give you their website. I'm not sure exactly which species Funky Fungi contains but RootGrow contains a mix of endo & ecto mycorrhizal fungi. Have a read of this for further info.

Advanced Nutrients Piranha - claims to contain 8 species of Trichoderma and 16 VAM's. 500g costs roughly £65, RootGrow cost £5 for 360g from my local garden centre. IMHO the RootGrow offers better value for money, couple it with AKTrivator and you'd have nearly the same product.

There are several studies that suggest trichoderma work synergistically with VAM fungi and I've certainly seen fantastic root growth since adding trichoderma & Rockdust to the RootGrow mix at potting up.

Felix.

• Like 1

Also piranha is supposed to be used in conjunction with voodoo juice ( the bacterial and microbial mix)

There is a budget option, Rootgrow for trees and shrubs. Its available from garden centres.

what if one were to use the piranah without the voodoo juice? is the rootgrow a voodoo juice substitute? if not, any idea what would be?

yours

suddenly concerned user of piranah

Edited by tsk
  • Like 1

what if one were to use the piranah without the voodoo juice? is the rootgrow a voodoo juice substitute? if not, any idea what would be?

yours

suddenly concerned user of piranah

Apparently the two absolutely must best used in conjunction as there is an agent in the voodoo juice that stops several of the bacteria in the Piranah actually turning on the roots and gradually consuming them. You won't notice anything at first but the roots will be totally consumed.

:wink:

You'll be fine.

Guest Tommy Ketchup
Hi Tommy,

I've used the Canna AKTrivator, that contains the spores of Trichoderma Harzianum, a fungus that colonises the rootzone (rhizosphere) and predates on other fungi that may seek to attack the roots. OT suggests this doesn't thrive very well in peat based composts but prefers loam based compost and will need to be re-applied several times. It can also colonise the stems and leaves but again will need to be re-applied to cover new growth.

The B.A.C. Funky Fungi is similar to another product that is cheaper called RootGrow, a quick search on google will give you their website. I'm not sure exactly which species Funky Fungi contains but RootGrow contains a mix of endo & ecto mycorrhizal fungi. Have a read of this for further info.

Advanced Nutrients Piranha - claims to contain 8 species of Trichoderma and 16 VAM's. 500g costs roughly £65, RootGrow cost £5 for 360g from my local garden centre. IMHO the RootGrow offers better value for money, couple it with AKTrivator and you'd have nearly the same product.

There are several studies that suggest trichoderma work synergistically with VAM fungi and I've certainly seen fantastic root growth since adding trichoderma & Rockdust to the RootGrow mix at potting up.

Felix.

Excellent, thanks for your reply Felix & buildAbong.

Felix, Just read through the link you posted plus your "Fun with Fungi" topic, great reading.

After looking on the Rootgrow website it would appear there as place a stones throw away that stock's it, although prices are far from £5 for 360g tho, over double infact. But for just over twenty notes i'll be able to get the Rootgrow & Canna AkTRIvator so speculate to accumulate and all that.

May sound strange but im actually feeling really positive about my next grow. Get things right from the start this time will hopefully help to produce the grow i dreamed of way back when, or at least help prevent the dreaded LSF.

To you Felix, I tip my hat.

Cheers

Tommy