Tight Lines

Probably the most laid back, chilled out fishing club on the net

503 topics in this forum

1. Have i caught the same fish but bigger? 1 2 3 4

• 47 replies
    • 4.6k views
  2. Need help with reel size and gear ratio.

• 11 replies
    • 4.3k views
  3. The Parrot

• 2 replies
  4. nellys keep net 1 2

• 15 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. Fishing this river

• 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. new bed chair

• 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. getting back into my carping

• 4 replies
  8. Anybody fly fish or fly tye here? 1 2

• 16 replies
    • 2.5k views
  9. Extreme Carp Fishing

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. First barbel of the season!

• 4 replies
  11. lakes in the southeast

• 1 reply
  12. Carp fishing 1 2

• 18 replies
    • 3.4k views
  13. Lake Nasser

• 0 replies
  14. Rolling your own boilies 1 2

• 20 replies
    • 7.7k views
  15. world carp record

• 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  16. Quivertip/method feeder

• 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  17. autumn baiting campaign so far

• 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  18. oxford, Linear,brassnose 2

• 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
  19. need some help on learning to fish

• 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  20. jammy basxxxxd

• 10 replies
  21. Bream Record Goes Again

• 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  22. carp photos

• 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  23. heads up.

• 0 replies

• Military Grade
      Dam if the DRS were placed in better locations, or a few more laps Lando would've won that.   Another podium
    • green_machine
      Hey folks,   I got a new 2'x4' grow space and want to set up a living bed in this.   I have wanted to grow this way for a very long time but space restrictions have always stopped me, with my new larger space I am finally going to take the plunge and try it.   I want to build a SIP to manage the water within the system and have been doing a lot of research on the best way to achieve this and this is the current plan.     I have found a 200-litre half-pallet plastic tote (200l hogbox) which will fit in my tent, it is waterproof and is raised on legs. the bottom layer would be the reservoir, which I would fill with lava rock. I prefer the idea of lava rock over using the 4" waste pipes used by a lot of sips as I think the lava rock would be more beneficial for bacteria (I am thinking of a fishtank bio-filter here). The aim would be to have around 4" of rock at the bottom and to drill the overflow at around 3" to give me separation between the water and the sand filter while also adding air into the bed. I am also considering drilling a separate drain and tap into the bottom of the bed to help flush the reservoir out as needed.   Above the lava rock, I would do a layer of fine gravel, I was thinking about using lechuza pon (although this would be expensive) or maybe horticultural grit, or maybe sourcing some smaller pumice and zeolite. The main purpose of this layer would be to support the sand filter above it and to stop it from entering the reservoir.   The sand filter would be there to stop the organics from getting into the water table below. this would be a thin layer at only 2" in-depth   The clay layer and the wood chips were idea's taken from hugel culture beds, from my research any long-term organic bed would require a carbon source in addition to the organic being top dressed and the green manure. The clay layer would be the smallest layer at only roughly 1" in depth, I would mound the wood chips directly on this in the middle and then fill the rest of the tote up with my living soil.   I am generally following the work of Leighton Morrison with this build but I have adapted it and used some of my own ideas as well. While I am excited to try this I would sincerely appreciate it if some of the more experienced growers could take a look at this set-up and give me their thoughts.   I don't want to invest a lot of money and time into something and find I have made basic mistakes so in that vein of thought @MindSoup @lildaveham @FarmerPalmersNT @BilgePump What are your thoughts on this does this seem viable are there any improvements I could make on this?      
    • Military Grade
      Lando closing in on Max, is there enough laps left
    • mikeydoughnut
      Always a chance @Military Grade 🤷🏻‍♂️I just want some good old fashioned excitement nowt worse than going through the motions. Let’s have a few twists eh 👍
  • 159 Cream of the Crop - March 2024

1. 1. Please vote for your favourite photo

• CuriousOrange
      • iShouldCoCo
      • NezA
      • Văru'
      • KC
      • Green Dogg
      • Punta Roja
      • Killuminati

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use