Have i caught the same fish but bigger?

DaChunky1

Same fish?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great work. I suppose if you fish still waters for long enough your gonna double up on catches at some point but it's good to see how much weight they've put on.

Lets hope the big weight gain isn't in preparation for a harsh winter.

• Like 1

if you can keep a good bait going in over the winter and keep them looking for it

i predict next season will be your best yet on the lake

i was gunna join a different lake in the quest for my first 30lb fish.

Might be worth keeping my ticket on this you reckon then

good point mate. If a few do reach 30lb it would only be 3-4 i reckon from what ive seen. Be a better plan to join new place with alot more 30s in :smokin:

hi folks ...

iam going with the same fish check out the scale patterns near its tail ..... theres a big scaleless patch above your hands

not uncommon type of thing to happening ..last year i had this 19 ish mirror ..week later mate had it ,then two week after that my other mate had it

all using the same bait to ............kinda makes a mockery of em avoiding bait they been done on before

peppi

Edited by Peppi
  • Like 2

Nice one, deffo the same fish! no doubt about it.

Theres a huge lake i fish for pike, massive, lots of pike. Ive had the same fish 3 times on different occasions, different swims and weights, each time a bit bigger, and 3 of my pals have landed her as well. One of the best fighting pike ive ever caught. Nicknamed it Scrapper, very recognisable fish, hope to see her again this year :)

Well, i have to say, i was pretty sure it was the same fish. I needed you lot to confirm because i have never seen a weight increase like that in such a short period of time. I just couldnt get my head around the increase :headpain:

Ive had all the thoughts of scales being wrong and stuff like that, but with more than 2 people helping and viewing the weighing of her, im possative i weighed her correctly.

I sapose there are always freeks of nature, and she looks like shes set to become one :thisbig:

Davey Jones,

i see you think that this is not possible, and not the same fish. I understand mate cuz it is bloody weird.

Whats your theory behind this?

DC1