oxford, Linear,brassnose 2

uk420hobbygrower

Hi there, fellow carp anglers, Im off to fish at linear complex this week on brasenose 1 or 2, and was hoping if any of u have fished it in the last 2 weeks and have any bait tactics or any basic tactics. Only do 24 hours and want to pull something nice out. So any help would b grate.

No advice but good luck and have a good day mate I'm planning a wee fishing trip next weekend fingers crossed lol cheezehead :bong:

Ello bud, I went probably 5 yrs ago and done the wk on st johns.

It was the yr rihannas umbrella song was no1

The fishing was extremely hard as you have to remember it gets hammered 365 so there will be loads of grub on the bottom.

I found we couldn't buy a bite till I went out and got a couple of kilos of sweetcorn and worm hunting at night.

The secret tactic was, cast over to the far bank - 60 odd yards.

Then with a 2ltr bottle cut down the side and screwed onto my spare landing net handle, my rig and freebies where lowered onto the marginal shelf.

Let's just say our swim drew the attention of others as the days went by and some we were surrounded by peg pirates.

Only real advise I can offer is stay Mobil for along as possible and a good selection of bait.

I would take a couple of pints of maggots hemp and sweetcorn fired out with a spomb.

Ello bud, I went probably 5 yrs ago and done the wk on st johns.

It was the yr rihannas umbrella song was no1

The fishing was extremely hard as you have to remember it gets hammered 365 so there will be loads of grub on the bottom.

I found we couldn't buy a bite till I went out and got a couple of kilos of sweetcorn and worm hunting at night.

The secret tactic was, cast over to the far bank - 60 odd yards.

Then with a 2ltr bottle cut down the side and screwed onto my spare landing net handle, my rig and freebies where lowered onto the marginal shelf.

Let's just say our swim drew the attention of others as the days went by and some we were surrounded by peg pirates.

Only real advise I can offer is stay Mobil for along as possible and a good selection of bait.

I would take a couple of pints of maggots hemp and sweetcorn fired out with a spomb.

Cheers Cheezehead and good luck on ur session.

Thanks bushmaster was thinking about taking along the hemp and corn as will be using the imatation corn on new grange dumbbells, but will have to dig up a load of worms to try as doubt they will have been used on there much these days. Thanks for the tips and if I pull out a monster ill post some pics.

spent last night on brasenose 2, Gotta say fair play to linear, Its a stunning venue with only the fisherman in mind. Planning another trip in the next month but need to get a spod rod and marker float road 1st.

Had the only one mirrow carp out just over 15lb and my mate had a couple smaller 1s.

But must say if your into carp fishing you gotta go to linear and fish one of there lakes. (Plan a 48hr trip)

Good on ya mate, I should think that its now flooded again. All the fish end up on the road and mixed up.

I went Mon-wed on my lake and pulled out a 11lb mirror and a 21.1lb common. Just went to put in some bait and its well and truely flooded and could be months before its fishable.

gallery_47328_3868_129238.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good on ya mate, I should think that its now flooded again. All the fish end up on the road and mixed up.

I went Mon-wed on my lake and pulled out a 11lb mirror and a 21.1lb common. Just went to put in some bait and its well and truely flooded and could be months before its fishable.

lovly looking common there mate, I went to my local lake the other day and had a 10lb mirrow of the top, surprising really as the weather aint been to warm. Hopeing to get another day in some time this week as it seems to be warming up.

Good luck on ur next trip out mate.

lovly looking common there mate, I went to my local lake the other day and had a 10lb mirrow of the top, surprising really as the weather aint been to warm. Hopeing to get another day in some time this week as it seems to be warming up.

Good luck on ur next trip out mate.

Thats only a minow really. Bushmaster is only 3" tall in real life :rofl:

Seriously, thats a mad looking Common. The shape wouldnt look out of place on a Mirror. Top job bm82 :smug:

Oldsalty, i watchd a dvd with Chilly Chillcott on Brasenose 2 other day. He ripped it to bits on the method feeder with low oil trout pellet (its what the carp were feed on before stocking). He had to reel in second rod in got so frantic.

Keep us posted dude.

DC1

Cheers for that dc1 hoping to get get back over to linear next month so ill have to give that a bash, there was a block on the new linear dvd using pellets as well.

Going to give my local lake a go on tuesday / wednesday the weather is ment to b brighting up and its grate for surface fishing, but also may try zig rigs for a 1st time.