autumn baiting campaign so far

Peppi

morning folks ......

haven't posted in a while been pretty busy with one thing or another ... managed to get some fishing in though

myself and a few mates have been fishing a local canal for carp ...baiting regular but only twice a week with maybe a kg or two of boilies spread about over a few hundred yards of canal rather than in set places...

probably only threw in maybe 20 kg of bait.. sounds a lot i know but this canal is packed with boilie munching bream ...

best so far has been a 26-8 common to my mate ,my best just over 20lbs

a few shots !!! notice there all commons ? canal is full of them !!!! (apart from the one ghostie that is )

peppi

post-45069-0-19530700-1319370679_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-55999400-1319370684_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-44048200-1319370689_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-89964200-1319370692_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-74500400-1319370695_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-57260000-1319370698_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-05905700-1319370702_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-94209300-1319370704_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-38701100-1319370707_thumb.jpg

post-45069-0-02218000-1319370715_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peppi

Guest elstonite

nice one man , no canals here just the normal lakes , do the fish wander the whole canal system or take up residence in one area ?

Edited by elstonite

just been baiting a small section thats pretty snaggy mate

seems they just swim back and to along the canal so we "bait and wait" so to speak...have chased them before now but you just spook them off as there cagey fish

this is the canal i had my pb out at thirty something or other cant remember tbh, its in the tight lines section here but a few years back now !!!

peppi

Edited by Peppi

Nice work peppi, that ghostie looks lovely

It's good to see all the hard work of pre-baiting is paying off

All the best

Great stuff dude. You have done real well so far, but im exspecting bigger things to come out now they really wana feed before the temps plumet. I reckon you will av another 30lb out there this year mate.

Shame, there seems to be no mirrors? is there any in there?

That common with the lump in its side is a beauty. Looks like she loves the boilie.

Welldone again mate. Please keep us informed on future captures.

Tight lines

DC1

hi da chunky

that common with the lump ? think there was something wrong with that one myself mate ,not normal that lump ,but what can you do apart from put it back ?

i would say the majority of the fish in the canal are commons dude maybe 85% ,there are a few mirrors one of those been the big un ,it usually fluctuates round thirty to thirty three mark ....

if you have a look at my older posts in this section theres a pic of the thirty there ...had it a while back now ...lots of other decent fish to be catching though its not just about the biggy

tbh mate until we started tonking the bait in my two mates had caught nothing at all probably blanked 20 times maybe a bit more ....tough water this one mate where blanks are the normal !!!

peppi

Edited by Peppi

hi da chunky

that common with the lump ? think there was something wrong with that one myself mate ,not normal that lump ,but what can you do apart from put it back ?

i would say the majority of the fish in the canal are commons dude maybe 85% ,there are a few mirrors one of those been the big un ,it usually fluctuates round thirty to thirty three mark ....

if you have a look at my older posts in this section theres a pic of the thirty there ...had it a while back now ...lots of other decent fish to be catching though its not just about the biggy

tbh mate until we started tonking the bait in my two mates had caught nothing at all probably blanked 20 times maybe a bit more ....tough water this one mate where blanks are the normal !!!

peppi

Loads of commons eh? they aint so common where i am. And they are sum beauts. As you said size isnt everything. Or was it the misses that said that to me? :rofl:

Ive seen the clonker you caught dude. A fish of a lifetime for me. Its a right water pig.

Sounds like baiting up was the way forward. As you know, fish that dont see boilies very often wont pick them up very often. If theyve seen it n eaten it loads without problems then your fish on the bank :D

DC1

• 2 weeks later...

hi bud

gonna see it out now until it freezes i reckon there defo having the bait thats for sure, never caught with this consistency on here before now

we have been having them mainly on some pop ups ive knocked up.. same flavours as the bait but overloaded via glugging there bright red (the bait itself is dull red )fishing them on short blowback rigs with my shark fishing hooks (size fours with 14 mil popups mates all the same to pretty much identical) rigwise :wassnnme::rofl::doh:

funny i havent fished pop ups for a few years but now suddenly iam on em again ,but tbh i see no difference in catch rate or hooking for that matter ............

peppi

Edited by Peppi

• 3 months later...

If you use a chod rig mate then you will 100% see a difference in your catch rate and in your hook rate.

Give it a go and let me know how it goes.

SC

• 3 months later...