Rock Dust.

murran

27 minutes ago, Newfie_Grow_Dr said:

leave your ignorant comments to yourself!

You can't 'leave' your ignorant comments, only 'keep' them, pedantic I know but at least it makes sense...:rofl:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Newfie_Grow_Dr said:

As someone who works in the metals mining industry in a scientific role.....

Buddy13. you are nothing but an ignorant fucking pommie cunt. Now I'm coming down to your intellect level so you can fully understand and grasp what I'm saying. How about you take your toys and fuck off out of my sand box and leave your ignorant comments to yourself! ASSHOLE!

Rio Tinto perchance?

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, buddy13 said:

Is pommie a racist thing or?

Sounds pretty ignorant....

I would've thought 'Limey' to be the more accurate vernacular 

:wassnnme:

14 minutes ago, Breezus said:

I would've thought 'Limey'

Limey is the American insult, Pommie Australian...neither lot have any sort of handle on the Enlish language so it's of no consequence...:wassnnme::rofl:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Limey is the American insult, Pommie Australian...neither lot have any sort of handle on the Enlish language so it's of no consequence...:wassnnme::rofl:

Three nations divided by a common language. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cambium said:

@Newfie_Grow_Dr Nothing of worth to say on the last few posts? I thi k you have a responsibility to inform the "general mislead populace". Time to pony up.

Hey Cambium, sure there is lots that could be said, re: Oldtimer1's and FarmerPalmersNT post.

I think the post by FarmerPalmerNT speaks for itself for the most part, and as he states, 

6 hours ago, FarmerPalmersNT said:

The results are mixed, studies limited and many show a net zero impact. This could lead to the conclusion that rock dust is 'pointless'. However when applied to weathered, demineralised soils the impact changes and data is poor.

None of that is relevant however to this sub forum which caters for those using compost and/or living soils/'no till'. If you have a full single use compost mix rock dust is less likely to be of benefit. If you have a living soil/no till setup and structural longevity is important then plainly it will be beneficial. Heavy organic mixes wont last for our purposes without a mineral skeleton substitute.

with the very different types of rock dust available and as mentioned the differences by region, what are you actually putting into the soil to benefit plant life, and in what quantities? As previously stated, before you start adding amendments to your soils, you should know what your starting point is and where you are going, I have not seen this discussed in this post. 

Also the idea that microbial chelation or breakdown of rock dust into useful and available nutrients takes a long time is factually incorrect.

I think we need to understand the concept of time and relationship to our gardens. Agreed that through microbial action this does speed the process, and I had mentioned that, but we are still unsure of the extent of the availability of the nutrients and exactly what these are. Again the varying difference in rock types by region. Can we class all rock dust collectively in one group? Of course not, that's pointless and absurd. 

As for educating? Well is that not what we all do in out post? Are our opinions, regardless of validity, are educational? Believe me some need to be taken with a grain of salt, but we are all educators in one form or another from what we say. Education does not make one smarter, it makes one more knowledgeable on any given subject.

As for Mr Oldtimer1, I appreciate his knowledge and insight.  I was asked to comment, and I will

6 hours ago, oldtimer1 said:

I have used rockdust added to live active microbe rich compost ever since, the effect is stronger, healthier plants with really good root systems

Until we have a side by side comparison, under controlled conditions, we cannot say for sure that the above statement is direct attributed to rock dust, or is Oldtimer1 just a good grower, with real good soil? If I have a healthy soil, and I add marbles to it every so often, while maintaining my other regime of amendments, and I have super strong plants, can I attribute the plant health to marbles? No I can't, but if I believe this, what is the harm of adding marbles. I said this previously, adding rock dust is not going to hurt your plants, in an otherwise health soil.

6 hours ago, oldtimer1 said:

Good healthy organic compost inoculated with rockdust will give healthy plants, the reason is the rockdust promotes a healthy  bacterial/fungal micro heard, this in turn contributes to healthy roots and plants needing less inputs, if you are using larger containers so called notill the results are better and much more long term.

Oltimer1 as I said, I appreciate your knowledge, but what I said above can be related to this as well can it not?

I agree with the general guidance, but not when it comes to rock dust, and that's true for Oltimer1 and FarmerPalmerNT. There has never been, from what I can find, a scientific, or otherwise grow test of cannabis, that either proves, or disproves, the use of rock dust as an amendment to an organic soil grow. Sorry, but it's just not there. Knock me if you will for having an opinion, based on factual information and not conjecture, that's OK, its only an opinion, and it's my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine. I don't agree from some things I have read here, but I'm not about to bash an opinion, but rather give a viable alternative based on factual information. Make sense, is that good enough for you Cambium? Don;t look at me as the bad guy for giving "my" opinion.............Think about it.........

15 minutes ago, Newfie_Grow_Dr said:

Don;t look at me as the bad guy for giving "my" opinion.............Think about it.........

3 hours ago, Newfie_Grow_Dr said:

Buddy13. you are nothing but an ignorant fucking pommie cunt. Now I'm coming down to your intellect level so you can fully understand and grasp what I'm saying. How about you take your toys and fuck off out of my sand box and leave your ignorant comments to yourself! ASSHOLE!

Nah you are a nice guy aren't you mate 

• Like 3

Rock dust is the source of all life apparently.I reckon a fella called blue jay these days mountain organics I believe...check him out and his soil recipes.

Hes all the way back to just rock dust  I believe he was anyhow recently...grows pucker canna this fella.

3 hours ago, Newfie_Grow_Dr said:

Now I'm coming down to your intellect level so you can fully understand and grasp what I'm saying.

I'll raise ya,.

You are obviously letting your evident intelligence get in the way of wisdom 

I just pulled you up on some misinformation which many others way more qualified and experienced then I went to the trouble of trying to educate you a little,your response was to ignore all that and enter into some inaccurate racial slurs....and then when your pulled on it again you act like you agreed along.

Prick?

• Like 1

Right missed a fair few posts it would seem before mine....lol

Pommie cunt now this boils my piss.You fucking halfwit inbreed Australian im sure you're from NT with that rhetoric...... are the fucking POHMs you thick cunts.lollol

My days you lot are sore because of Ben Stokes.lollol