Rock Dust.

murran

Need to stock up. B&Q do a seers bag of rock dust which is pretty fine

I looked in B&Q (big one) and couldn't find it anywhere and I need a new bag :lookaround:

I looked in B&Q (big one) and couldn't find it anywhere and I need a new bag :lookaround:

@@botanics it's usually next to where the perlite and seedling cutting compost etc, usually indoors next to the pots and propagation stuff etc.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

OK, so since I came across this thread I read a little on it. I read a lot about rock dust being good for your garden & plants. I was just wondering if limestone dust would also quailty for this purpose.

I live near a query where they break up the rock & I was going to ask for a couple of buckets for my garden for next season. Do you think this would be ok, work or what are your views on This?

Guest jacks lad

@@Irishgirl

limestone is mostly calcium, i stopped using rock dust for my grow, is magic for my house garden, takes weeks to start doing good, worms drag it into the soil and eat it, makes them bigger and they do big poo's, it puts all the elements back into the ground that chemicals killed over the years.

• Like 1

@@Irishgirl

limestone is mostly calcium, i stopped using rock dust for my grow, is magic for my house garden, takes weeks to start doing good, worms drag it into the soil and eat it, makes them bigger and they do big poo's, it puts all the elements back into the ground that chemicals killed over the years.

Thanks for this advice Jack's lad. Just wondering why you stopped using rock dust for your grow if it is good for your house Garden? So would the lime stone dust be any benefit to the ground b4 planting Out? Sorry, I am just trying to gather as much info as I can as it's a new world to me lol .

@@Irishgirl

Rockdust is a bit different to the Limestone you're thinking of as it's Basalt rock, volcanic etc (which is full of micro and macro elements) some use Dolomite lime to help in soft water areas to raise the calcium levels that may be lacking :yep:

• Like 1

@@Irishgirl

Rockdust is a bit different to the Limestone you're thinking of as it's Basalt rock, volcanic etc (which is full of micro and macro elements) some use Dolomite lime to help in soft water areas to raise the calcium levels that may be lacking :yep:

OK & thanks for this Botanica. I will cross it off my list & add volcanic rock dust or dolomite instead. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I would like to add rock dust to my soil but I cant find one that doesn't have chlorine in it.

Does anyone know of any rock dust that is chlorine free?

5 minutes ago, cheesehunter said:

I would like to add rock dust to my soil but I cant find one that doesn't have chlorine in it.

Does anyone know of any rock dust that is chlorine free?

Volcanic 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikingDee said:

Volcanic 

Already tried, I wanted to use Remin volcanic rock Dust , they show all the Macro/micro elements on the label.

Don't want any chlorine because I am using products like mykos and biosys.

Don't want any harm to come to my bacteria or fungi.

@cheesehunter I've used biosys and fungi this round myself and also volcanic rock dust. I'm pretty sure the bennies are fine judging by my roots on pot ups. I wouldn't worry about it 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VikingDee said:

@cheesehunter I've used biosys and fungi this round myself and also volcanic rock dust. I'm pretty sure the bennies are fine judging by my roots on pot ups. I wouldn't worry about it 

Thanks for the advice, I was having real trouble deciding on my own, nice to know that someone with experience has got my back.

I am going to purchase the rock dust now, cheers

• Like 1