Thermostat To Override A Fan Controller

oldtimer1

• 5 months later...

Hi all.

I'm trying to rig together a thermostat and Fan speed controller and

trying to figure out the instructions for my T6360B1028 (08 08 05)

The connections on the thermostat are from left to right:

Earth and 2 are the first two, which are stepped on the left as a lower pair.

Next are the highest set of three in the middle; 3, 4, 1.

Lastly, the last pair on the right are blank; 5 and 6.

The instruction leaflet has T6360/4360 printed on it.

There are three wiring diagrammes to choose from, one

having the name T6360B.

The wiring instruction diagramme is not quite straight forward for me! :rofl:

From left to right; Earth..1..2..3..4.

1 is L, which swithches on to number 4.

N is 3, which has heating load and is joined to 2 with a squigly line.

The text underneath this reads:

Terminal 3: 10(3) A max. and Terminal 4: 6(2) A max.

Because the numbers are in a different order on the thermostat itself, compaired

to the diagramme provided, do I just go ahead and wire up the numbers?

1 being live and 4 being the switch. 3 would be the neutral.

Thanks in advance and pictures if ya need em. :wink:

Thanks.

:oldtoker:

OK, after much thinking and sweating, I've

done the impossible and wired it up successfully.

2 is the neutral.......4 is the switch........and 1 is the live.

There is a difference in air flow now, or until the thermostat

kicks in. However i'm also working on the idea of the expanding

foam to further reduce noise. Thought of it first, then seen it at UK420.

Yipee....... lol

Nice one.

:spliff:

• 1 year later...

A quick sketch/diagram of how a standard room thermostat to override a fan speed controller works.

post-338-1144459619_thumb.jpg

That wouldnt work. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just thought i'd carry it over to forums (was in pm) incase this will help other people or any leccys will know any ways of doing this.

What I would like to do is have my Fans Idleing via a B&Q Fan Speed Controller so theres some air movement. When the temp gets too high, I would like my Habistat Cool Control Thermostat to kick in and give the fans full power.

However, the way the Habistat is wired it doesn't seem atatll easy to do without some possible modifications or some other way.

The habistat is just an in/out setup. What ot1 pictured is for a Honeywell, although this has helped me a lot I still can't get mine going unfortunately due to the Habistat wiring as the neutral gets turned off as well as the live when the Habistat turns off. Thus there is no neutral for the fan speed controller/fan.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful,

I have just included a quick drawing of the in/out habistat. I do not know if it is possible what I want to do without some other components.

Many thanks :yinyang:

if i,m reading this corect you,re looking for wiring diegram for a thermostat for your fan ? if you can tell me how to put photos up i,ve got one prepared. regards cr

• 4 months later...

just too complicate this can you come up with a wiring diagram so i can have the fan on constant, with the voltage varried by dimmers, with lights off set back, full power off room stat when temps rise too high, and also to be activated by a humidistat too lol jus too complicate everything

• 1 month later...

I have once again dipped my toe into the font of all knowledge that is the UK420 Forum and I am inspired! I've had this old step voltage fan controller for ages, looks a bit bland and boring so I'm going to give it a makeover! Currently I use an Echotechnics controller but it's crap, just switches fans off and heater on. Running fans at less than 100% causes terrible hum so I don't.

So I'm finally going to consign that piece of crap to the dustbin and combine a room thermostat with the transformer to run the fans at low voltage until the room temperature reaches the set point when it switches the fan to full power.

Here's the step voltage transformer.

post-45686-0-74415600-1322671353_thumb.jpg

The label inside the box is a bit cryptic or is that German?

post-45686-0-43584300-1322671251_thumb.jpg

Anyway here's what I'm thinking of doing.

post-45686-0-89663300-1322671380_thumb.jpg

Does that look right?

edit. No it dosen't ... crap have the outputs wrong way on the thermostat.. NC should drive the transformer whilst NO should be the bypass...

Like that...

post-45686-0-95396100-1322672880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Laphroaig

Guest La Viva Sativa

dunno what your on mate but the controller works fine and onbly hums if you go below 40% also if you go into the hidden settings and set to op1 then heater runs while fans are on.

Yep I read that post on the hidden settings with great anticipation... sadly mine is about 3-4 years old and doesn't seem to have that functionality... must have got an old even crappier model. Besides for idling I want to be running at 20-30% at which speed the Echotechnics utterly fails it's like 4x louder than 100%. Stepped voltage from the transformer on the other hand produces no hum at all. So until such time as they provide an environmental controller that uses a transformer as opposed to a resistor to vary fan speed, what you make will (always) be better than what you can buy in my humble opinion.