Growers choice NL

Phenohead11

2 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Lemme at 'im uncle scooby..

lol     Brings back memories mucker 👍      Been time since i hear that !!

I pref .... I aint No chicken boy ... i is a rooster lol    

Sunday fight club 🥰 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Brysee said:

I really do apologise mate it's just been going the Netherlands for years and just in the last couple years Cali weed on menu for 3 x price

And mates there tell me it's only a shiny tin that puts price up

Each to there own mate this place is cool I don't even normally talk and I don't know if I mentioned it but I have had a bad day

It's fine mate I won't hold any grudges to anyone , I totally understand all the hype around it to be made to look like a designer weed for these youths driving around in the financed cars thinking the dogs bollocks with there shiny packs there the idiot's who probably got the price tag put on it for there "insta" And there prices are silly, I defo see where you and everyone coming from . Cheers mate I understand your frustrations with it genuinely do.

• Like 2

Look I'm sorry if I ruffled any one's feathers it was not my intention I'm a nice guy in my late 20's I can tell you lot are some serious growers probably been growing longer then I have been born and I would get why everyone is so against it you boys/girls probably been growing a lot longer then some of these "breeders" and you clearly know your shit. Maybe I didn't think about my first initial post enough but texting can come across different to what I'm actually thinking maybe didn't word things correctly. 

• Like 8

@Phenohead11 I'm in my 40's and only found this place a couple of years ago. As someone who was sick of buying dealer weed from the lower end of the socio economic scale (like the majority of folk on here) I can genuinely say I'm bored of the "samey stuff" that I see when I trawl through seed banks at night (less stressful than social media). The subbies stuff on here will absolutely knock the shit out of the vast majority of marketed nonsense out there. Hence the somewhat abrupt dismissal of your original premise.... 

If what you're talking about is smoking commercial (and legal) weed then fair enough. If it's about growing, then any criticism from folk on here is based broadly on their experiences of growing it. As a new member I wouldn't want you to think you were going to be criticised with regards to what, where or how you grow.... I grow in a tramps vest and all I've got is support. Folk here will always be sceptical until some kickass buds get posted in a diary. Not a challenge or owt, but I double triple dog dares thi to do it 🥰

• Like 6

@Phenohead11

To get things back on track, have you got any bud shots of the ones you've grown? Either in flower or dried. I'd be up for seeing them :yep:

I can never understand people saying that they're not bothered about the effects of the weed and only care about the flavour. I know a lad who said it to me once, thing is he uses the weed for his Mulitiple Sclerosis. I did ask why he doesn't just buy some boiled sweets if he just wants flavour :rolleyes:

As for the Cali thing, it really depends what people mean by it, do they mean the genetics are from Cali? Some people think it's weed from California, I very much doubt it. A lad I know gave me 3 of his 'cali' packs to try, I said "they're quite similar aren't they?" What I wanted to say was "you daft twat, they're the same weed in 3 different packages" but he's a sensitive soul so I played it diplomatically.

Another good one was my ex mrs telling me someone offered her some Cali from Canada lol

To me the whole Cali thing is just an excuse to quadruple the price they charge for it, nothing is worth the money they ask, we all know how it grows, they're just taking the piss.

Any photos of the Cali are certainly welcome though :rockon:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KC said:

I can never understand people saying that they're not bothered about the effects of the weed and only care about the flavour. I know a lad who said it to me once, thing is he uses the weed for his Mulitiple Sclerosis. I did ask why he doesn't just buy some boiled sweets if he just wants flavour :rolleyes:

As for the Cali thing, it really depends what people mean by it, do they mean the genetics are from Cali? Some people think it's weed from California, I very much doubt it. A lad I know gave me 3 of his 'cali' packs to try, I said "they're quite similar aren't they?" What I wanted to say was "you daft twat, they're the same weed in 3 different packages" but he's a sensitive soul so I played it diplomatically.

Another good one was my ex mrs telling me someone offered her some Cali from Canada lol

To me the whole Cali thing is just an excuse to quadruple the price they charge for it, nothing is worth the money they ask, we all know how it grows, they're just taking the piss.

Any photos of the Cali are certainly welcome though :rockon:

This is what I was trying to say yesterday I'm just not a very good with words

Apologies for yesterday @Phenohead11 

• Like 1

Ahem....

SOOOOOO.......

I can speak to this with some degree of accuracy.  Or at least, logically, more accurately than someone in the UK can. 

All the street dope in the Southeast US comes from legal areas.  One "supply chain" I'm experienced with comes out of Sacramento, California.  The other, I can't verify, but I speculate Colorado.  The cheap street weed ( about 100/lid.  Sorry mods.  Wont mention pricing again) that we get is for certain outdoor (I suspect light dep) castoffs from the previous season.  It's blatantly obvious what it is.  Thousands of popcorn buds that are dry, rock hard and purple as fuck. All the same size.  Shockingly homogenous aka SCREAMS of PGR.  Harsh smoke, black ash, instant stupid.  Clearly high THC as the goal from growers.  It hits like a sledgehammer, you feel dirty and gross, you cough your brains out and then it falls off into this feeling like you need to take a shower after about 45 mins.

Then there's the "elite" or more expensive street dope.  About 2.5-3x  the cost of the "cheap."  It's the exact same experience.  I genuinely can't tell a difference in the "Cheap" vs "elite" and I've smoked a SHIT TON of it. 

EVERYTHING that hits the streets is some variant of Gelato here.  EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN THING.  EVERY FUCKING ONE.  Same shit. 

Now, I've also tried the "hype train" strains from dispensaries in Las Vegas and NY.  Same same.  The flower was processed with more intent and is much more expensive.  But still the same story.  Lots of trichomes, it all smells the same, it all looks the same, same sized, homogenous flower.  Same flavor,  Same high.  Instant stupid and then you feel like you need a shower 45 mins into it. 

The problem with this "Cali" weed is that it's bottlenecking genetics.  I refer to it as Sister Fucking, because that's exactly what's going on.  The genetic selections that are heavily leaned on are becoming one thing.  Cannabis is no longer cannabis from a mass market genetic perspective.  It's the same couple of starting points that have been recombined to the point that it all looks similar, grows similar, tastes similar etc. 

I have no doubt that there are standout examples of these lines. Guys who's judgement I trust work with these lines in sporadic bursts.  But the LINE is not the standout.  The one plant out of 10,000 seed cracks is where the standout lives.  And that's not a line. That's a good pheno. 

The disdain for these "cali" strains isn't so much aimed at the flower itself.  The disdain is aimed at the CONCEPT of what the people who market  this shit are doing and have done successfully.  They're pulled a rouse where the ignorant consumer has been convinced that THIS IS WEED

And that just flat out is not the case. There is an entire world of weed at our fingertips but we have collectively decided that all weed must be this one thing. 

Sort of like convincing the general public, in totality, that FOOD manifests as beans on toast//hard stop. 

FOOD in totality has influences and components that span our entire planet.  It cannot and should not be relegated to one specific dish from one specific geographic area. 

But that's what the legal US market has done, and it's done it REALLY REALLY well.  And that is unfortunate. 

E2A:  and what's the "NL" part in the title about?  I assumed that was Northern Lights, but I see no mention of that?  Maybe I misunderstood that part?

E2A Again:   also worth mentioning that a great deal of these "infamous" cali lines are CLONES.  They are not seed lines.  There is not a pool of plants that exhibit characteristics described.  THEY ARE CLONES  Only one of them exists.  

There is flat out no way to replicate a clone exactly in a seed line.  Not exact.  You can spend a lot of time working through back crosses or selfing etc, but there is no reliable seed line that nets a result that is the same as the ONE SPECIFIC CUT that has gained all the attention. That's food for though when buying hacked to fuck seeds, too.  

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 9

I just look at it as  ....99% beans are pretty much a mystery and 99% mutts  ..... some claim elitist breeding ... some have pedigree .... some just plain old mongrels  ..... BUT arent they all just mutts & mongrels regarding of stature ?  

Can every single lineage avenue be traced  ??   Was every single contributing plant an elitist plant ??

Or somewhere along the line did Uncle """" Insert Name """   find them in a bit of bud he bought in XYZ location and decided to grow it out  !!    

99% are all mutts & mongrels ...regardless of social standing and we have had some home made beans that walk all over some of the so call ekite stuff & vice versa 👍

Grow what you fancy ,  find something you like  ,  sing your praises all you wish !!  as somewhere someone will see it as trash and others as gold ...fact   👍

Grow what you like , enjoy it / share it and be happy 🥰

Way way too many canna snobs all wrapped up in their elitist bubble that actually not very elite after all , good & bad in everything.       I just love growing and not fussed ... if i like the look of it or description ... im game 👍

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

@OldFord your response is way too reasonable and non-judgmental.  Aren't you Scots supposed to be angry all the time? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Cajafiesta     Aye man ,  im on the Choccy so quite mellowed lol    

Also its sunday .... so fight club is open and waaaay too mellowed for that shit lol   

So i made my case with delicacy & softening of the laughing at the elitist tribe 👍    

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

@Cajafiesta

Finallly someone who actually has experience in the discussion.

Thanks for that brilliant post bud, pretty much puts to bed all the fecking hype around 'cali'. As @OldFord says 'grow what you fancy' and I'll add, 'fuck what anyone else says'...:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, stu914 said:

@Cajafiesta

Finallly someone who actually has experience in the discussion.

Thanks for that brilliant post bud, pretty much puts to bed all the fecking hype around 'cali'. As @OldFord says 'grow what you fancy' and I'll add, 'fuck what anyone else says'...:yep:

:oldtoker:

Yeah, happy to chime in.  I have no doubt that someone who gets their hands on the ACTUAL cut of a specific thing, and grows it themselves, well, will find it to be a good thing.  That much I believe.  But it's still just one "thing."  It does what it does and you like it or dont.  

But the reality is, its a pretty slim chance most people that are telling you it is "hype xyz" have actually got the real cut.  And that being the case, it's just smoke and mirrors. 

And not the good kinda smoke we're all after 😂

• Like 2

@Cajafiesta     A touch more piss with added vinegar on that elite bonfire  lol

And the Actual cut ....being held in high regard can & will be seen as trash or gold by the masses for so many differing reasons  👍     

Some want terps / some structure / some potency  ....the criteria will be sso ubjective due to the fact we are all unique and all have varying tastes /standards ..... its not like we are all sheep innit ??   Or is it !!?  lol  

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 3