Which Fans? (Brand Names)

Chal

Well if you do stumble across a decent oscillating fan let me know :yep: If they don’t have to move I recommend the ProBreeze, just had nearly 4 years out of one. It still spins and all, but the clip etc is broken so I can’t attach it to owt. At least 10 grows :D

• Like 1

Only thing better than a Cloudray S6??? 

2  Cloudray S6’s :guitar: 

large.IMG_2024-01-03-213957.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Flamedodger said:

I recommend the ProBreeze ...

This is good :) I'm actually vaguely wondering if I should pop another one on my list? Could it hurt, to have possibly a crafty few little fans in there? Or, if nothing else; Surely a sound idea, to have back ups of practically Any fucking thing?!

Feel ye pain, regards movers, too. I read a Lot about those too. Seems like the industry all have their heads together; 'Now, how else can we aggravate these fuckers? We've done the jamming half way job. We've got the Droopers. Noisy grinders. How else can we fuck them over? ..... What's that, John? Spontaneously Combusting ones?! You're a Lovely little thinker, John! :D '

Just now, Slippy One said:

Only thing better than a Cloudray S6???

Well, That's encouraging, Greased One! Shows me both ye Can use seemingly excessive force. And, Those bad boys are what I'd Call a Fan! :smug: That's what caught my eye about @Military Grades ones. Proper fans!

I'm flying by the arse of my strides, at the moment, of course. Practically making it up as I go along. But, yeah, as I start to get more established? I'll be proving a bugger for Quality! :D

• Like 1

I’ve bought literally dozens of fans over the years, those USB powered ones are great as they only use 5v, just avoid PC fans unless your grow space is tiny. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slippy One said:

... Avoid PC fans unless your grow space is tiny. 

Err ....! 2 x 2? Five foot high. I was looking at a little PC one, just to hang up top. Do what ever it might to disturb air there.

Not even sure what I'm trying to do, in honesty. Just have this flea up my arse, about the air moving. Humidity is always going to be my biggest bitch. Probably That's what's playing on the back of my mind? Something about giving any thoughts of mould a bloody good run for its money?

• Like 2

Just now, Chal said:

Humidity is always going to be my biggest bitch. Probably That's what's playing on the back of my mind? Something about giving any thoughts of mould a bloody good run for its money?

Lowering the change of temperature in lights on and off helps lower the swing in humidity.  

Depending on where the grow space it going to be situated you can use things like tube heaters and dehumidifiers (dehumidifier outside of tent) to help, works great for in home grows, But if you're growing in a shed or loft then it will make things a little more challenging.

You also want to avoid micro climates

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

@Chal Yeah 100-120mm pc fans like the ones I sent you will be fine for a 2x2, I run 1 under the canopy and 2 above it. 

I have actually found air movement and circulation to be a lot more important for fending off mould than humidity, although both obviously play a key part, sudden drops in temps as lights off are a killer as well. 

Just now, Chal said:

Err ....! 2 x 2? Five foot high.

That's kinda average, there's users on here who grow in much smaller spaces, even a couple who did grows inside a PC cases, wish I could remember their names off the top of my head:g:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Small cabinet yes, but in a 2x2 pc fans, even 140mm Noctura 1600rpm’s are shite compared to Cloudrays, or at least any generic EC oscillating fan. 

UK yearly humidity average is around 75% so yeah, seal the room up good and have a dehumidifier for sure. Don’t forget to extract outside the room too or you’ll struggle. Close the kitchen door on spaghetti nights (or any steamy cooking). 

if your RH goes above 70%, it’s only a matter of time if you don’t have decent circulation. Trust me, the ability to crank up circulatory fan/s to hurricane level could save you from a rotten harvest. 

circulation fans and humidity have a kind of symbiosis thing. 

PC fans be like 10% of what you really need. 

• Like 3

I've used a tower fan for a couple of years and thought it did the best job out of most of the different fans I've used.

• Like 1

Just now, inceywinceyspider said:

I've used a tower fan for a couple of years and thought it did the best job out of most of the different fans I've used.

:wallbash:Don't!!! I've actually always had a hard on for Towers!!! Don't even remember why now :unsure: Can't remember. Just that I spent hellish long, scouring Amazon, and comparing every little detail or just about every bloody fan out there ..... Something about towers caught my eye.

But, then? It must have all fell apart again, for Some damn reason. Did seem to have made sense though. Fuck!!!  Ask a hundred people? Get a hundred fucking preferences.

I Have my little pole dancer. I still certainly like the idea of a little, computer type, one up the top ..... All one sided, isn't it? :g: Shit. I hadn't thought of that. Two Plants, One Fan. We could make something of that .....

D'ye reckon, in my two footer, a tower, pointed about right, could manage to sort of push the air like round and round the two plants? Something like that?

Worth thinking about. Of course, That's now Bound to get some other's going. Good! That's exactly what a Forum's about, isn't it? Airing views and beating shit out. The more views and ideas the better, surely?

Got my tube heaters, on the way. That's That off my mind now. Now I'm free to refocus on things like the horrible fact that I'm Still looking at trying to blow shit about with one, solitary, miserable little fan to go in there! Either way ye look at it; Not enough, is it?

I think it would be cracking if we could get more 'Why's', don't you? Not just; 'Oh, use a so and so. Because I do.' How about some more explanations of why ye choose to use what ye do.

Makings of an excellent little resource, here! :D

PC fans are always useful in small spaces, I've used the 240v ones before.

• Like 1

That's the very ones I've been recommended! 3 pin plugs and even a speed controller! Only about a score or so. If I could only find one in stock!

Might just grab a double one? Can't hurt, can it? Might even be better? :)

• Like 1

I use the USB hanging ones I posted facing down at my light to push the heat from the driver downwards. They are easy to hang and also can be hanged down the sides and the double stands means you can also keep it away from the tent walls for better air flow efficiency.

Close ups of the one in my 40x40x120, it can take a battery but you don't need it for it to function, it also doesn't come with one.

large.20230725_195459.jpg

Would need longer type c cable than the ones they come with, I bought some cheap ones from poundland lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1