Which Fans? (Brand Names)

Chal

4 hours ago, notunum said:

I'm hopeful that the ACinfinity one's use ball bearings. They do look the part, but as yet, I have not read anything about them either lasting or failing ..... I think the ACinfinity one's might be real. They need to be, at the price they sell for.

Edit: Meaco sell one. £Kidney

Yeah. The Cult of AC! Bit like that Princess Di thing. Could just never feel the effect, somehow :mellow: 

Then, I think what actively turned me Against them was the discovery that they make their shit so it's only compatible with Their shit! 'Doing a Dell', as I see it.

Naah. Sorry. The Fan Boys (Fan Boys!!! Fuck me, I must have slept in my own wit, last night!) No, but; The AC crew can jeer and hiss all they like. Water off a ducks back. Not interested. Go knock somewhere else with ye 'Good News'.

You clearly seem to have an above average fascination with what goes on behind the smoke and mirrors. I remember I certainly put in some due diligence, on Amazon, at least.

Ye got a view ~ has Anyone, here? ~ on ProBreeze? I did read their Dehu's were the absolute shit. Till they changed something, quite recently, and promptly Went to shit :(

My one's still in what ever plastic casing it came in. No good asking me then. Yet.

This point about fans being made to point horizontal is interesting too!

Some mileage in this one yet! :yep:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

PC fans are pretty advanced bits of kit and designed to be extremely reliable, quiet, powerful etc

Also designed to run 24/7. Some of them have hydraulic bearings!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chal said:

But, I see, eg. @Military Grade (If someone could, please, remind me how to make his name go coloured and alert him? I used to do it. Now, I press ' @M ' and it doesn't pop up a list of members starting with it) I see these Huge ~ and rather sexy looking! ~ ground based fans too. 

Try a browser that's is not Chromium base like Firefox as the sites has issues with Chromium based browsers :yep:

The Growth Technology fan i got didn't even last a year, I see a few others report the same thing, Turned it off for drying and it never turned back on, i tried a new fuse but didn't work, it's a shame as they was very quiet and moved a good amount of air.

PC fans ain't really necessary in a 2x2 as theres still plenty of room to not have to compromise, I fully understand using them in smaller grow spaces tho.

The USB oscillating fans i have on the floor i got in a sale but ain't cheap normal price, but they have lasted much longer than initially expected. bought them both in August 2022 so well over a year.

"ACADGQ USB Desk Fan Quiet Wall-Mounted Fans Oscillating/Rotating Desktop Fan, 5 Blades, 3 Speeds Cooling Fan for Home Office Outdoor Travel Summer (black)" Currently unavailable atm, but there might be a different listing somewhere.

The fans above the lights are a USB hanging fan, i bought a crap load of different USB fans and then found these ones and they was on sale for £4.99 instead of £15.99 and i was that impressed i bought a bunch of them lol, It's not easy finding a good USB fan but there are gems out there.

"Kazaigou USB Desk Fan, Small USB Powered Portable Desk Fan, 3 Speeds Strong Wind Quiet Personal Table Cooling Fan, 360° Rotatable Mini Desktop Fan for Home Office Bedroom" Currently £12.79

Both USB fans above are more powerful than PC fans while still being very quiet, They even more powerful than my industrial grade "Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000", Tho PC fans are designed to work within the vacuum of a PC case for better efficiency take the side cover off your pc and they becaome very un-efficient in comparison.

i also try to avoid USB fans what have batteries for that extra peace of mind.

As for the oscillating one on the pole that is a AC Infinity S6 Cloudray, Pricey tho but suites my needs perfectly and much better than the RAM fans lol, i know some users have had problems but i got mine where they was first released in the UK and still working like new (touch wood).

This grow fans typic is always a bit of a minefield, I ended up taking it upon myself to just buy a bunch of different fans and return them until i find ones that fit the bill, Gone are the days when i was trying to find ways to install desk fans to poles lol

Old grow setup pics

large.20210703_182337.jpglarge.20210703_182554.jpglarge.20210703_182624.jpg

I much more prefer my setup now, the one above looking back makes me look like a red neck lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

1. Try a browser that's is not Chromium base like Firefox as the sites has issues with Chromium based browsers :yep:

2. The Growth Technology fan i got didn't even last a year, I see a few others report the same thing, Turned it off for drying and it never turned back on

3. PC fans ain't really necessary in a 2x2 as theres still plenty of room to not have to compromise, I fully understand using them in smaller grow spaces tho.

4. It's not easy finding a good USB fan but there are gems out there.

Pardon the butchery. Thought it'd be the more straightforward way to get through it ;)

1. I'm on Firefox :| All things Google can burn in hell, for all I care. Along with Dell, and a few choice others! (Not for nothing am I spoken of, in whispers, as " Chal The Unforgiving "!)

Mad thing is; It worked fine, before?! Can't even remember exactly how I did it. Probably the usual; Type " @ ". Then, without a space, start typing the handle. List pops up. Ton of ideas. Narrows down as ye type more of the actual characters ye want.

I did think yours could be a bugger, as I don't know if it's " M G " or " M_G ". What ever.

Fuck! Just did it, with a randomly chosen, single barrel handle? Worked! (Won't do it live, as I don't want Shumroom's ears burning) @Military Grade Fuck Me!!! Random, momentary glitch then?! Oh well ..... :)

2. Hell, yeah! The old, switch off ~ Stays off thing? That's a practical mantra, when one's checking reviews of fans! The old bum must go like the clappers, when ye've paid a few bob for a fan, then feel the need to turn it off for five minutes!

3. Done a Mind Soup on me there, mate! Whoosh! What ever; I just fancy ~ see what I just did there? ~ coming at the air from as many directions as is reasonable. Especially being as how humidity / mould will probably be the scariest things under my futon.

4. Never mind usb! Fans, per se, appear to be an absolute nightmare, don't they? S'why we're here :(

• Like 1

I have one generic stationary clip on fan but as I switched over to a AC Infinity extractor fan and control panel (honestly worth it for me as it keeps temps and humidity bang on) I also bought one of their swivel fans, nice bit of kit, silent as anything however in the notes it does say you can't have it on 24 hours as the motor needs time to cool down, although I haven't pushed the boundaries of this yet, I'm thinking I may require another one to kick in when one cuts off to cool down.

I don't know how many of you may be active on instagram but I follow a page called the northernscrogger and he seems to exclusively use AC Infinity, by no means does that mean you should use them as I'm sure he gets great deals and freebies but I found their customer service to be quite excellent. I was having an issue with the control board so I sent it back and the guy was replying to me at 9 in the evening, way outside working hours and to me that speaks a lot in todays society.

• Like 1

Just now, mystic_roots said:

in the notes it does say you can't have it on 24 hours as the motor needs time to cool down, although I haven't pushed the boundaries of this yet, I'm thinking I may require another one to kick in when one cuts off to cool down.

I have mine on Cycle mode, 10 hours on 10mins off :yep:

most fans will easily run 24/7, 365. as long as they are running at more than 1/3rd of thier full speed

they need to shift a certain amount to keep the motor cool enough, or they will fail in a short time

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

Just now, mystic_roots said:

... however in the notes it does say you can't have it on 24 hours as the motor needs time to cool down.

I find that fucking bizarre though! I mean; Imagine buying a motor where it says, " Not suitable for long journeys. Be sure to pull over and twiddle ye thumbs for a few hours, every so often."

Hardly a 'Fuck, Yeah! I'm having one of Them!' sort of selling point, is it? :(

Just now, badbillybob said:

most fans will easily run 24/7, 365. as long as they are running at more than 1/3rd of thier full speed

Except for brutally expensive ones! :rofl:

Just now, Chal said:

Imagine buying a motor where it says, " Not suitable for long journeys. Be sure to pull over and twiddle ye thumbs for a few hours, every so often."

The life of a Tesla owner lol

• Like 2

Just now, badbillybob said:

they need to shift a certain amount to keep the motor cool enough, or they will fail in a short time

I've only ever run mine on level 4-5, Level 10 is just way too unnecessary for my little 2x2 lol

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

my little 2x2 lol

Ye Not serious?! :huh:  I'd love to know someone else with experience of a 2x.

I'm just off out, any minute now. Checked the old finances, before I go. Thought; " Mm. Well, if That's the case? Might as well get those two tube's out of the way! "

Do that, when I get back. Lift's bound to arrive, midway, otherwise! :rolleyes:

Hello,i use for my 60x60x120 tent the ac infinity 4" Cloudline s4 ec+ 4" filter

For circulation i use ac infinity multifan s7 dual cooling fan plus i attached to it a russel hobs 4" usb desk fan.This setup work well for me.:bong:large.20231227_090606.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Norbinyo said:

... for my 60x60x120 tent ...

:eek: How The Fuck do ye get That many plants in there?!?

Shit! I'm about to burst out the door, in search of Two 10" ones? Then, I see That?! Ahh, jesus!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Military Grade said:

I have mine on Cycle mode, 10 hours on 10mins off :yep:

That's good to know! I'll try that when I next run a lot

• Like 1