Which Fans? (Brand Names)

Chal

Hope I'm not pushing my luck here? But, honestly; After the Tube Heaters roaring success? I also, genuinely, find myself completely wrecked over fans. Fucking things! I know I spent Nights, sifting through Amazon like my life depended on it. Christ, did I read up about some fans! Types. Sizes. Names .....

I remember I bought one, in the end. One? Bit fucking woeful, eh? ONE fucking fan! What was I thinking?! Even in my little 2 x 2 coffin! And, this one's an about seven inch(?) clip on. It's three, freezing cold, rooms away. Stove's on. Fucked if I'm going out there and digging it out now!

:rolleyes::wallbash: Imacunt!!! " Pro BreezeTM Professional Mini 6" Clip Fan for Home, Office and Desk, 2 Fan Speeds with Fully Adjustable Fan Head - Black." Straight from my Amazon Orders listing! FFS

So, yeah. I've got that. So, now we can imagine that, stuck to a pole. Disturbing the air somewhere around the middle of the 'bush'. Now seems completely inadequate, to me. I'm gonna have two Tube's on the ground.

Hot air rises, sure. But, I see, eg. @Military Grade (If someone could, please, remind me how to make his name go coloured and alert him? I used to do it. Now, I press ' @M ' and it doesn't pop up a list of members starting with it) I see these Huge ~ and rather sexy looking! ~ ground based fans too. 

Then, I read of small fans, above the light? Dunno? Pushing some of that heated air back down, to get buffeted about in the tent? Sounds nice.

But, my Main question is, of course; Which Brand Names? Please.

Preferably plug in. Hopefully suited to the improvement of my 2 x 2 x 5' little tent. Soon to be bursting with a couple of Northern Lights' in 10" pots :)

Shall we just call RAM the elephant in the room name? :wassnnme: (Christ! The stuff I've read about Those bloody things! I'm sure Somebody will swear by them though)

If this one goes anything like my Tubes one? A Subscription will be looking even More of a possibility! :B):

Do it, lads. For Jools. For the team! :D

• Like 2

For a 2x2 I'd recommend the "Eluteng 12v 1amp" you can get them single or as a twin setup that runs off one plug. The 12v ones, not the USB ones, USB fans aren't anywhere near as powerful :hippy:. I run 2 above my canopy and 1 below iny 2x2.

E2A if you can't find eluteng there are other brands that make similar things Uphere are one iirc. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Growth technology ones I have better than the asthmatic mouse ram ones. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

For a 2x2 I'd recommend the "Eluteng 12v 1amp" you can get them single or as a twin setup that runs off one plug.

And, would that be a standard, three pin plug?

31 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Growth technology ones I have better than the asthmatic mouse ram ones. 

Isn't Anything better that Ram? :rofl:

• Like 1

I smash RAM floor fans for a baggie every time

Got 2 in my 1.2m, one on the floor and one hung. 

I havent seen anyone actually rocking them but they move air with the 'Louvre' or whatever it's called

Edited by Banarchylamp
They are cheap but good for other than growing

I'm hopeful that the ACinfinity one's use ball bearings. They do look the part, but as yet, I have not read anything about them either lasting or failing.

I'm also hopeful they will send some straight here from China or where they are made. Half what we pay is shipping from the states.

For now, I'm also on PC case fans. Dozens of them. While I fail to find a good EC fan, that's not £70 when I fancied 7.
I have even asked a couple of factories. Swapped the motors in two myself. I'm really trying, but it's nearly all rubbish.

Are you aware a sleeve bearing is only for horizontal use. Yet nearly all our fans have them. It's the bit that fails. A fan from the 70s still works though, as it uses a ball race. Which has no limit on orientation.
While they continue to forget how to make them, there is nothing to buy. Today we expect brushless DC/EC fans with ball bearings. We just can't find them. The moment they think we can't see, they fit rubbish.

I think the ACinfinity one's might be real. They need to be, at the price they sell for.

Edit: Meaco sell one. £Kidney

Edited by notunum
  • Like 1

I got one of these - "ELZO USB Desk Fan, 5000mAh Mini Clip Fan, Auto Oscillating, 360° Rotation Rechargeable Stepless Speed, Super Quiet Portable Fan" from Scamazon the other day. Speed works on a dimmer which is handy, and you can point it basically anywhere, *and* it does 90degree oscillation. Granted, I haven't actually built my tent yet, but it seems pretty good for the price. Can run on batteries or plug it in to any nearby USB port.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Banarchylamp said:

havent seen anyone actually rocking them

Grey and blue ones?

I've got a few, currently mothballed but they come in handy for day to day use around the house during summer :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chal said:

And, would that be a standard, three pin plug?

Yes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notunum said:

I'm hopeful that the ACinfinity one's

I saw a lot of people complaining about premature failures of the AC circulation fans (cloud ray?) When they came out. Not sure if the design faults have been updated but from what I remember they just changed the warranty to only cover you for 18hrs operation a day or something like that lol. I have seen a few happy customers, but for 60 quid I wouldn't want any bad reviews. 

Ironically after recommending nthe Eluteng I woke up to one of the spazzing out today. I think I forgot to clean them for a few runs so the build up was fouling the shroud, must have been working against it for ages. Cleaned it all of and switched it back on, good as new... Like I say the 12v part is the important bit, not necessarily the brand. They're just PC fans on a speed controller with a power supply? but PC fans are pretty advanced bits of kit and designed to be extremely reliable, quiet, powerful etc. They're all designed to run of 12v though, so if you get a usb one it's getting less than half it's rated voltage and will be woefully underpowered. 

Edited by MindSoup

I like Growth Technology but had trouble getting any this time so I got a Daewoo, it seems to push a fair bit of air.

I have a RAM that I am putting in the bin!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

if you get a usb one it's getting less than half it's rated voltage and will be woefully underpowered. 

Boosh!!! Now, see? Last thing, last night ~ well, just before I got sucked into the Simrell site! :wassnnme: ~ I went on the hunt for Eluteng. Christ! What a bloody game That was!

Ask Amazon for them? Not got any and don't know if they ever will again. Oh. Shit!

Back to DDG. Search link after link after ..... Hullo! What's this? Direct link Back to Amazon. And, There they are!!! Fucking mental! :huh:

Anyway; Poppy Carew job, again, isn't it? See, I have an unreasoned hatred for things USB powered. Dunno why. Age thing? Just lived a life where anything worth a light plugged into the wall. Won't even have any battery operated power tools.

I did, eventually, see them with some multi national type plug. That might do? But, my last thoughts were the realisation that, at least, I have a three pin plug here which takes a USB. So, sort of ..... Bit of each really, I s'pose?

Then, I got all wrapped up trying to fathom where Dynavap ended and Simrell began. Got all twisted up and went to bed!

Good to see this one getting some traction. I can just imagine Jools there; Slapping his own hip and growling, " Gwaaarn, lads!!! ". As the moths in my wallet tremulously cover their eyes in fearful anticipation.

1 minute ago, Satchitananda said:

I have a RAM that I am putting in the bin!

Obviously! :rofl:

Daewoo has my attention :g:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chal said:

Boosh!!! Now, see? Last thing, last night ~ well, just before I got sucked into the Simrell site! :wassnnme: ~ I went on the hunt for Eluteng. Christ! What a bloody game That was!

:headpain:  If I'm honest this entire comment went straight over my head, but like I say the brand doesn't matter all that much, PC fans are pretty much all manufactured to a high spec so as long as they're being supplied 12v then you'll have a decent, compact and powerful fan. 

E2A Just checked and uphere 12v fans are in stock on Amazon, get those instead, they're much of a muchness. 

Edited by MindSoup