Which Fans? (Brand Names)

Chal

Just now, Chal said:

:eek: How The Fuck do ye get That many plants in there?!?

Shit! I'm about to burst out the door, in search of Two 10" ones? Then, I see That?! Ahh, jesus!!!

Thanks mate lol It just a bit of fun plus i don't want to leave empty the teent so i upgraded and here we are.Next time gonna be 4 go in with wilma system 6l pot with clay

Just now, Norbinyo said:

Thanks mate lol It just a bit of fun plus i don't want to leave empty the teent so i upgraded and here we are.Next time gonna be 4 go in with wilma system 6l pot with clay

@Chal

Grow diary from it if you interest

• Like 1

@BilgePump The very same, the 'Louvre' works better than standard oscillating fans I reckon

Ripped an old fan out of a Mars Hydro light and wired up to a 12v plug for my 2x2, nowt more needed for veg!

27 minutes ago, Banarchylamp said:

Louvre' works better than standard oscillating fans I reckon

I have to agree with you, especially for mixing.

As and when my cloudray packs up (it will, its a.c infinity) i reckon I'll go back to hanging a Louvre box somewhere up high, should push led heat down i reckon :g:

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Garden High Pro Clip Fans (Profan 5w and 7.5w) are nice and compact 6' or 8' with super-low wattage and are very quiet. They don't oscillate though. I have them under my canopy creating a nice breeze and above my lights pushing some air down. They move a decent amount of air for the size, are whisper quiet and about £18 for the big one.

• Like 1

I’ve been offered free ac infinity stuff I said no lol and not from the old sponsor here either. There’s a six inch extract and original controller I was sent by old sponsor which I used for one cycle piece of shite also it was.  Even the box Louvre fans pack up after a few cycles gave up on them also. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arthur Mix said:

AC infinity ..... piece of shite 

Well ..... This could escalate! :boxing::rofl: 

Just back. No pots, as it happens! (No fucking 'Pot', either! Fucking cess pit of a cunt! But, that's another story. Not for here :furious:)

Quite handy, really. I decided to ring the place I hoped might have some. Fair old walk from the pub I was based in. They wouldn't answer.

Then, it occurred to me! Am I Really gonna come strolling into a pub full of lunatics, at This time of year, with two 10" pots under my arm?!? :headpain:Come to that? Am I gonna be Seen any fucking where with the things?! 

It's a tiny village of a place. Every bugger knows ye name. They probably know I can't Stand tomatoes either! Five minutes and it'd be common knowledge that I was getting a grow on. FFS. Back to Amazon it is then. 'Buy Local', my arse! :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@Chal

Have a look at "Meaco" fans, not cheap but imo one of the best brands around.

Good god! Truthfully, Stu? It's not the (Wow factor inducing!) prices. It's more a simple case of; 'If I had an eight foot tent ...'!

Now, I've had someone PMing me with some Very interesting stuff. Stuff, I believe(?) I even recognise from some of the photo's floating around here.

Why they chose to PM me such good info' is probably best known to them. Seems a bit daft, to me. This thread's supposed to be examining what's out there. What good, if people are whispering some of the best stuff?

What ever. I've had quite the day of it. What with one thing and another :frown: (My apologise for parts of my last post. I'd come back to tone it down ~ but, now I see we can't even edit our own shit? :rolleyes: Works out for the best then, doesn't it?)

Finally settling down now. Thankfully, no casualties. I intend to get back to chasing up my PMer. I also want to have a snoop around some of these Diaries. I'm at the point, this minute, where fans and pots are tormenting me.

Made one other, small, advance today, anyway :)More Poppy Carew! I never know whether to mention it now, or save it all up for when / if I ever kick off my own 'Diary' here.

Anyway; Gonna send for those two Dimplex tubes, tonight. Who knows? Might even grab some fans? Do that, and how am I supposed to Not throw a couple of pots on the order?! :D

Off the top of my head? I'm having a job working out what that might leave me too get! I could well find myself fussing over a couple of dinky little plants, before this month's out! :yes:

• Like 1

If you’re looking for fans,

I’ve been informed that the Windking fans are supposed to be pretty good and a little cheaper than Meaco :) 

Unfortunately they only seem to make/sell the ones on stands and wall mounted nowadays,

as I had been trying to get a floor fan.

I ended up going oversized with an 18” Tornado DC (floor)fan,

it’s so quiet but moves lots of air :D 

Atb

• Like 1

The Garden High Pro Clip Fan sounds interesting. It's size to power ratio suggest it's an EC fan, while others they sell at the more usual 15w, say AC. This does leave these looking like they might be the right thing. However, it's marketed as direct drive. Like it's a turntable or something. It's utter nonsense, and stops me going any further with this.

It's unfortunate the ACinfinity fans have turned out so bad, they need a way out of honouring the warranty. It seems they are an EC fan, making them efficient and quiet. However not a ball bearing fan, making them short lived.

You can actually buy the right motors for 9-12" desk fans, if you can manage the bldc ~3 control. Which is just a £10 board, that runs 12-24v. It costs about £30 to do the conversion. If a manufacturer uses such a motor, they see if as a top price bit of kit. Adding night lights, timers, touch sensors and remote controls. To bill you £100 for just being interested.

Don't get me started on adding batteries, to make it seem better value. It's just buying a fire hazard.

Much as I would like to join the anti usb march, I have to yield. 12v seems better than 5v, but neither actually account for movement. Movement comes from the flow of power, and the bit of wire doesn't need much forcing to allow this. The USB ports of long ago were just 0.5amp, but I think these fans expect a 1amp (5w) socket. We know this grew to 3amp, and now we have usb chargers claiming 120w. The usb fan won't demand this, and crumple your Dell desktop under the weight. I think most of these 100mm usb desk fans are 5w, and that actually, a 5w brushless DC fan, can do the job of a 10w AC fan, easily. Remember, that 7" chip fan is 12-20w usually, with 15w being typical. Then we run them on number one. That annoying usb fan is probably alright. It's just not as cheap as a comparable case fan. Though a case fan might lead to you chopping plugs off and taping up wires, to get them all singing from the same 3-12v psu.

It's no real secret, that the AC motor is dead. We are buying the last of this stuff. I no longer have an AC motor in my grow. Not fans nor pumps. This is a technical fact that brand recommendations are not covering.

I have seen the occasional desk fan that's good. They don't market EC and BB as housewives don't know what that is. They market the strengths of these products. Noise. Efficiency. Variable speed control (or more presets than normal)

I still can't quote, so I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you individually. Which means I likely missed a few things.

Do you see the box with the + next to the box with the word quote in?

If you only want to quote one person then just use the quote button,

but if there are multiple people you want to quote then you’ll need to use the + button :yep:

Just now, notunum said:

I still can't quote, so I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you individually. Which means I likely missed a few things.

Atb

@notunum and anybody else That into their stuff? Dare I ask if ye fancy digging into the " upHere " brand?

My man, in the shadows ~ who, I now realise may well be in the shadows simply because he wanted to show me Links? ~ he's shown / Tried to show! me those. They have Ball Bearings! 120mm is the ones he's trying to get me to. Links / Amazon? Complete shit show!

I've had a Nightmare of a day and night, frankly. I'm off to bed, very shortly. Tomorrow, I must start trying to find these ones; Available to me. In singles. In Ireland.

I'll stop there. Otherwise, I'll be cross referencing three, or more, threads!

But, yeah: 'upHere'. 120mm. Speed Control. And a three pin plug! :yep:

• Like 1

I used ACI kit in the noughties when I did AV installs before they got into grow kit. They were always reliable for cabinet and AV cooling and a little on the pricey side iirc. I bought the S4 and controller 67 from the US zon when they came out because of that rep with AV and they have been faultless. I also use their AV cab fans S3 & S7 in between my grow and veg cab, they are very good, they have been on almost 24/7 for a year. I’m not sure what they would be like for air movement though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Flamedodger said:

I’m not sure what they would be like for air movement though. 

And, I guess, That's hit on an extremely valid point, really, Dodge: Horses for courses. Ye dead right. When we actually stop and think about it for a minute? Who was that British king? Rocked up in the desert. Was nice about it though. Met an Arab king.

Arthur got out his broadsword and chopped a metal bar in half. Mo' was well impressed. But, then he produced a silk sheet. Sliced it into ribbons, with his scimitar. Turned to Arthur and said; 'Try That.'

AC's are geared toward sucking an entire tent dry and pushing it across a room. I just want the air not to hang there, where it is.

Anyway, let's see what today brings? (Come to that? Better check my bank balance and see WTF I got up to yesterday! :D Damned if I can remember. I do all this Without drugs, ye know? :rofl:)

• Like 1