8 week finisher

Eldo

Just now, BilgePump said:

lollollol That's a fantastic phrase.

:yinyang:

Had to be said telling folk they grow bad because I just so happened to find the fastest flowering plant I have grown in 25yr last grow. Here is something else he can take a dig at. I grow a 24 week sativa crop of Bob Marley's best from high quality seeds many year ago to. Suppose the other end of the scale of flowering is bad growing to. lol people like him are the reason these forums loose members that jump on other social media platforms. 

Edited by brock1
  • Like 5

Just now, brock1 said:

bad growing

I once mixed a whole packet of aqua gel into four 10L pots if we're talking about bad growing :unsure:

• Like 3

Bob Marleys best , that's one of the first plants I ever grew, had her outside and she never had a chance to finish . 

I have a Critcal plus 2.0 that is ready at 49/50 days every time . She's a low yielder and not a particularly strong structured plant. Her buds are very nice though , has this spiced peach/apricot thing going on. 

• Like 2

Just now, BilgePump said:

I once mixed a whole packet of aqua gel into four 10L pots if we're talking about bad growing :unsure:

That's not bad growing. You learned a lesson you won't repeat. If everything stays the same every grow you wont learn anything about growing. Imagine growing the same clone in the same dialed in room to that clone then going on a forum & telling others their bad growers because they grow something you didn't see in your mostly same clone grow. I have killed more plant's through bad growing in a year that than he's probably grown in his full time growing. I call it stress testing outdoor but it's 100% bad growing to weed out the weak. :hippy:

• Like 2

Just now, Al Swearengen said:

Bob Marleys best , that's one of the first plants I ever grew, had her outside and she never had a chance to finish . 

I have a Critcal plus 2.0 that is ready at 49/50 days every time . She's a low yielder and not a particularly strong structured plant. Her buds are very nice though , has this spiced peach/apricot thing going on. 

Bob Marleys best was a freebie to be fair. It was a nice lemon spice type plant from what I remember that had 2oz top's. Although I didn't trim them properly because they were leafy strange structure buds. It was a lovely smoke though that I got 120oz of dry leaft buds from 12 plants in a shed with 2 600w hps lights so the yeild wasn't bad at all. To this day I haven't tried a pure critical. I have grown it in loads of crosses though. The slurriking is low yeild to I only got 2.5oz of it but only grow 1 plant in the corner with 4 platinum OG kush breath remix. The slurriking was a freebie. I do hear a lot of good things about the critical though :hippy:

• Like 1

Well yeah funnily enough I've not done it again lol

Im a firm believer in a stress test, quite often they're inadvertent because im forever fiddling with stuff :unsure:

4 weeks is crazy fast... How badly did it mash yer head having that happen?

• Like 2

large.Resizer_17037056327891.jpeglarge.Resizer_17037056331423.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Well yeah funnily enough I've not done it again lol

Im a firm believer in a stress test, quite often they're inadvertent because im forever fiddling with stuff :unsure:

4 weeks is crazy fast... How badly did it mash yer head having that happen?

A lot to be fair before this 1 plant the fastest I had was 7 weeks. However I do know people that claimed 5 weeks 4 day's commercial with a clone called quick & easy. Possibly a clone from a old Hollands hope. It was a nice orange terp strain with nice buds. Hell I didn't go saying the dude must grow shit though. The strain vanished because from that I remember as the mother got older the clones started to hermi so it got culled after they grow it for around 2yr. If it didn't it would of become a lot more popular in the commercial grow scene. Here's a dry bud from the slurriking :hippy:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 4

Ah Hollands hope was another one I grew at the same time as I did the Bob marleys best . I also did Purple #1 from Dutch passion and Shiva shanti from sensi. The Purple #1 and the hollands hope both did ok , but it was my first grow and I didn't even know how to top a plant back than , probably 20 years or more ago. The Purple was very weak in the potency department and the hollands hope wasn't much better. Romantically I'd like try all those old varieties again , Shaman , Frisian dew etc. I still have a pack of Super Thai x Skunk (High quality seeds) from back than , they are the biggest seeds I've had to date. 

Thats some yield you got from the Bob Marleys best @brock1, worth the wait by the sounds of it . I don't mind a leafy structure as long as it tastes good. Spice and citrus is right up my street. 

I had the original Critcal from dinafem for a while , which had much bigger donkey dick type buds, plant structure was thicker too, she held herself up well but was susceptible to mold in those big buds and her profile had a slightly sweet but musty thing going on. I would like to try MR Nices version , "Critical mass"  , as that's where it came from. Scottt Blakey was on the Pot cast recently, I really enjoyed it and always admired  his work and what way he carries himself. There's no ego there. If anyone is interested he's doing a live Q and A on YouTube on the 30th.

4 weeks is super fast , but I don't doubt it one bit , there's always surprises and new things to be learnt . Sounds like she would be good outdoors given that fast finish. :yinyang:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brock1 said:

Bob Marley's best from high quality seeds many year ago

I grew that too, probably 20 years ago. It had an amazing smell, the best I'd grown at that point, you could smell it from outside in those pre-carbon filter days... Unfortunately it was also the first time I saw a hermaphrodite so I didn't end up finishing it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Swearengen said:

Ah Hollands hope was another one I grew at the same time as I did the Bob marleys best . I also did Purple #1 from Dutch passion and Shiva shanti from sensi. The Purple #1 and the hollands hope both did ok , but it was my first grow and I didn't even know how to top a plant back than , probably 20 years or more ago. The Purple was very weak in the potency department and the hollands hope wasn't much better. Romantically I'd like try all those old varieties again , Shaman , Frisian dew etc. I still have a pack of Super Thai x Skunk (High quality seeds) from back than , they are the biggest seeds I've had to date. 

Thats some yield you got from the Bob Marleys best @brock1, worth the wait by the sounds of it . I don't mind a leafy structure as long as it tastes good. Spice and citrus is right up my street. 

I had the original Critcal from dinafem for a while , which had much bigger donkey dick type buds, plant structure was thicker too, she held herself up well but was susceptible to mold in those big buds and her profile had a slightly sweet but musty thing going on. I would like to try MR Nices version , "Critical mass"  , as that's where it came from. Scottt Blakey was on the Pot cast recently, I really enjoyed it and always admired  his work and what way he carries himself. There's no ego there. If anyone is interested he's doing a live Q and A on YouTube on the 30th.

4 weeks is super fast , but I don't doubt it one bit , there's always surprises and new things to be learnt . Sounds like she would be good outdoors given that fast finish. :yinyang:

I grow the super Thai x skunk on my kitchen window to back then. Yeild wasn't great but they finished fine and were nice not great. I grow their purple to or was it purple tops? I can't remember now but it was green not purple lol & a little skunky. Overall they were a pretty decent seedbank & cheap at the time.

I like mr nice strains you can find some nice keeper's in them. I liked the G13 skunk to be honest. The only trouble was high numbers of hermaphrodite so I wouldn't recommend them to people only wanting to grow 1 or 2 plant's. It actually caused a bit of a shit storm at 1 point because I wouldn't recommend them to someone who wanted to grow 1 plant for his wife that had cancer. But if your pheno hunting & don't mind killing a few hermi plant's you will find some great keeper's in them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latigid aikon said:

I grew that too, probably 20 years ago. It had an amazing smell, the best I'd grown at that point, you could smell it from outside in those pre-carbon filter days... Unfortunately it was also the first time I saw a hermaphrodite so I didn't end up finishing it.

That sucks i must of just got lucky with mine. Its was 1 free reg seed with my order. It was female & no hermi flowers but It was a just a big pile of buds in the end. They all just fell onto each other. I was surprised I didn't get mould to be honest because the thing just didn't want to finish flowering. :hippy:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

I only had one so mine was probably a freebie too.

It was a while ago but I can remember a few grow reports that said that their BMB hermied hermied. It was the only reason I didn't buy a pack after my grow to find a better pheno. People loved this strain back them mostly because if they got a £10 deal with was 1.5g back then it looked like a 1/2oz it stunk & got your crazy high. It was just a mess ugly when growing & super long flowering time & prettymuch impossible to trim cleanly. Infact most people would of killed it purely based on its flowering time alone. I went back to my old super skunk mother that only took 8 weeks & pheno hunting seeds after just 1 grow. The real seller was the quality high & terps wich were A++ grade.

• Like 2