I want stop smoking!! Help

Amnesialocal

I think you can only give up tobacco when you are actually sick of it...

However, I'd try the vaping route alone first and if you can't be doing with it yet, go with Keye's advice.  If you don't try the light option first, you won't know whether you are ready for it yet.  Keye's suggestion is a great transitional move, one that you can utilise for as long as it takes to give it all up, but if you already want to punch ciggies in the nose, you may be ready.

It doesn't really matter what order and Keye may be right for you, but just thought I'd finish my perspective off before I put down the bone.

• Like 4

I was thinking on these champix ( which actually doesn't exist anymore) or similar inhibitor of nicotine receptors.

It worked fenomenal with me every time I stop smoking ( for 2-3 years included)...but of course stop smoking everything.

And of course after max 3 years I back to it because I missed a joint :(....

I would like to achieve to satisfy my need for medicine without the use of tobacco.

Someone suggest me to try pure joints, which I did and I agree is amazing both teste and effect...and easy not thinking about cigarettes.

Eating instead of smoking is the best in my opinion and could be extremely well done if perfectly dosed and prepared... ( I really liked this option)....but I am sure I will miss some smoke.

I really appreciated all your comments and advises...I will try to do good use of them.

I was lucky and just stopped. The less I thought about it the easier it got. Replacing these government approved, highly addictive nicotine bronchiole clogging idiot sticks with something else is just gonna exacerbate the issue of quitting. 

People who support these companies by buying their products are just kidding themselves. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 4:50 PM, Military Grade said:

In the winter of 2020 I couldn't be arsed to walk to the shop in the cold weather to buy cigarettes,

kind of similar to that :yep:

we lived on a farm, nearest shop was 5 miles away and closed, was midnight and I had one ciggy left, I smoked it and that was my last one ever, went from 40-60 a day to 0

For the first week every time I wanted a ciggy I'd smoke a neat spliff instead, had been smoking neat for years, but just then I was smoking a bit more lol

that was 2005, not smoked a ciggy since but even now I get the occasional craving

• Like 6

Imo keep chonging on the baccy bach otherwise if ya give up the baccy ewe be on the fat bastards diet....every fuka I know stopped smoking got fat as fuk lol  I smoke an oz of pueblo blue every 3 days ....I'm slim see 11 stone with my gummers on.  I can't be doing fat bastards :yes:  BTW I got the lungs of a 2 Yr old on the flat...lol   bore da :yep:

• Like 2

It's all fine til it ain't. Some people have lungs that can keep smoking til 90 without getting cancer.  It's not the norm though.

I took the temporary weight.  Working my way back down to normal steadily now.

Enjoy life however you want to, but when you know you need to give up, you know.

11 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I was lucky and just stopped. The less I thought about it the easier it got. Replacing these government approved, highly addictive nicotine bronchiole clogging idiot sticks with something else is just gonna exacerbate the issue of quitting. 

People who support these companies by buying their products are just kidding themselves. 

Typically it helps people quit, who, like me tried a lot of times cold turkey and failed.  It's not for everyone though.  My in laws are still chewing nicotine gum 15 years after quitting the ciggies.  They haven't gone back to smoking though.

It took me 8 years on nicotine replacement, but now I am free. Everybody is different, but everyone is better off with a replacement than the fags they are replacing, even if they nev

• Like 2

I gave up putting baccy in my joints after my friend had a heart attack. After years of trying and failing it was like a switch flicked in my head and i just went "fuck that, im done". 8 Years now baccy free. One of the best things i ever did.

I really struggled with pure joints at first. What helped for me was using flavoured skins for a while, the flavours kinda helped make up for the missing baccy element. I think flavoured skins are awful now. :puke:

I eventually switched to vaping and never fancy a joint anymore. Its rough at first but if you commit to it there is light at the end of the tunnel. Your brain will use all sorts of tricks to try to get you back on the baccy. You have to remember that and fight the urge to give in to the fucker.

Edited by Strawberry Fields
  • Like 4

quitting baccy was the best thing i did, takes a while to convert from joints to blunts, seem to be missing "that hit"

takes longer to convert from joints and blunts (combusting) to vaping but once u do, combusting tastes like shite.

• Like 2

On 14/11/2023 at 0:01 AM, Crow River said:

Sounds like a plan! :yep:

I would also add, that the weed left over from vaping can be re-used in edibles. That's what I do. I usually vape around 185ºC, then empty out the bowl or capsule into a tin. That in turn gets emptied once a week into a Kilner jar. Once I have enough AVB (already vaped bud) I make a batch of infused coconut oil. Get stoned twice using the same herb! :D Give it a try...

You are the future of sustainability!!!!!

• Like 1

On 14/11/2023 at 10:48 PM, Joolz said:

For the first week every time I wanted a ciggy I'd smoke a neat spliff instead, had been smoking neat for years, but just then I was smoking a bit more lol

I stupidly told the woman at the nhs stop smoking clinic this, the look of horror on her face lol tried to get me to go to drug rehab.

• Like 5

On 14/11/2023 at 9:20 PM, Amnesialocal said:

I was thinking on these champix ( which actually doesn't exist anymore) or similar inhibitor of nicotine receptors.

It worked fenomenal with me every time I stop smoking ( for 2-3 years included)...but of course stop smoking everything.

And of course after max 3 years I back to it because I missed a joint :(....

I would like to achieve to satisfy my need for medicine without the use of tobacco.

Someone suggest me to try pure joints, which I did and I agree is amazing both teste and effect...and easy not thinking about cigarettes.

Eating instead of smoking is the best in my opinion and could be extremely well done if perfectly dosed and prepared... ( I really liked this option)....but I am sure I will miss some smoke.

I really appreciated all your comments and advises...I will try to do good use of them.

Hi mate I've stopped smoking tobacco for 5 years just gone. 

Took me 2 years trying to give up but got there in the end. 

I used champix & it does work but I was a right horrible c#@t on them & didn't realise till I was told so stopped using them. 

Anyway I've just started smoking cannabis only (no tobacco) with a dynavap m+ analogue vaporizer & been loving it so far. Takes quite a bit of learning . It's well worth to take a look & don't cost hundreds of pounds. 

Believe it or not but I listened to allen car audio book on giving up smoking cigarettes over a week & never smoked a cigarette/tobacco since. 

Edited by 130RMORGA03
  • Like 2

Another vote for the Allan Carr book. I agree with everything @Keye says about it. It’s very repetitive but I think that’s the point. I couldn’t wait to finish the book and smoke that final cigarette. 

What happened to will power?

Just stop putting them in your mouth and lighting them,simples!

P.s

I smoked 20 b&h a day for 25 years and quitting smoking was a walk in the park compared to quitting alcohol!

The mighty is great out and about but the volcano is my go to at home.

• Like 4