I want stop smoking!! Help

Amnesialocal

I had to stop smoking due to throat cancer  ,  not had a smoke in time and miss a J  ,    i do find the butters / oils to be way more effective than having a smoke :yep:

I do mines in the old ninja cooker .  vac packed , no fuss / mess  or smell.        Very effective butter :yes:    

• Like 5

In the winter of 2020 I couldn't be arsed to walk to the shop in the cold weather to buy cigarettes, so I decided to start smoking blunts instead, I was using CBD flower as a tobacco replacement to bulk up my blunts. I love big blunts and can not lie lol

Fast forward to 2023 and I decided to quit smoking altogether and buy a electric dry herb vaporizer. And only smoked a tester small skin blunt of Chelato since.

Bear in mind I've owned a Dynavap combined with using a bong since 2017 and it wasn't enough to make me quit on it's own.  But i bought a Spirit by Storm and it scratches that smokers itch better than the Dynavape did.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, OldFord said:

I had to stop smoking due to throat cancer  ,  not had a smoke in time and miss a J  ,    i do find the butters / oils to be way more effective than having a smoke :yep:

I do mines in the old ninja cooker .  vac packed , no fuss / mess  or smell.        Very effective butter :yes:    

Any recipe to share? :)

• Like 1

Vape like Mighty + Crafty, Arizer are similar to Volcano but portable?

I remember I didn't like nothing the volcano balloon....not my cup of tea.

1 minute ago, Amnesialocal said:

Any recipe to share? :)

1 block of 200g unsalted butter of choice  and cube it    &  1 1/2 to 8oz of choice herb  / trim  ,       add all to the vac pack bag / finger mix and then vac seal.

Cook for 3 hrs , with a 1hr shake / massage / turn  every hour  .....3hrs later  strain and leave to cool ,  once cooled get it in the fridge :yep:

I turn my tub of butter every 3hrs in the fridge to get a good even set.     Job done :george:  

you can rerun by adding more butter and going for a 2nd cook ... works well.      

Then add butter or melted butter to whatever recipe you wish.   

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Eldo said:

@v12xjs anymore details of this mellow yellow stuff...does it taste/burn/smoke anything like a regular bacy joint?

Better to just grow your own CBD flower as a tobacco replacement if you want to smoke still, At least that way your whole joint will be weed :yep:

• Like 2

@Eldo  I hear ya mate, I only have two small tents myself.

When I would run out of my own CBD flower I would of course have to buy some online, what found is a lot of these alternative blends cost quite a bit, so I would rather buy CBD flower instead.

Kicking the smoking would be the best option but I know too well how hard it is to resist a lovely fat blunt as the end of a hard day lol, but I have been loving this electric dry herb vape I got recently that it has finally converted me after smoking weed for 25 years.

The electric dry herb vaporizers have come a long way since I first tried one about 20 years ago. It was one of them ones that looked like a glass jar upside down and had a metal plate on a rod in the middle, and a toking tube coming out of the base lol

I did try one of them Snoopdog ones my old dealer had about 8 years ago, I don't know if he didnt know how to set the right temps or something but when I tried it it was shite. Then he offered to to sell me it for £15 i was like na mate:thumbdown:

• Like 2

Hey Eldo, I've found the mellow yellow to be fine for rollups. It burns very evenly, tastes and smells a bit like generic weed and its smooth.
It looks like this:

large.mellowyellow.jpg

Up to now it's working better than I could have hoped in helping me ditch the nicotine addiction. Only a week in but really don't see an issue doing this for another week or 2.
I figure once that's done it should be so much easier to break the smoking habit.
I'm not binge eating either which is a bonus ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

1 block of 200g unsalted butter of choice  and cube it    &  1 1/2 to 8oz of choice herb  / trim  ,       add all to the vac pack bag / finger mix and then vac seal.

Cook for 3 hrs , with a 1hr shake / massage / turn  every hour  .....3hrs later  strain and leave to cool ,  once cooled get it in the fridge :yep:

I turn my tub of butter every 3hrs in the fridge to get a good even set.     Job done :george:  

you can rerun by adding more butter and going for a 2nd cook ... works well.      

Then add butter or melted butter to whatever recipe you wish.   

When I will have I will definitely try....on my recipes book!!!

Many thanks OldFord

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

The electric dry herb vaporizers have come a long way since I first tried one about 20 years ago. It was one of them ones that looked like a glass jar upside down and had a metal plate on a rod in the middle, and a toking tube coming out of the base lol

This was the one I first tried around the year 2000, except the base was blue not gray, I do remember it tasting very nice at the time, how I high it got me I have no idea as I was already high before I tried it, and soon as I tried it I rolled a joint. I was a teenager so that's the stupid kinda things we did lol

large.Screenshot_20231112_181633_Firefox.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 6

I've had a volcano for the last 16 years and only stopped smoking tobacco just over 2 years ago, before that I had a spliff while it was heating up and another after I was finished with it, so I know what you mean about doing stupid things @Military Gradelol

I stopped smoking after 20 years of spliffs all day everyday using the nicotine pouches you get in the garages, I started on the extra strong and working my way down and want to stop them altogether. My volcano is still my main vape at home although the crinkle of the bags does my nut in and have a pax for work and out and about.

The other thing I noticed with just vaping is I can't smoke even pure weed joints or bongs, any form of combustion just tastes like burning cardboard to me now :puke: 

I'm glad I'm not wasting my nice green with stinking tobacco anymore, wish I had done it years ago but you live and learn.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, v12xjs said:

Hey Eldo, I've found the mellow yellow to be fine for rollups. It burns very evenly, tastes and smells a bit like generic weed and its smooth.
It looks like this:

large.mellowyellow.jpg

Up to now it's working better than I could have hoped in helping me ditch the nicotine addiction. Only a week in but really don't see an issue doing this for another week or 2.
I figure once that's done it should be so much easier to break the smoking habit.
I'm not binge eating either which is a bonus ;)

Cheers dude will order a pouch or 2 to try

Stopped smoking tobacco more than 20 years ago. Basically it was ruining my health, I couldn't ride my bike up even a gradual slope without wheezing and coughing up phlegm. I started by cutting down the number of ciggies (mostly rollups) per day, gradually over about 6 months. Eventually I was only smoking one a day, and it was easy to give up. I think the smoking ban in pubs also helped, as a pint used to feel too "wet" without a fag to go along with it.....that knocked social smoking on the head, no fun standing out in the cold and rain just to puff on a cigarette.

I continued to smoke weed with tobacco, but not tobacco on its own. At dealer prices couldn't really afford smoking weed on its own. Then discovered dry herb vapes, and haven't looked back since. Now that I grow my own, I make edibles and extracts too. A teaspoon of infused coconut oil, chased with a couple of bowls in the vape, is a great way to get where I want to be. Maybe a couple of beers, cider or a couple of measures of brandy for a small multiplier effect too.

I don't think I'll ever go back to tobacco*. Can't seem to live without coffee and tea though... :) 

*- Except a very occasional cigar on a special occasion. I don't inhale cigar smoke...

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 5