I want stop smoking!! Help

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

I really would like stop smoking and just vape 420. In the past I tried vulcano but wasn't my cup of tea.

I really would like to stop joints and use in a more healthy way the cannabis.

Can someone advise or share experiences?

Is it possible for you stop joints and use only weed?

Thanks all

A

• Like 1

I had a Volcano for many years but didn't take to it either until a couple of months after I made the switch with a Dynavap Vapcap

That's why I usually say Vapcap in these situations

They're relatively inexpensive and the most spliff like vape I've tried ..... and if you don't like it you can always use it as a mini pipe too :fart: :yuck::bad:

There are a few larger similar style things now like the Anvil and Dani vapes and the upcoming Tempest but they're more money

Butane devices like the Sticky Bricks and Dreamwoods are also good (and cheap) vapes for people making the switch from smoking as you get instant feedback and vapour production and can go as close to combustion as you like 

Have you tried an ecig for the nicotine hit? 

• Like 1

It's just breaking the habit on the first day then it gets easier

I had a volcano bag at first every time I fancied a smoke and to be honest by the afternoon most days I was good for nothing but I wasn't smoking

Now after 15 months my main problem is buying vapes my weed consumption has now gone right down

It's not easy mate and you really need to want to do it yourself

I no longer keep myself awake wheezing 

Good luck be strong 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Can someone advise or share experiences?

I stopped smoking in July 2019 for medical reasons. Wasn't easy after decades of Marlboro, rollies, and spliffs. I used a combination of nicotine patches, Nicotinell mints, and liquid vapes. The latter proved/proves the most effective, and have been steadily reducing my nicotine consumption ever since. Even make up my own vape juice now, much cheaper.

8 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Is it possible for you stop joints and use only weed?

Most definitely ! Plenty of other members with far more experience than I on this subject, but I dived in at the deep end with a Storz & Bickel 'Mighty' after a recommendation from a good pal. I love it, but it ain't that stealthy. Plenty of smaller, cheaper dry herb vaporizors available, and loads of folk seem to rate the Dynavap products. Might be worth checking out one of the site sponsors, Vapefiend ?

Good luck...:yep:

Edited by Zipster

I've been having the same problem. A smoker for almost 50 years with no desire to quit weed, but a desperate need to quit tobacco.
I recently bought 2 packs of a hemp flavoured smoking mix called mellow yellow and started using that exactly 1 week ago instead of baccy.
I smoked quite a lot of it in cigs and spliffs the first 2 or 3 days but since then it has reduced considerably. I no longer crave a smoke as soon as I wake up.

I find it has also helped me to appreciate the high from a vape because there is no nicotine high associated with this mellow yellow stuff, so I have to wait for my high to come on the same as a vape or edibles.
So far it seems to be working for me.
Hope you are able to stop, however you manage to do it. GL.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

I had a Volcano for many years but didn't take to it either until a couple of months after I made the switch with a Dynavap Vapcap

That's why I usually say Vapcap in these situations

They're relatively inexpensive and the most spliff like vape I've tried ..... and if you don't like it you can always use it as a mini pipe too :fart: :yuck::bad:

There are a few larger similar style things now like the Anvil and Dani vapes and the upcoming Tempest but they're more money

Butane devices like the Sticky Bricks and Dreamwoods are also good (and cheap) vapes for people making the switch from smoking as you get instant feedback and vapour production and can go as close to combustion as you like 

Have you tried an ecig for the nicotine hit? 

Many thanks all for the advises.

I will definitely have a look at the vape.

Unfortunately for me tobacco is directly linked to smoking...and although I achieved stop smoking for years also, when i back craving for 420 I ended up smoking cigarettes:(

Will investigate all the products you suggested and I will back to you:)

Many thanks

• Like 1

Maybe first just try smoking weed pure, that's what I did. After a few years I stopped that when I bought the Volcano, now I can't smoke anything, it's gross. 

Just a heads up if you go for a mighty, they seem to eat weed like no other vape I've tried. Still love it though:stoned:

You can connect a bong to a vape, but bonging on its own is pretty brutal. 

• Like 2

I smoked spliffs of dope and tobacco for 30+ years. I got sick to death of the harm it was causing and the fact that I had decided I wouldn't smoke cigarettes anymore meant the addiction was driving me to smoke 8 - 12 spliffs a day, which I found was impossible to do and maintain the life I wanted to. So...

I moved to a nicotine vape for the addiction and a dry herb vape (Arizer Extreme Q) for the weed.

It took me 5 years of doing that before I realised I wanted to drop the nicotine vape off because of the damage the other vape ingredients *MIGHT* be doing to my lungs.

I moved to nictoine lozenges / gum for 3 years and carried on with dry herb vape.  When I felt able I dropped down from 4mg lozenges to 2mg lozenges, then half a lozenge at a time.  After those 3 years, I realised that the half lozenges were doing nothing, so I dropped them out entirely.  I have since continued with the dry herb vape.

I still feel like I did the day I stopped smoking.  The difference is, every time I feel like a smoke, the feeling drops off almost entirely within a few seconds.  I look forward to my vape at the end of the night and that totally satisfies me.

My smokers cough has gone, the feeling of tiredness has gone and I feel great for it.  Very best of luck.  You WILL win. :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

Food or capsules? 

Just make cannabutter/coconut oil with your weed and then how you choose to consume it is up to you :D 

You could make a biscuit dough and keep it in the freezer in slices/portions,

defrost on some baking paper on a metal tray,

then into the oven and you got yourself a couple of fresh cookies anytime you want.

There’s loads of ways to combine cannabis with a fat and introduce it into your diet,

or as you mentioned you could fill some capsules.

Good luck with your mission :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brysee said:

Now after 15 months my main problem is buying vapes my weed consumption has now gone right down

Beware of the VAS

They multiply like Tribbles lol

I nearly forgot to say there should be some good Black Friday deals in the next week or 2 

The Black Friday and 4/20 sales are usually the cheapest times of year to buy vapes 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Just make cannabutter/coconut oil with your weed and then how you choose to consume it is up to you :D 

You could make a biscuit dough and keep it in the freezer in slices/portions,

defrost on some baking paper on a metal tray,

then into the oven and you got yourself a couple of fresh cookies anytime you want.

There’s loads of ways to combine cannabis with a fat and introduce it into your diet,

or as you mentioned you could fill some capsules.

Good luck with your mission :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

It seems very nice

• Like 1