I want stop smoking!! Help

Amnesialocal

Continuing to smoke weed while I stopped smoking fags and tobacco/weed joints was one of the things that really highlighted the difference and how my brain was cheating itself to get a nicotine hit.

Stopping your nicotine addiction is how you need to frame it - you can continue to smoke weed joints if a Volcano or vape isn't your thing. Once you've broken your nicotine addiction, you won't feel the 'need' for a joint in the way you may feel it now. I think you'll probably enjoy weed a lot more.

I stopped nicotine 15 or 20 years ago now. One of the best things I've done.

• Like 9

@Keye  I can 100% relate to that mate, I would only have one blunt a day most days, and some days I'd forget to consume any weed lol

When I was still using cigarette in my joints I would be smoking a joint every 2hrs or so because I'd have a craving for nicotine but my mind was tricked into thinking I needed weed, getting high was just a bonus lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crow River said:

At dealer prices couldn't really afford smoking weed on its own

A lad off here told me to go pure to cut down, I thought it was ridiculous but I gave it a go and after a couple of weeks my consumption had dropped loads as I wasn't chasing a nicotine hit. If I'd have known that when I was buying weed I reckon I'd be loaded now lol

Edited by KC
oh thanks jiffa for the advice :)
  • Like 5

Just roll a smaller joint. All you're doing is taking tobacco out, not adding more weed in. But if you did add weed, you'd probably find you wouldn't smoke the whole thing.

'Smoking' isn't a problem. Smoking tobacco for a nicotine hit is what is happening. Your brain will do anything to trick you in to consuming nicotine. It'll tell you cigarettes taste good after a meal, or that you deserve one, or that it'll 'calm you down', or that you can't smoke weed without it, or you can't get high without it, or you can't afford to smoke pure weed.

Nicotine raises your baseline anxiety level. When you smoke a cigarette and it calms you down, that's the level of calm all non-nicotine-addicted folk have as their baseline. Nicotine is a fucking bitch of a whore to be a slave to. It's sneaky as fuck and even when you know, it will do it in front of you, fully conscious. It's a big step to move away from it.

Do it. Weed with tobacco is nasty. Pure weed high is like glass compared. 

• Like 5

The other good thing about fucking off the tobacco is that if you have to go without, you don't have the nuttery that goes with nicotine withdrawal and weed free sleep (for heavy users). Doing without weed for a less heavy user is just meh, doing without ciggies as well is a bastard of sleepless irritable smacky crap.

• Like 4

Many thanks all for your advises and comments, which are very much appreciated.

I guess I will give a try to mighty which a good friend is selling second hand and in perfect working conditions.

And I will start trying to vape and reduce tobacco and also see if I can reduce cigarettes.

Maybe this is the right time:)

• Like 5

Good luck mate be strong and give mighty a proper good go because at first it may leave you frustrated

Give it half hour and your be like higher than normal 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brysee said:

Good luck mate be strong and give mighty a proper good go because at first it may leave you frustrated

Give it half hour and your be like higher than normal 

Thanks Brysee,

Can you please clarify or advise some tips in temperature,settings or I don't know:)

• Like 1

My recommendation is to vape at 196C if you want to get a full fat thwack without any smoke.  Going higher will give you more throat feel, but you'll be getting closer to full on combustion.

If you like vaping in fractions, you can have a blast at 170C, one at 186C and then at 196C to finish off.

I use an Arizer Extreme Q and fill bags at those temperatures.  2 @ 196C, or 1@ each of the three temperatures above.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MidgeSmith said:

My recommendation is to vape at 196C if you want to get a full fat thwack without any smoke.  Going higher will give you more throat feel, but you'll be getting closer to full on combustion.

If you like vaping in fractions, you can have a blast at 170C, one at 186C and then at 196C to finish off.

I use an Arizer Extreme Q and fill bags at those temperatures.  2 @ 196C, or 1@ each of the three temperatures above.

Thanks Midge!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Many thanks all for your advises and comments, which are very much appreciated.

I guess I will give a try to mighty which a good friend is selling second hand and in perfect working conditions.

And I will start trying to vape and reduce tobacco and also see if I can reduce cigarettes.

Maybe this is the right time:)

Sounds like a plan! :yep:

I would also add, that the weed left over from vaping can be re-used in edibles. That's what I do. I usually vape around 185ºC, then empty out the bowl or capsule into a tin. That in turn gets emptied once a week into a Kilner jar. Once I have enough AVB (already vaped bud) I make a batch of infused coconut oil. Get stoned twice using the same herb! :D Give it a try...

• Like 4

I just completely stopped tobacco one morning and was vaping at high temperatures because it felt more like smoking I think I used about 200 to 210 on mighty and 200 on volcano

Now I start about 180 and sometimes only get to 190

But I do still seem to go higher when I have had a beer 

No science behind it but it worked for me

• Like 3

Honestly, I don't think vaping is going to do it @Amnesialocal. If you roll a pure weed spliff, smoke it to get stoned and then smoke a cigarette separately; don't deny yourself the nicotine at first, you will see how far apart smoking a joint and smoking a cigarette is. It really isn't the act of smoking. All the rituals, the comforting normals, all of that is nothing to do with the actual smoking, it's all part of your brain convincing you to injest nicotine. It doesn't care how it gets it, it will say anything to you. All of the rolling of the joints, the chair you sit in, the tray you use, the roach tool you use, all the schedule is all built around getting nicotine. Once that need has gone, the rest dissolves away and you're free to do what you want when you want.

I don't read self help books and I don't go around recommending books I've read to people and I don't like using the word but. But, (this sounds really lame now I've written it out) for the cost of a pack of cigarettes, I wholly recommend Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. If you honestly truly, to yourself truly, want to give up, you can't really go wrong. There's nothing to lose but the cost of a book. Don't download it, get the actual printed book and sit down with it and a cigarette in your hands. Myself and others very close to me have used it to stop smoking. I thought it was bollocks and watched someone I know read it and stop, so I sneakily started reading it when they weren't around because "Aint no self help book gonna tell me nuffin I already know!" type of arrogance. And it worked. It sounds stupid and in some way it is.

The book is badly written, he's not a story teller. It's full of stuff you already know. It's almost condescending in places because deep down, you do already know. When the bell chimes, you've heard it before but in the book, you're given the path out of it, after you put the cigarettes down. As you read through the book, you're given the tools to deal with that chemical addiction to stop the act of smoking and then the understanding and tools to deal with the nicotine addiction thereafter. You don't have to stop smoking to read the book. It's actually encouraged in the book that you actively smoke while reading. And that hits hard in a couple of chapters. There's no guilt, really, other than the lies you tell yourself. There's no 'Do it for your kids' type stuff. It's all, 'This is you, here are the tools'. And that's the difference; normally you're bashed with 'STOP SMOKING, it's bad and your arteries and the NHS!'. And then nothing other than 'suck it up for as long as you can'. This is actually HOW to do it, rather than a sign telling you TO do it.

You have to read the whole book.

Not only did I put down cigarettes, I broke the nicotine addiction, which is what it is. Stopping smoking isn't enough, you have to break the nicotine addiction. That's why people who stop smoking very often drop back to it, or they walk behind people smoking and can't stand it, or become hardcore smoke-haters, to push themselves away from it. It's all trying to suppress nicotine addiction, despite not smoking for years perhaps, they still 'want' a cigarette. People who just have one a week, after work on a Friday afternoon, "No, I'm not addicted, I only have one a week." I have non of that at all. I never ever crave a fag, ever. Literally just shat it out my ass and flushed the addiction away. I can be around people that smoke and it doesn't fuel a monkey on my shoulder, I can smell tobacco and cigars with no issue.

Sometimes I'll see an old photo and there's an ashtray in the shot and I always jump a bit and go 'oh yeah, I used to smoke fags'.

I don't want to talk down to anyone so I'll get off the box now. If you don't real self help books, like me, don't laugh too hard at this one.

• Like 5

I found the ritual of joint rolling to be the hardest thing to give up. The cigarettes were easy enough (been free of them for 21 years this year) but the desire to roll joints took a long time to completely disappear. I used to enjoy the process, I saw it as building a little sacrifice to the Canna God to be burned and inhaled with a cup of tea. I use a pipe and bong now and contrary to popular belief, neither are harsh. A smooth smoke can be had out of these devices if they are used correctly.

• Like 6