I want stop smoking!! Help

Amnesialocal

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

Do you get high the same that smoking joints?

You asking about dry herb vapes?

If so depends on the device and how you use them, My Dynavape when use correctly can extract the product in one big hit like hiting a bong, but my spirit vape is more of a slower extraction made more session's.

Only upto 10% of the smoke you inhale contains cannabinoids and terpenes (if smoked pure), where as with dry herb vape upto 95% of the vapor contains cannabinoids and terpenes 👍

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

Spliffs and blunts are the same correct?

A spliff is a rolling paper tobacco and weed

A joint is rolling paper/non tobacco wrap with pure weed no tobacco

A blunt is pure weed in a tobacco leaf/tobacco wrap product

I say blunt but technically i should say joint as i used hemp non tobacco alternative wraps, but when most people in the UK say joint they mean a spliff with tobacco, so i say blunt to avoid more confusion lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Thanks 1

If I want to get really stoned its edibles all the way 

I cook a lot with infused olive oil and coconut butter 

but vaping nicely takes the edge off the days troubles 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

That's so true lol

I tried a small skin pure of Chelato and it tasted awful and thought the same as you did, yet the same weed in my vape taste lovely.

It's mad ain't it mate, just shows its the combustion that makes it taste so foul.

Seriously don't know how I did it

• Like 3

Still struggling on with it myself. Love my crafty, but it doesn't seem to have the same ritualistic vibe to it as rolling a fat one. Seems a bit soulless. That said I love seeing the looks on folks faces when they actually get to taste the bud.... 

• Like 1

I bought a volcano november 2020 because 25 years of spliffs had left my lungs feeling battered, the amount of baccy I was using was low but there comes a time when enough is enough,  I really couldnt taste much of anything any more so there wasnt much to miss. It took a long time for my brain to fully adjust to the difference but my desire to feel healthier drove me through and after 6 months I knew  I would never smoke again.

As of now my chest feels pretty good and vaping is as normal as smoking was before, took a long time for my taste buds to fire up though. I advise anyone who wants to move to vaping not to waste too much time hanging on to smoking, it just makes it harder.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Idicanna jones said:

Still struggling on with it myself. Love my crafty, but it doesn't seem to have the same ritualistic vibe to it as rolling a fat one. Seems a bit soulless. That said I love seeing the looks on folks faces when they actually get to taste the bud.... 

But a part of the ritual, do you find the high of vape as good as the one with spiff? Or joint ot blunt?

In joint I guess I don't care about the ritual, but the combustion makes a big difference and the spliff even more.

My issue with mighty is not getting high as I would like... A part that I am spending already 30min minimum to smoke a joint and with vape the equivalent would be at leat 2 capsule...so easy 45-1 hour to smoke.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Military Grade said:

A spliff is a rolling paper tobacco and weed

A joint is rolling paper/non tobacco wrap with pure weed no tobacco

A blunt is pure weed in a tobacco leaf/tobacco wrap product

I say blunt but technically i should say joint as i used hemp non tobacco alternative wraps, but when most people in the UK say joint they mean a spliff with tobacco, so i say blunt to avoid more confusion lol

Smoking weed with masmellow is considered joint?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, splifi said:

If I want to get really stoned its edibles all the way 

I cook a lot with infused olive oil and coconut butter 

but vaping nicely takes the edge off the days troubles 

That's the way I am aware....but firstly my experience with editable (drinkable more than editable) has been a bit truebled in the past ...

Secondly I am still not in condition to produce some extra to test and try and I am concern to fuck up part if not all learning how to produce them.

Don't you get fat with all that coconut oil? :)

• Haha 2

It takes time to learn how to vape you need to look at it as a completely different thing to smoking

i enjoy loading my chamber filling my bag then enjoying it wherever I used to enjoy my joint step,man cave,garden,wherever 

I smoked 35 years every roll up had weed in it one morning enough was enough another night wheezing all night

just gave up and cracked on with mighty which I had had for a few years was hard then volcano saved me like I say choose my weed load my chamber fill my bag and go sit in the same place I used to smoke

not had tobacco for 21 months now I’m 53 and more stoned tan I ever been and no wheezing thank fuck

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

My issue with mighty is not getting high as I would like... A part that I am spending already 30min minimum to smoke a joint and with vape the equivalent would be at leat 2 capsule...so easy 45-1 hour to smoke.

I suspect the thing you are missing is the soaring heart-banging effect of nicotine as you get high. I had that for a while.

You literally can't get higher with tobacco than without.  You *can* have more oxygen deprivation, you can have more nicotine racing, but you can't get higher than you do vaping pure weed. You can't get more drunk than drinking pure alcohol, though if you are used to having codeine at the same time as beer, drinking vodka won't feel the same.

Tobacco burning ablates a lot of the THC, so you don't get as much THC absorption.  It destroys other cannabinoids in greater quantities than vaping, so you'd have less of an entourage effect.

The way I gave up was chewing 4mg nicotine gum  / sucking 4mg of nicotine lozenges for a while.  If you time it right, you can get awash with nicotine as you a going up the cannabis ramp and maybe you will feel somewhat similar to how you do with spliffs.  The missing ingredient will be that you will be breathing more oxygen, so you might not feel as gouched.

Is it worth giving that a try perhaps?

p.s. I've been getting fat on coconut oil, but in my curries :)

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

@Brysee I did a similar thing, I used to go out a for a walk to smoke my daily blunts, now i do the same walk once or twice a day but vape instead. Doing the activities you did while smoking but with a vape instead helps with the transition👍

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

That's the way I am aware....but firstly my experience with editable (drinkable more than editable) has been a bit truebled in the past ...

Secondly I am still not in condition to produce some extra to test and try and I am concern to fuck up part if not all learning how to produce them.

Don't you get fat with all that coconut oil? :)

No I don't get fat 🙂

I am one of the lucky people who do not put weight on plus you don't kneed a lot 

The olive oil I put over food like salad and pasta the coconut is good in curry and cakes.

I vape my weed at 380 to get a decent hit and still some nice flavours  so some of the good bit are still left in the vape poo

Sometimes  I  collect it for a week then throw that in the slow cooker with coconut butter leave it a good few hours and this is my sleeping weed other times I just put un vaped weed in and that is off my tits time.

Edited by splifi
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Brysee said:

I used to smoke

not had tobacco for 21 months now I’m 53 and more stoned tan I ever been and no wheezing thank fuck

This makes my day happy:) thanks!

2 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

The way I gave up was chewing 4mg nicotine gum  / sucking 4mg of nicotine lozenges for a while.

I Started with parches ....but  🤔 ...champix was the best for me...anyway....yes I will give a try

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Doing the activities you did while smoking but with a vape instead helps with the transition👍

Great advise!!!

1 hour ago, splifi said:

Sometimes  I  collect it for a week then throw that in the slow cooker with coconut butter leave it a good few hours and this is my sleeping weed other times I just put un vaped weed in and that is off my tits time.

Got it! I need to try this.... Sounds perfect for sleep.

Many thanks all for the support, advises and tips. All very much appreciated.

I will familiarise more with vape ( still coughing) and I hope soon to quit nicotine of any sort and enjoy better the weed effect!!! I have a liver Bx1 to try and writing the text under vape mephisto wedding....it buzz it :)

• Like 3