Monster outdoor strains

Crow River

How does this anchor work?

Do u just tie the plant main stem to it or is it for something different like letting the roots travel down around it deeper.

59 minutes ago, stayup4ever said:

@Crow River cant search properly when on mobile mate.

back on laptop now.

found his auto guide.

That's a really handy thread that. I like the two-pot sleeve transplant idea. I certainly had a few early plant out autos stunted this year, because May was so cold and wet!

I like his drawing of an anchor system against the wind. Similar to the "guy ropes" idea, using stakes to hold the ropes... Something I'll need to think about, as I had a few larger girls leaning over at jaunty angles this year, not particularly windy either.

Edited by Crow River

12 minutes ago, Revive said:

My advice would do be to just grow some big ass bushes, 6/7 feet high and just as wide..getting out early with happy plants that are moving just with LST you could create some manageable monsters.. you wont get caught out as much later in the season with all the maintenance and supports either and will still yield large amounts.. if your intent on growing big ass trees then id drive a lenth of 2x2in about 3 foot in the ground as a main anchor point when digging and prepping the plot..its not so bad if its windy when dry but as soon as the soil get saturated guy ropes won't save you dude..

Yeah, I hear you and it's probably what I'll end up doing. Going for girth rather than height. The soil at the bramble plot is super sandy, difficult to get anything to stand upright in it! I read somewhere else about pre-growing the plants as big as practical, dig a hole 3 feet deep and the same wide, then burying the roots 2 feet below the top of the soil, leaving just 2 or 3 branches above. Strip leaves off lowers then backfill, the nodes produce roots but the tap root and main existing root ball is good and deep. Something I might try to build a really big root system.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

Just now, B-real said:

How does this anchor work?

Do u just tie the plant main stem to it or is it for something different like letting the roots travel down around it deeper.

Just for the main stem B

You only need about 4 foot sticking out the ground to anchor the base of the plant..big trees need a bit of movement above so they sway in the wind, if there too rigid theres more chance of them just snapping as the wind hits them..you want them to move about a bit anyway to keep the air around them later in flower..

I'd dig the holes deeper than needed put some rocks and stuff around the 2x2 then back fill as you would. It will soon become quite compact over time and the rocks will help stop the timber moving through the ground when saturated. 

That would be my approach to create a good solid anchor point for a big ass tree :)

• Like 1

Looking also at KC Brains' Leda Uno. Anyone grown this out? Seems like it has monster buds, but not so bushy, more lanky if you get the Sativa dom pheno...

• Like 1