Monster outdoor strains

Crow River

Just now, Crow River said:

@DutchFox, yep. That's why I'll be digging a "pond" at the bramble plot to collect water...

Why dig when you can use a perfectly good paddling pool.

large.IMG_20230327_163757_980.jpglarge.IMG_20230327_170232_871.jpg

• Like 5

got 1 filling like this one.. now on a x-treme hard to get to plot... ( without water source ) 

capacity 6000 liter.... paid 30 euro 2nd hand,,,

in 6 weeks i have already some 1200 liter.... :)  wettest month ever here...since 1906....

intex zwembad

ofcouse in camo...  :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Nice! How did you stop it from blowing away? Chuck a few bricks in there?

Yeah a few rocks.

Tbh once it was blown up and had the tarp over it it was heavy enough to stay where it was. Can't hurt using weights or tying it down though.

• Like 2

Production maximale de cannabis en extérieur- Alchimia Grow Shop

in california they grow monster plants legal....but even there....they are limited in plants because of not having enough rainwater in their water buffers from year round....

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

Production maximale de cannabis en extérieur- Alchimia Grow Shop

in california they grow monster plants legal....but even there....they are limited in plants because of not having enough rainwater in their water buffers from year round....

Do they veg them indoors for months before putting them out at the start of the season?

I reckon any photoperiod strain has the potential to become extremely big if you give it a big enough pot

But my opinion is strains with Sativa influence will always be the biggest due to the massive preflower stretch that sativas do

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Underdog said:

Do they veg them indoors for months before putting them out at the start of the season?

im not sure....but San Fransisco is 37 N....so about same as middle Spain....

They have to use x-treme big pots there since area is rocky and the landowners only allowed to use rain water off their own land. so no water from rivers or tanklorries from else where.

plants are up to each  5 kilo dry there... so i would pregrow them and select the best... :) 

• Like 4

@Crow River can I ask why you want to grow big tall ass plants?

Having grown a few big plants over the years I can honestly say there a pain in the arse and very hard to maintain bro..Once the novelty wears off and you realise how much work goes into managing them you will no doubt wish they was much smaller.

Its no fun trying to join 8 feet cains together as supports and when those winds come and they will in soft wet ground its very difficult to keep them upright..checking ripeness of the top buds is impossible and same goes when checking them for rot..all pitfalls you dont want to have when getting into the back end of a season..I see no benefit to growing plants that size and i can honestly say it was just not worth the efforts.. just my 2p brother.

I think your better off with a 6 foot odd  bush that can be managed much easier and yield the same amount.

I do agree with a few of the other members most full term photos will get huge in favourable ground as long as they get plenty of veg time and some decent weather..

Say no to trees, big bushes for the win :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 4

Will i ever get to see them again mr @panik sir. lol

My first year outside GG i didn't have a clue ordered some RGS outdoor beans as u do like and ended up with ALMOST 10fter's. lol

Plants were GG#5 x Freezeland fecking huge things but rot free and a bloody lovely smoke please bring em back dude.

large.DSCN2338.JPGlarge.DSCN2516.JPGlarge.DSCN2607.JPGlarge.DSCN2678.JPGlarge.DSCN2731.JPGlarge.DSCN2805.JPGlarge.DSCN2903.JPGlarge.DSCN2907.JPGlarge.DSCN2909.JPGlarge.DSCN2957.JPGlarge.DSCN2959.JPGlarge.DSCN2962.JPGlarge.DSCN2963.JPGlarge.DSCN2970.JPG

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Revive said:

can I ask why you want to grow big tall ass plants?

Oh I dunno. It's an experiment. Novelty, challenge, trying something a bit different. Just want to see what's possible, learn some things. Could end up a mouldfest, split stems, plants falling over, who knows. Fancy giving it a go though.

It's either this, or leave one plot fallow for a year. Because I don't need the herb, that's for sure! lol 

If I can pull it off, then I'll go back to a more "normal" approach afterwards.

when those winds come and they will in soft wet ground its very difficult to keep them upright.

Yeah, that would be the main worry. But I have some ideas on how to support them, been doing a bit of reading on the topic. 

Apart from anything else, this project gives me the excuse to properly dig over and prepare the bramble plot with various amendments. Hopefully should leave things in a better state for subsequent grows.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2