Monster outdoor strains

Crow River

Tie the main tip down north and watch the sides grow up 4 sides and main will give 10 top buds and you can prune of lower branches to give maximum nutes distribution to the tops .

@B-real, sounds like a plan. :yep:

I might leaves some lower buds, because perhaps if I get these plants to harvest successfully, I can cut them down to size, leave a few small bits below and maybe, just maybe, the massive root systems will mean they regenerate the following spring? Then I won't have to plant anything for that plot... lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crow River said:

Because I don't need the herb, that's for sure! lol 

There's only so much bud 1 man can consume and when you get busy out in the wild it doesn't take long for it to start backing up :) welcome to the club :yep:

Don't get me wrong its great fun growing trees,  sitting underneath them on a warm summers eve with a banger is priceless but it really does soon become a right ball ache dude and the game us gard enough imo

Its a whole lot of fun still and thats what is all about crow :skin_up:

Be lucky brother :yinyang:

• Like 2

Was another thread on here member from Canada I think..all the info you need to get maximum yield from plot size n soil have to have a search init or just learn from mistakes which have been made before . No point havin a monster if its gonna rot tho ..looking forward to seeing the beasts next season :toot:

• Like 1

It's been great to see so much interest in this topic. Quite a few folk advising against growing big plants, and I take on board the comments. I suppose the opposite philosophy is growing lots of smaller plants, and in a way that's what I did this year, still got 14 late plant outs in the wild! lol I'll still be doing something similar next season along the railway, with wee autos, semi-autos and the like.

The monster thing is really just to see if it can be done at my location and latitude. Will probably bend tops over to manage height a bit, better for security if nothing else. Also looking at techniques to brace big bushy girls against the wind, the "guy rope" way looks appealing to me. That and probably a tree stake for each plant, will hopefully mean they don't topple over. Then if it gets that far, opening up the plants to get airflow going may be required to reduce the likelihood of rot. 

At the end of he day, if it all ends up flat on its arse no big deal, I'll have learnt some stuff the hard way. As long as I still have my liberty, and no fucker (except Mama Nature) has stolen my crop, it's all good.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, stayup4ever said:

Was another thread on here member from Canada I think.

Struggled to find that, any keywords I can try in the search?

• Like 1

Just now, Crow River said:

Struggled to find that, any keywords I can try in the search?

It might be member gb1 crow

I know he grew some big ass plants cant remember the title of the thread now but if I remember it was how to get ?? In weight off of ?? Amount of plants..

Can't remember the figures.

Could have been him :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Revive said:

Thats it dude :yep:

Very impressive. Garden grow though. Legal state too. 

Some good ideas there like the trellising. But there's a big difference between nipping into the back yard in your flip flops to pinch tops out every day, water with a hose, etc. and vaulting over walls and fences to an illegal grow spot on waste land every few weeks! lol 

I need to think about how to grow big beasts in our shitty weather and conditions. Also I'm 13 degrees of latitude further north than Toronto. His grow is in the equivalent of southern France, Dalmatia, or the southern Danube flood plains. Very different climate, flowering will start a lot earlier due to longer hours of darkness in summer.

I'm a similar latitude to parts of Jutland, Southern Sweden, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Moscow, Kamchatka, Alaska and Hudson Bay! :rolleyes: Bit warmer here due to Gulf Stream, but wetter too...

On the other hand, this year I had some six footers despite planting out in June/July, relatively little soil prep and wet, cool summer. Wasn't supposed to go so late but lost my original plot. So maybe with better soil, late May/early June start, can get a few bigger girls. 

We shall see...

• Like 1

Looking at it in more detail, Toronto area is actually wetter than where I am. :g:Especially in summer. But the average minimum (night time) temperature in summer is the same as the average maximum here! lol 

So hopefully the strains I grow are alright with cooler temperatures and a bit less rain. Though TBF this particular summer they got plenty of rain...

Yeah @Crow River it certainly isn't the same when growing in the wild.. in the garden with it being a legal state too you can get creative and everything you need is on tap literally.. 

Of course there's so many factors to consider and these will all play a part in just how big the girls actually get..you couldpick all the monster strains and if they don't take off you could still be left with average size plants..

My advice would do be to just grow some big ass bushes, 6/7 feet high and just as wide..getting out early with happy plants that are moving just with LST you could create some manageable monsters.. you wont get caught out as much later in the season with all the maintenance and supports either and will still yield large amounts.. if your intent on growing big ass trees then id drive a lenth of 2x2in about 3 foot in the ground as a main anchor point when digging and prepping the plot..its not so bad if its windy when dry but as soon as the soil get saturated guy ropes won't save you dude.. you don't need many 10 oz plants to achieve self sufficiency imo brother :yep:

• Like 1