Dutch Passion White Widow Hempy

sroporilshoot

I haven't done a diary for ages so, here we go!

My mate started this off for me (very lucky I know) and handed it over after 40 days above ground, he's some birthing master lol.

Anywez it's now in my 0.75m house of tropical delight, basking at the moment under 150w of led sunshine. Very simple hempy grow, one part Ionic Nutes (whatever happened to the Ionic nutes calculator?)  Feeding at an EC of 1.2 and a Ph of 5.9-6.2.  Presently on 18/6 and looking to root the bucket out then, in to larger pot.  The larger pot was great on the last grow, only needing to feed every 3 or 4 days, Perlite res and 3:1 perlite/vermiculite mix.  She was topped a couple of weeks ago, and last night I started the lst. 

Temps have been steady at27c-30c, humidity around 70%, controllers in place for temp/fan. The grows in an attached garage, fingers crossed she's grown and gone b4 Xmas.

Having all sorts of problems uploading pics...been okay before?

• Like 6

could almost be a pic of my little setup...even the same bucket. I'm running a macmuffin 4+ weeks into flower and the place is crammed, good luck with the widow...a lovely xmas smoke/vape

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, babybloomer said:

could almost be a pic of my little setup...even the same bucket. I'm running a macmuffin 4+ weeks into flower and the place is crammed, good luck with the widow...a lovely xmas smoke/vape

Cheers Man...I hope it's better than the sweepings I got in the Bulldog the other week lol

• Like 2

I've run 3-4 iterations of white widow and generally been disappointed, not necessarily bad weed, just not widow...best for me so far was widowXGG4. Still not exactly what I was after but a very nice smoke/vape.

• Like 1

Also, do you start from seed in bucket? I used to transplant/pot-up in hempies but just pop seed in final now and 7-8 weeks later a tree is born...such a simple method.

2 hours ago, babybloomer said:

I've run 3-4 iterations of white widow and generally been disappointed, not necessarily bad weed, just not widow...best

Sadly this is true. Dutch Passion is just a white label seed reseller now, a shadow of their former selves. Old Widow '90s from Old School Genetics is worth a look if you're trying to find Widow.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, babybloomer said:

Also, do you start from seed in bucket? I used to transplant/pot-up in hempies but just pop seed in final now and 7-8 weeks later a tree is born...such a simple method.

Cheers...No it'll be potted up twice. I tried it straight into the final pot before but, ended up with the media sodden. 

• Like 2

On 28/09/2023 at 0:13 PM, latigid aikon said:

Sadly this is true. Dutch Passion is just a white label seed reseller now, a shadow of their former selves. Old Widow '90s from Old School Genetics is worth a look if you're trying to find Widow.

Yes I remember being in Holland around that time...unmistakeable aroma for sure.  I'm just curious to see what it's like, a decent smoke would be a winner,

• Like 2

I did 2 OSG white widows and they were near identical but nothing at all like widow. None of the ones I've tried have been tbf. You can still get some lovely weed though. 

I always find its a bad idea getting your hopes up. 

• Like 3

large.651890bbd1017_30_091.jpglarge.651890b6da5e7_30_092.jpglarge.651890aee7a3b_30_093.jpg

Some job to get pics uploaded, managed to upload to the gallery okay but, wouldn't upload to the thread from my pc. Tried Opera, M.S Edge & Firefox. In the end I had to upload to the thread from my phone...never used to be like this!

Edited by sroporilshoot
  • Like 3

So here we are at day 46 (I think) above ground .   

I left it 4 days before feeding again, 4l in and 1l out, EC 1.2, Ph, had to be guessed as I need to calibrate the meter, 3 drops should get it in the range.

4 days interval was a tad to long, the bucket was a bit light, 3 days it'll be next time.  I reckon another week will see it potted up in the big container.

Repositioned the ties and spread her out a bit more. For a small plant it's got a fair whiff about it.

• Like 2