Budbox Pro 2m x 2m x 2m Tent

disco survivor

Going to chop the 3 Photo's at the weekend  that appear ready.

Big question now......do I wet trim or dry trim? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I went through the wet trimming process with the small amount of bud I salvaged from the greenhouse. Just curious which method is best? :yep:

large.652ff5165195e_cbd1810232.jpglarge.652ff51370061_cbd1810231.jpg

Edited by disco survivor
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Killuminati7 said:

Dry trim but up to you depends on wot ur rh is 

Have total control over the RH in the log cabin. currently at 60% RH with an ambient temp of 16 degrees C

• Like 1

Hang her whole for a nice slow dry,

but have a good look over for any signs of mould :yep:

Then dry trim and jar up in a couple of weeks time :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Hang her whole for a nice slow dry,

but have a good look over for any signs of mould :yep:

Then dry trim and jar up in a couple of weeks time :D 

Atb

Thanks. So, remove fan leaves and just hang until the thin stems snap but don't break off completely then trim and into jars?

I just leave the fan leaves on for at least the first week in order to make sure it doesn’t dry too quickly,

but I know that works for me :) 

Removing fan leaves creates hundreds of open wounds on a plant where moisture can is often released,

which I believe can sometimes be the cause of mould.

Atb

• Like 1

Just now, Shumroom said:

I just leave the fan leaves on for at least the first week in order to make sure it doesn’t dry too quickly,

but I know that works for me :) 

Removing fan leaves creates hundreds of open wounds on a plant where moisture can is often released,

which I believe can sometimes be the cause of mould.

Atb

Thank you !

• Like 1

First plant of my first indoor grow now chopped.

Good opportunity to show the inverted "T" pot set up I'm using in the tent. This is carried on from my greenhouse set up (open ended buckets sat on a prepared bed) where I get significantly higher yields from tomatoes than I did before I set this system up. It's taken from a friends commercial tomato and cucumber greenhouse growing business and proven to increase yields by 20%+ compared to a conventional commercial grow bag or pots set up.

To create the inverted t pot set up in the tent (as cheaply as possible), I've used black builders buckets (with the bottom cut out), washing up bowl (with 6 holes drilled in the bottom for drainage) and a cheap plastic food tray to collect any water run off. Total cost excluding the growing medium is about £4 per set up.

The principle is to develop a solid, stable root network on plants with the capacity to grow over 1.8m tall (similar structure to an outdoor umbrella base). The root system penetrates vertically through the bucket then spreads out horizontally to fill the washing up bowl (inverted "T"). With a rock solid foundation, the plants seem to flourish more compared to a conventional single plant pot set up. Now I have the tent up and running, I'm going to do a comparison test with 2 clones. One in this inverted T set up and one in a conventional fabric pot.

large.65314a84534fa_cbd1910232.jpglarge.65314a86772b2_cbd1910233.jpglarge.65314a80b1a3f_cbd1910231.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get 139g (dry weight) of usable bud from 3 plants and quite a bit of smaller popcorn bud to use in oil production. Fairly confident of getting 50g of bud per plant from my second indoor grow. :yep:

large.6553ab2e226a1_cbd1411232.jpglarge.6553ab2c37710_cbd1411231.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Got 92g usable bud from the last chop (one plant). 

This next grow I'm still experimenting with the number of plants in each grow area (900mm x 900mm). One area has 5 plants, the other 4 plants. I'll see if the total yield per growing area is significantly different and how manageable the areas are.

These plants (photoperiod) were germinated on the 6th October so probably let them go another 2 weeks then flip them into flower.

Carried out some basic LST including topping the plants last week.

large.65705b20546ea_cbd0611233.jpglarge.65705b1e56eec_cbd0611232.jpglarge.65705b1c43eb9_cbd0611231.jpg

Edited by disco survivor
  • Like 1