Budbox Pro 2m x 2m x 2m Tent

disco survivor

Got my hands on an almost new Budbox Pro 2m x 2m x 2m - ebay auction, paid £150

It's a lot bigger than I imagined it to be.

Looking to kit it out over the next few months. Can't afford new so will wait to see what comes up used on Facebook Marketplace and ebay. 

Was thinking of an AC Infinity S6 or T6 fan with a 69 controller?

Gavita Pro 1700e lights - seller on ebay currently with 2 for sale. Think the reserve is £1200 for both but I'll bide my time and hopefully get them for £900 or less. They only reached £700 when the first attempt to auction them ended.

Then the usual clip on oscillating fans, humidifier etc.

I'd like to have the tent in four areas. Three 1m x 1m areas for growing and the other 1m x 1m area for a nursery rack or tent. 

Complete novice so if I'm way off track, please point me in the right direction :yep:

large.64ba41de5a390_budboxpro.jpglarge.64ba41dcbc1f3_budboxproinside.jpg

• Like 3

AC Infinty fans - great bits of kit, if you're going for the 69 Controller, dont bother with the T6, just an extra expense for the temp and humidity controller when the 69 does it all. Personally in a tent that size, I would go S8, always over spec your fans!! You can get an S6 for fresh intake and then balance them using the controller

Those Gavitas are 110cm x 111cm in size so doubt youll fit 2 in side by side, may want to think again about the areas you want. Also what life span have those Gavitas had? Buying second hand kit always worries me, plus are you getting this delivered to your house?

If it were me, I would try and get some Lumatek 465 Pros as they fit in a 1m square perfectly or some quantum boards or maybe have a look at what the aite sponsor Migro can provide.

Youre in the right place for advice though, plenty on here that will be happy to help you.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sweettooth said:

AC Infinty fans - great bits of kit, if you're going for the 69 Controller, dont bother with the T6, just an extra expense for the temp and humidity controller when the 69 does it all. Personally in a tent that size, I would go S8, always over spec your fans!! You can get an S6 for fresh intake and then balance them using the controller

Those Gavitas are 110cm x 111cm in size so doubt youll fit 2 in side by side, may want to think again about the areas you want. Also what life span have those Gavitas had? Buying second hand kit always worries me, plus are you getting this delivered to your house?

If it were me, I would try and get some Lumatek 465 Pros as they fit in a 1m square perfectly or some quantum boards or maybe have a look at what the aite sponsor Migro can provide.

Youre in the right place for advice though, plenty on here that will be happy to help you.

Superb advice, thank you !!

• Like 1

That's a fantastic space to grow in, could get a jungle in there. I've got a much smaller BudBox Pro and one thing I'd like to point out about them; they're not even close to light tight. On mine you can see thousands of spots of light from outside when the room is dark. It's the zips and the zip-end flaps. You'll be OK if you keep the tent in a dark room though, otherwise throw a cover over it or something. Best of luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clubs said:

That's a fantastic space to grow in, could get a jungle in there. I've got a much smaller BudBox Pro and one thing I'd like to point out about them; they're not even close to light tight. On mine you can see thousands of spots of light from outside when the room is dark. It's the zips and the zip-end flaps. You'll be OK if you keep the tent in a dark room though, otherwise throw a cover over it or something. Best of luck.

The tent is in a log cabin so pretty dark. Pleased with the overall quality. Seems a very substantial piece of kit.

• Like 1

with that size tent, (this is just me, as a new grower you might not want to go full-on, at the start. but u prolly will do, later on, when ur used to it...) id be wanting 4 ~450W fixtures in there

say, 4 maxibright 480W pro's. if you go lumatek 465W pro, get the 2.9 version. they are about 900mm2, they'd fit & cover the space fully

if you have just 2 units in there, you'd have 500mm each side with no light cover

& as the other poster pointed out, 2 gavita 1700e's wouldn't fit in there, unless you offset them at opposite corners

mystic 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

with that size tent, (this is just me, as a new grower you might not want to go full-on, at the start. but u prolly will do, later on, when ur used to it...) id be wanting 4 ~450W fixtures in there

say, 4 maxibright 480W pro's. if you go lumatek 465W pro, get the 2.9 version. they are about 900mm2, they'd fit & cover the space fully

if you have just 2 units in there, you'd have 500mm each side with no light cover

& as the other poster pointed out, 2 gavita 1700e's wouldn't fit in there, unless you offset them at opposite corners

mystic 

Thanks very much for your input. I'd rather put back the grow season rather than buy wrong and have to buy twice, hence the post and the great responses. Seems like the Lumatek 465W Pro 2.9 is the light to go for so I've got a lot of saving up to do. I'll be buying new for the lights given the comments and further research I've completed

1 minute ago, disco survivor said:

Lumatek 465W Pro 2.9

thats like the latest light, & they are quite high £ atm, for cheaper, you can do it just as well

for example you could look at mars hydro & spider farmer in the fc-e4800 (MH) & se5000 (SF) models, which, iirc, would fit within a 1m2 footprint

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 3

There is a seller on ebay with AC Infinity Cloudline S8 fans for £120. Item described as new, unopened, never used. It appears they have sold 20 units and have 3 left. Does anyone know if there are copies of these units doing the rounds? I know some light manufacturers have had their units compiled but never heard about fan being copied.

large.64be2cea5b6ee_infinitys8fan.jpg

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

@Shumroom Is the S8 not the fan to go for pal? The ebay seller is £60 cheaper than anywhere else.

Atb

:yinyang:

Is it not the fan I need?

I'm just saying that there are two different fans made by AC Infinity,

the cloudline and the Cloudline lite.

Check out the differences between the two before you make a decision on what to buy.

These are fairly large investments to be making,

so best to do your homework :yep:

Atb

Edited by Shumroom
Their there they're
  • Like 2

Just now, Shumroom said:

I'm just saying that there are two different fans made by AC Infinity,

the cloudline and the Cloudline lite.

Check out the differences between the two before you make a decision on what to buy.

These are fairly large investments to be making,

so best to do your homework :yep:

Atb

Thanks. The advert says its a AI-CLS8 - AC Infinity Cloudline S8 Quiet 8 Inch Inline Duct Fan AI-CLS8 & speed controller

If I buy, I'll pay via PayPal and I'm also covered by ebay money back guarantee. Just backed out of an ebay auction for an 8 inch filter. gone way beyond what I'm prepared to pay for a used piece of kit. I'll get there eventually, just got to be patient.

The photo being used is of the “Lite” version.

I just don’t want you to get duped,

have a look at the AC Infinity website to familiarise yourself with the differences :yep:

That way you know what you’re buying.

Never ever ever ever buy a used filter,

you’ve got no idea how long it will last or how long it’s been used for and what humidity levels it’s been subjected to :police:

Buy new.

Atb

• Like 4