Budbox Pro 2m x 2m x 2m Tent

disco survivor

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Coming together now :) 

I don’t know if you were intending to get a large oscillating fan to supplement the small fans you’ve got there,

but I wouldn’t just rely on the small ones :yep:

Also for the Carbon Filter,

I have mine on the floor since swapping out the traditional light for LEDs,

it helps to make use of the warmth they produce :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

Thanks. Got a floor oscillating fan that will cover the 3 grows. Had a brutal introduction to mould with my greenhouse grow so definitely not taking any chances. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what type of dimmer I have on my new Mars Hydro FC-E lights I've just purchased (type A or Type B). Need an adaptor cable to connect the lights to the AC Infinity 69 Pro controller - Think it's RJ11 to UIS?

Thanks in advance. Can't find it on the Mars Hydro site.

Scrap that, just found the mars hydro sticker on the driver....it's a type A !

Edited by disco survivor

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting to grips with the tent layout, lighting and the AC Infinity 69 pro controller.

Struggling a bit with the controller to be honest. Any advice on how to set it up for fan extraction and lighting will be greatly appreciated :yep:

The 3 cloned plants are suffering from a bit of nute burn. Not sure why it's affecting only these 3 plants?

large.64ec6b16e6747_cbd288235.jpglarge.64ec6b1566839_cbd288234.jpg

• Like 3

That tent looks the nuts making me want to upgrade, What's the hanging distance on them lights mate? I run my LEDs pretty close and dim them down then ramp up throughout veg.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UKsFinest said:

That tent looks the nuts making me want to upgrade, What's the hanging distance on them lights mate? I run my LEDs pretty close and dim them down then ramp up throughout veg.

Hanging distance is currently 30 inches. I couldn't find manufacturers figures for a white interior tent so I've placed some clones in the tent to monitor how they perform and alter the light intensity and height to suit. The clones started to stretch so increased the light intensity and lowered the lights until the clones stopped stretching. Everything seems quite happy at the moment

• Like 1

I'd be inclined to double check the environmental figures first before worrying about feed level :)

Lights on and off temps?

Media temp in pots?

I can see a fan pointing at one of the clones(in the large pots?) and wonder if it could be wind stress?

How long ago did you pot up the clones?

What size pots have they been in and were they rooted out each time?

Atb

:yinyang:

On 04/08/2023 at 7:59 PM, disco survivor said:

Having a bit of an issue with cable management over the lights if anyone can give advice. Do most people have the driver outside the tent? I've got the drivers fixed on top of the light bars but the long cable from the driver to the light bars is knocking the light out of balance (when rested on top of the driver)

Also need to figure out how to connect the lights together to control all three from one point

hi mate, ive done this with my cable management 

shit I dont have a photo. you know the cable on the left that has all the bars plugged into it? well ive used a cheap wilkos (remember them?) bamboo cane, tie-wrapped it to the main cable so it holds the cable up, as I have chains n hooks to hang the light, I can hang the cane over the hook thats hanging the light & it keeps the cable up & out of the way a bit. if you understand?

and to connect the lights so they all run together, thats easy, you should have a rj11 cable with each light, (read at the back of  the instructions) you plug 1 end into the 1st light in port ch2 (OUTPUT) the one that will control them all, and on that 1 you have the dimmer button pressed IN, then rj11 cable over to the next light, plug it into the INPUT port (ch1) have the button OUT, get another rj11 cable, go from the OUTPUT (ch2) port on the 2nd light to the IN (ch1) port on the 3rd, have the button OUT same as no2

you can turn the dimmer knob on the 2nd & 3rd to OFF, as whatever you do on the 1st light, all the others will do

I have 2 fce6500 n have them daisy chained. drivers outside

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mysticriver said:

hi mate, ive done this with my cable management 

shit I dont have a photo. you know the cable on the left that has all the bars plugged into it? well ive used a cheap wilkos (remember them?) bamboo cane, tie-wrapped it to the main cable so it holds the cable up, as I have chains n hooks to hang the light, I can hang the cane over the hook thats hanging the light & it keeps the cable up & out of the way a bit. if you understand?

and to connect the lights so they all run together, thats easy, you should have a rj11 cable with each light, (read at the back of  the instructions) you plug 1 end into the 1st light in port ch2 (OUTPUT) the one that will control them all, and on that 1 you have the dimmer button pressed IN, then rj11 cable over to the next light, plug it into the INPUT port (ch1) have the button OUT, get another rj11 cable, go from the OUTPUT (ch2) port on the 2nd light to the IN (ch1) port on the 3rd, have the button OUT same as no2

you can turn the dimmer knob on the 2nd & 3rd to OFF, as whatever you do on the 1st light, all the others will do

I have 2 fce6500 n have them daisy chained. drivers outside

mystic

Thanks for the great advice !

19 hours ago, disco survivor said:

Thanks for the great advice !

bro, if you look at the back of the FC-E instructions, it tells ya how to daisy chain, with pictures, if u get lost

& here's how I sorted my cables

large.IMG_1299.jpeg

its not ideal, (& it was done in haste) but it lifts them out of the way a bit

mystic

• Like 3

On 21/07/2023 at 2:16 PM, disco survivor said:

I'd like to have the tent in four areas. Three 1m x 1m areas for growing and the other 1m x 1m area for a nursery rack or tent.

Hi ya mate, I can say from experience they are awsome tents, the best IMO. Solid and will last years and years, my 3x3 held a 12" 100mm carbon bed filter on the cross bar for a year or more and didnt even bend.

But as for splitting the 4 areas up that's risky. If your growing ordinary photo dependent plants then your'll likely run into trouble, I'm not saying is isn't dooable, it is defo 100% dooable, but its "Bodgey".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made a few adaptions in the tent grow to make my life a little easier:

1) Using the £1 pots from B and Q (20cm I think) for the auto grow. I've tiger sealed some brackets to the bottom to hold them onto the food trays (trays are £1.69 each from B and M). The food trays not only collect excess water but also allow me to attach small screw hooks to the perimeter for easy training of the auto's

2) Using scrog nets restricts the access to plants when watering. I don't want to disturb the plants and have to lift them out every time I water them plus when I start feeding, I don't want the water to touch the foliage so I found a length of flexible pipe in the shed and extended the length of the watering can spout. Works a treat :yep:

3 & 4) The growing frames (20mm plastic electrical conduit pipe - £2.60 per 3m length)) and the scrog nets (pigeon netting - £1 per metre) are working well. The netting is cheap enough that I can simply cut it away at harvest time so I don't have to drag branches through a scrog net and potentially lose trichomes.

5) The auto grow area hs had a set back. I got some free beans from a mate as well as some free beans from RQS (2 x Orion F1). The beans from my mate turned out to have questionable genetics so I have ditched them and planted some other autos from RQS. Apparently a lot of the beans my mate grew turned hermaphrodite (both indoors and GG). I removed my plants early so no harm done. 

large.64fdb9d006ca8_cbd109231.jpglarge.64fdb9d285432_cbd109232.jpglarge.64fdb9d45092f_cbd109233.jpglarge.64fdb9d62e490_cbd109234.jpglarge.64fdb9d81c6f3_cbd109235.jpg

• Like 6