Budbox Pro 2m x 2m x 2m Tent

disco survivor

• 2 weeks later...

Grow tent is progressing nicely. 

The 2 grow areas with the photoperiods are filling up. Just 2 plants in each which looks to be enough for a complete beginner like me.

The pigeon netting I'm using for scrog nets is working well. Cheap enough that I can cut is away at the end of the grow to make extracting the plants without damaging the buds easier.

The 3rd growing area in the corner is being used as a test bed. I'm experimenting with auto varieties, clones and pot sizes. I'll get a good feel for how many auto's I can grow in that area and what pot size to use.

Definitely won't be growing any more F1 Orion auto's from RQS. They went into flower after only a few weeks from germination and haven't grown much since. Probably a superb variety for someone with a small growing space and in a hurry to get some product to smoke !

large.6511c5c16c70d_cbd259235.jpglarge.6511c5bf87853_cbd259234.jpglarge.6511c5bda416e_cbd259233.jpglarge.6511c5c3887c0_cbd259236.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

What lighting schedule is the tent on?

If it’s 12/12 that might explain why the autos flowered so quickly??

Atb

:yinyang:

The Auto's flowered on a 18/6 schedule with the photo's happily staying in veg. I've checked the RQS reviews to see if anyone else has reported this but I'm being told RQS filter out negative reviews which would explain the almost 100% positive feedback on all of their seed varieties. I've already decided to go all photoperiod grows in this tent though to make the growing experience less complicated.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After the disaster with the bud rot in the greenhouse, the indoor grow looks to be going a hell of a lot better.

Do you think I've still got a couple of weeks to go before harvest?

large.6526b8fb0733b_cbd1110233.jpglarge.6526b8f9ca568_cbd1110232.jpglarge.6526b8f861104_cbd1110231.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Veg & flowering in the same space...have I missed something?

I assume it's autos that are flowering at the same time as photos are vegging?

• Like 1

On 13/10/2023 at 8:05 AM, Peregrine said:

Veg & flowering in the same space...have I missed something?

Autos are in the space where the small plants are. Only a temp measure though. I've since built a small veg rack with its own separate lighting schedule. Saving up for a separate veg tent but money is very tight at the moment.

On 13/10/2023 at 9:24 AM, Satchitananda said:

I assume it's autos that are flowering at the same time as photos are vegging?

Yes, they are autos. Separate veg tent will be next when funds are available. Just splashed out on a portable wardrobe from B&M to act as a drying room (£8), humidity and temp monitor and a USB fan off Fleabay (£4 + £3).:yep:

• Like 1

drying room:

Portable wardrobe from B&M (£8). Humidity and temp monitor from Ebay (£4) and a small circulation fan from Ebay (£3).

Being breathable fabric means that I can control the temperature and humidity from outside the wardrobe. I did build something from a large cardboard box but struggled with humidity control especially. I'll invest in a more substantial structure next year but the little good bud I rescued from the greenhouse grow, has dried very well. Just got the last few branches left.  

large.652bce45380b8_cbd1510233.jpglarge.652bce48390d9_cbd1510234.jpg

• Like 1

Nursery/ temporary veg room:

Shelving unit from Lidl (£35) and various strip lights (some donated, some purchased from Toolstation - about £8.50 each). Covered the shelving with 2 groundsheets from damaged grow tents (given to me free of charge). Thanks to the advice from members on here, I've lifted both the seedlings and plants closer to the strip lights and all stretching has stopped :yep:

Next year, hopefully I'll have enough funds for a separate veg room and I'll keep the shelving purely for seedlings.

large.652bce49ce3e5_cbd1510235.jpg

• Like 2

Will probably squeeze another plant in each 900mm x 900mm grow space for the next grow. Just wanted to get a good idea on how much space each plant takes up for this grow so didn't want to overcrowd the growing area.

Plant on the right will be the first to get chopped but looking at the trichomes through the portable microscope, I'm guessing at least another 2 weeks left before harvest?

large.652bc7f6d1cb1_cbd1510232.jpglarge.652bc7f2c4339_cbd1510231.jpg

• Like 3