First Grow in 23 years, Banana purple punch auto

MoT

8 hours ago, brock1 said:

Its not light on the buds a lot of people remove the leaves for. Its the green leaves in the shade they remove. Its defining the fine line as to weather a leaf get enough light for the photosynthesis to justify the energy the leaf uses. If it getting only a little reflective light its doing more harm than good :yinyang:

Ah okay, it's me being thick again then lol ain't that a turn up for the books lol

11.07.23 49 days after sprouting

So around 21 days or so, into proper flowering.

Bit of a pointless update but was bored, HAHA, i was looking at her with the led on this eve and thought I'd lost all the trich's......  maybe not :P .
I'm off with my questions again, would it be worth me getting a supplemental UVB bulb? I've been reading that it will boost resin and trich production, or is that utter bollocks, bear in mind i'm running a "none grow specific LED" in the 6500k range.

I know she is nowhere near ready yet, but in your guys opinion, is she looking alrightish, i'm not BLOWN AWAY (or am i just putting myself down) but i am pretty surprised at yet again, the difference only a few days can make, crazy! , I did give the leaves underneath the slightest clear out, even though it probably wasn't needed, only the ones that were literally getting no light at all.

Kinda fishing for affirmation I guess, and an answer regarding the UVB :)

Thanks alllarge.20230711_202026.jpglarge.20230711_202008.jpglarge.20230711_201844.jpglarge.20230711_201819.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Killuminati7 said:

Just leave her let her finish and your be good , don’t go feeding her much more can see burnt tips :yep:

She has had the burnt tips since day one (you know what i mean) without much progression, the only thing i've fed is BB top max which is  humic and fulvic acid :) , i'm going to have to cut back i think on my starter soil creation, never done it before and , i was told months ago maybe i got it a little hot, but i let it "cook" before use, she''s still running off the original, thank you for the response, i will make DAMN sure she gets ridiculously flushed closer to time....whatever closer to time ends up being :/ 

12 hours ago, MoT said:

would it be worth me getting a supplemental UVB bulb?

there a study that was done by, iirc dutch passion, on their test they got a 19% increase in secondary metabolites & flavonoids [oils; terpenes]

ask @MIGRO - he has a link to the findings

edit- oh & personally I wouldn't take off many if not any leaves as the plant is so squat its not necessary 

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 3

Looking good brother :thumsup:

UVB is something you might want to add to your setup at some point,

but I wouldn’t worry about growing without it.

You’ll still get very good results without it,

you are on track for a nice wee harvest of sticky buds :) 

As @mysticriver says,

you don’t really need to remove any leaves,

it’s not like she’s a towering bush shading half of herself from the light :yep:

Keep up the good work.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I don't think there is a snowball in hells chance that she is going to be done in 4 days, the 8 weeks advertised lol, but that is fine, she's still throwing out white pistils and frosting up, i actually thought i'd got mould on a couple of the lower buds, but it was  just more frosty and pistils thank god, no picture update this close to the last one, as while it may interest me, i highly doubt anyone else gives a shit :D

I know it's hit and miss, but i hope she starts kicking out some purple hues, wondering if i should start flushing her now, as that will give a week or two to see where she is sitting at, any thoughts?

Got a UVB on the way too, just a little 26w 10.0 , I figure every little helps to a degree, also got some 150gm mesh on order as i'm going to ATTEMPT to construct a screen tray for once i harvest, hopefully not getting too far ahead of myself.

I couldn't help myself and took a couple of tiny little buds off, obviously too early and trichomes clear, and commited the sin of using the microwave to super quick dry them with no cure, was a smooth smoke, but got halfway through and thought i was going to pass out/ start hallucinating, i've never felt that before..... wasn't overly nice but holy shit i'm hoping with my loupe in hand, and a decent dry and cure, I may have something rather nice!

Edited by MoT
Addded info
  • Like 1

It looks like a fantastic grow for the first time with newfangled 21st Century gadgets!

That's gonna be a crop to be proud of as it is IMO.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

It looks like a fantastic grow for the first time with newfangled 21st Century gadgets!

That's gonna be a crop to be proud of as it is IMO.

Aww, thank you :) , i sure hope it is, just gotta get a flushing done right and, then dry it right, and then cure it right :o , nowhere near out of the woods yet lol:)

So, i've decided to take it upon myself and do a fairly heavy, but still technically partial flush as of today, 5 hours ago as @Killuminati7 pointed out, the continued browning at the tips likely means overferted, and the last thing i want is absolute trash after this long, i'll get some photo's up in a bit of the drip drip runnoff i've gotten, and the side of the fabric pot (which was the main reason i  decided too much salt, as @GSZZ mentioned when i asked a question about aerating runnoff for reuptake..., runnoff is "brown water" drip drip drip, so i'm  HOPING still enough nutes in soil to last a further week minimum, and then some more flushing in a week or so, to drag even more out :) , i was getting a bit of a grassy smell again and while no one else is going to bat an eyelid at that outside the house, i don't want it inside either, or i'd be growing a lawn.....,, will be a pointless image upload to a degree, other than there has been a fair bit of browning pistils, trichs are still 95% clear, but i'd like to see her use the nutes in her leaves at least to an extent.

I'll still add a little BB top max, until a week later (its fulvic and humic acid) and a little CAL-MAG, that is unless anyone tells me to just stop all this, and go water only :), i'm learnding again....

SHE DOESN'T SEEM ANGRY AT THE FLUSH SO FAR,SO....WE WILL SEE.... As pointed out she is apparently a 56 day/8 week popped to flower, but i can see it being closer to 70 days personally, i'll be keeping an eye obviously.... Thanks everyone

Edited by MoT
missed a word
  • Like 1

Don’t bother proper flushing just carry on with a smaller feed till she’s filled out more you should be good mate  :hippy:

• Like 1
Just now, Killuminati7 said:

Don’t bother proper flushing just carry on with a smaller feed till she’s filled out more you should be good mate  :hippy:

I'm thinking with the colour of the water, still holding off on any nutes, i will actually upload them shortly LOL, it looks like bad quality beef/chicken stock

• Like 1

Are u hard water , if not I’d add some cal with your just water, ovo let her dry out now after flushing her , you should be good bud I find autos fatten right up last few weeks :yep:

Just now, Killuminati7 said:

Are u hard water , if not I’d add some cal with your just water, ovo let her dry out now after flushing her , you should be good bud I find autos fatten right up last few weeks :yep:

Pretty likely hard water, but i've got no specific readouts, or the tech to do so, or the money tosend it off and have it checked LOL, i know its in the mid 8.0-9.0 ph range, which means jack shit, but @Shumroom keeps saying it shouldn't be an issue in soil, and even though i trust their knowledge, i'm still buffering it down slightly, because it's fucking horrible water :( , it certainly scrubs everything off you without soap....and i don't think that is a good thing at all, vile stuff :( having had the soft stuff in corny and dev, that makes soap turn into plumes of beutiful suds, but doesn't really strip you of dirt lol

• Like 1