First Grow in 23 years, Banana purple punch auto

MoT

Sooooooo, It's been 23 years since I last threw some beans in the soil, and i decided probably foolishly, to have a go with an autoflowering strain Banana purple punch, from FastBuds.

bear in mind, 23 years ago autoflowers weren't even a thing, Ruderalis was almost unheard of, unless you were in the know, and by in the know, Ruderalis was pretty much ignored :)

So I've decided to chuck a few pictures up of the "progress" or not and hopefully you guys can give me a little help on figuring out if she is going okay, to me she seems real small, so I'm guessing I've stunted her, but you may disagree, in fact I HOPE you do :) 

It's a real basic setup at the moment, a 1.5 x 4 x 6 ft, with 2 random brand LED's @ 100w a piece, just to see if I can get back into the groove and then decide to start uprating things if I have any luck

Seed planted direct into my own soil mix on 21.05.23 , possibly a little hot looking at the few browning tips, hence I haven't given her a feed yet, just ph corrected 6.3 water

Have a butchers, :) it's going to be a little image intense, so i apologise for a load of very similar looking photos.

Edited by MoT
  • Like 3

20.06.23 28 days after sprouting, some pics wshowing the browning tips on a few leaves, do you reckon  nute burn, mag def? or is it under nuted due to me not having fed it? flowering kicked in a couple days priorlarge.20230620_052641.jpglarge.20230620_052651.jpglarge.20230620_140714.jpglarge.20230620_052656.jpglarge.20230620_140718.jpglarge.20230620_140731.jpglarge.20230620_140758.jpg

Edited by MoT
  • Like 3

That's it up to date to today, any thoughts? Is she really small, or is it me being a little precious? :) 

Oh, and SHOULD I start supplementing the water with flowering nutes, or hold off a while, the browning tips has me in a little quandary

Ta

Edited by MoT
  • Like 1

They're looking nice and healthy, they're young so no nutes just yet, let the plant use the soil nutes. Plants are different, they come in small and big, and autos can play on your nerves, they run on their own clock.

My 1st grow is with an auto 10wks in, and she was a slow grower in the beginning ... not now though :hippy:

Chill ....................

• Like 3

she does look a little small to me, for 4+ weeks in, but that could simply be its just a small auto - a runt maybe

mystic

• Like 2

Interesting the brown tips as almost every fastbuds seed I’ve grown (and I’ve only ever grown fastbuds) has had the same issue although I’m not sure it’s had a detrimental effect on final product. I’m growing my first non fastbud seed right now and no brown tips

Edited by 5Lip
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, 5Lip said:

Interesting the brown tips as almost every fastbuds seed I’ve grown (and I’ve only ever grown fastbuds) has had the same issue although I’m not sure it’s had a detrimental effect on final product. I’m growing my first non fastbud seed right now and no brown tips

Hmm, Interesting

Hey @MoT welcome back to growing.

Your plant may be squat but it's got a fair few heads on there and if you continue to look after it, it'll stretch a bit more and you'll get some nice bud stalks.

I wouldn't consider deficiencies for burned tips but rather an over fert or bad watering habits maybe. 

But I've got a hunch it could be the pH adjuster fluid you're using to pH your water - you don't need to adjust pH in soil, or at least not normally.

What does your personal soil mix consist of and how often are you watering? Also, how high up is your light from the plant?

I would also suggest to fold the lip of the fabric pot down to give the plant more exposure to air. Fold it all the way down, leaving about an inch of lip above the soil.

And FWIW, I've grown a fair few fastbuds and they have been surprisingly good.

• Like 5

I agree with everything that @Lubdub has said,

except that I haven’t grown any fastbuds seeds :) 

For future diary posts it would be good if you could include how much and how often you’re watering :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 4