PC gaming

Military Grade

I’ve had a plethora of NVIDIA cards and have to say my Radeon RX580 is the best I’ve had 😳

56 minutes ago, NezA said:

but their drivers are pretty good nowadays. It seems like since all the console hardware went AMD the "driver" issues went away.

My mate with his new all AMD rig would say otherwise lol, he got stung with the VAC ban thing last year. They still suffer from artifacts in a lot of titles, a problem going back over a decade 😱

I remember the Linus Tech Tips video where they testing all the drivers from each brand, it showed that AMD performance went down over time and Nvidia's went up, funny because for years before that AMD fans said it was Nvidia was the one's slowing cards down so you'd buy a new one lol

• Like 1

I can only give my first hand experience, yours and everyone else's milage may vary.

• Like 2

I go with whoever gives me the most bang for buck at the time no brand loyalty here apart fae the precious pound lol

Nvidia 1070 atm still spot on for 1080 gaming 

• Like 3

I currently have the Asus ROG GTX 1080 Advance, got it a couple of months after release, still does the job for what I need. Been thinking about replacing the thermal pads to try and prolong its life.

Before that I had a AMD 270x and before that a AMD 7770, in the early 00's the GPU I had was made by Samsung lol

• Like 2

Never owned any AMD kit unless you count the chips inside Sony products but I've just bought an Asus Prime X399-A TR4 Threadripper motherboard. :eek: It was listed as faulty on that auction site, in its original box with all the bits including the IO shield and described as lighting up but not switching on so I took a punt at £80. 

Just going to start with a 2920x (12 core/24 threads) and see if I can get the board to POST, if I get it running then I might go for a 3990x (64 core/128 threads). :naughty: 

Not really for gaming but 4K video editing although it might be interesting to see how well these Threadripper chips work with games. 

• Like 2

@Saddam You could probably run a couple of gaming servers, and still have enough in the tank to play on them, all from one rig lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gone are the days of overclocking, is this a surprise? 

The Prime X399A arrived and it's spotless in that it looks like its never been used, all wrapped up in its original packaging.  :unsure:  It's a fucking heavy motherboard, a proper chunky beast but it fitted nicely into a Corsair 4000x case after I'd removed the cable bar, updated the BIOS using the Asus USB BIOS flashback which is an amazing thing, you can update the BIOS of these boards just by plugging in the ATX power cable, pushing a button and inserting a USB stick loaded with the BIOS update and it does it automatically. :notworthy: It flashed the new BIOS without any issues so hopefully I'l get it to POST.    

Started searching for a reasonably priced 2920x cpu and found another Prime X399 bundle on that auction site which looked too good to pass up. :russian:

Asus Prime X399A mobo, 1920x threadripper CPU and 16gb DDR4 ram, tested and working all for £200. :eek:

I can use the 1920x to test the other X399 motherboard so quite eager to see if it just needed a BIOS update.

• Like 4
  • WOW 1

Anyone tried Gray Zone yet? Graphics look good but not sure the game is worth the money yet.

I've put my name forward for Project L33T, Not had email back yet, i've never played a extraction style FPS game before.