PC gaming

Military Grade

Cheers guys really am chuffed with it. 

Its centred around connection to my living room TV (4K 120Hz) which is jaw droppingly stunning, but eye wateringly expensive in terms of associated PC gaming cost. Was a case of suck it up and buy a 4080 or forever be stuck with an underpowered PC.

It sure is nice having some of the new features to play with. The motherboard alone has 23 USB headers.. wtf! lol spoiled for choice compared to anything I’ve had before. 

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 5

These two guys on this youtube channel get upto all sort of shenanigans in DayZ lol

• Like 1

@Saddam the 3770K is a great chip man. I used to have a crazy sample one that’d do 5GHz easy, pretty much unheard of for the generation.

Heres a video of it, sold to one of the guys now on the EVGA OC team.

Wish I’d held off for a higher price now lol best 3770K in the world..! 

• Like 3

Really is incredible, between procedural content generation, raytracing and AI, it’ll get to the point game development will take months rather than years. When synthesised voice makes a breakthrough who knows, a fully scripted game may only take a few days :shock:

Finally replaced my aging 1070 after whining about it so much my wife actually said - FFS stop going on about it and just buy a new card.

She regretted it on day one when I set her up to play the new Dead Space remake, in the dark, while I giggled like a schoolgirl every time she swore/almost shat herself.

• Like 2

I thought my old 1070 was a big card...

You vs the guy she told you not to worry about:

large.OldCard-NewCard.jpg

and in true "thats what she said" style, I could barely get it all in...

large.Tower.jpg

I built this PC back in 2018 but the best card I could buy was a 1070 - I really wanted a 1080TI (or wait for next gen) but I needed a PC as its my day job work station too and not just for gaming.

i7-8700K overclocked at 4.8Ghz

32GB RAM

10Tb HDD (you read that right)

2x 1TB SSD

The new card has given me a massive performance boost - above and beyond what I was expecting to be fair. In DCS (flight sim) I was getting about 50 FPS at best with lows of 25 but now its tapped out at 180FPS pretty much the whole time. I have ended up undervolting it and limiting the power to 60% to save on £££ and heat.

@Military Grade If you can snag a 4090 for £1000 then go for it (just measure up your tower case first lol) - I have absolutely no regrets (other than lining Nvidias pockets) this thing is an absolute beast and I finally have the PC I wanted.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 9

@DeltaMelter nice man, just zoomed in on the wee black label to see its a 4090 :george: lovely looking card congrats on the purchase.

• Like 3

Shaping up to be a nice drop in upgrade - be especially nice for the cheaper intel 600 series boards like the Linus one above. 

There’s talk of a 2 + 8 (10 core) cpu at the bottom of the SKU stack - 35/45w. Will be game changing for budget gaming builds if true :) 

• Like 1