PC gaming

Military Grade

46 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

can dedicate the integrated graphics to streaming, while the GPU does all of the heavy lifting for gaming.

It doesn't work like that, streaming software only works on one gpu so although you can stream with an integrated gpu you can't game capture and stream it at the same time without serious dropouts, if you run a gpu then both the stream and game signal are processed through that. 

@Saddam the idea is you’ll able to offload video encoding to the new igpu to avoid the latency hit running both on a dedicated card, I don’t know if the the software is are there yet, i’ve never tried but this guy has - if you can bear to listen to him lol I guess you could also do something similar by running the second GPU inside a VM.

Most streamers just run two PCs, one for straight gaming at max resolution and fps, the other does all the video and camera capture, streaming, chat and overlays. 

I don't think two GPUs in one PC will ever be a thing, you'd probably need 1000w+ psu. 

Thats where the meteor lake igpu will change things - same hardware encoders as the full sized Intel Arc GPU’s while only consuming a fraction of the power.

Doesn’t need to be powerful, just needs to be able to encode AV1. 

Edited by Smokey McBongface

• 1 month later...

I'm still running a 6600k I5 and a 1070. Been working well since 2016. Not sure ill ever get to upgrade in my current circumstances.

Last game i got into was Vampire Survivors, I've not really played anything the "summer" started. Will get back on it at some point.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've just seen that anyone playing CS2 with the new AMD drivers are getting VAC banned lol, I've had two AMD video cards in the past never again, their drivers and software are absolutely shite, once I use Nvidia I just couldn't go back to AMD software.

Edited by Military Grade

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally retired my xbox 360 controller from service I've had since 2005 lol

Used on xbox 360 and PC

You served me well 2005 - 2023 :notworthy:

large.20231104_191100.jpg

I've replaced it with this, feels great.

large.20231104_191128.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 04/11/2023 at 19:35, Military Grade said:

You served me well 2005 - 2023

How though? I get a maximum of 3 months out of a PS4 controller before L3 on the left stick gives in and my first PS5 controller lasted 8 weeks before left stick started constantly drifting left.  

Sad fact is that I spend more money on controllers every year than I do on games. 🙄

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

Same with my ps5 controllers, iso can help fix them for a bit. Push them in and wriggle them hard while rubbing a bit of iso in there.

Also some games have a controller sensitivity option where you can make the deadzone a bit bigger. Probably no good for FPS games though I suppose.

@Saddam  I think the original batch of xbox 360 controllers were built better than the rest. I did have a black one that came with the elite that I used for a bit in that time period, but only lasted a few years then I was back using the original.

The later use 2012 onwards was strictly PC use via a adapter, and was able to edit the settings using Steam to fix any dead zones, and oh boy did they need it lol

• 4 weeks later...

@Military GradeAbsolutely, I’ve got an i9 with an Radeon 580. £320 for a 16gb card upgrade and it’ll almost match a PS5. I’ve clocked the shit out of both cpu and grx card since I built it 🤣 but can get <100fps most of the time. I’ve got a B450 board getting dusty somewhere as well, maybe I’ll keep my eyes open for a cpu 😁
There’s just so much more you can do with a decent PC and once you’ve put one or two together it’s simple to upgrade etc. 😎

If you’re a COD player my nick is the same 😉