EOB Outdoor

e55ex0ldb0y

5 hours ago, MindSoup said:

That is some hench AF mates tail, hopefully it doesn't take over your entire life. Does make a good addition to teas in veg though. 

I’m not shitting you last year I knew nothing about mares tail and whilst digging the drainage ditches decided I’d turn over a patch of ground to spread grass seeds…. All I did was double the amount of mares tail in that section!

tried weed killer but doesn’t touch it, even an industrial herbicide had no effect so now I’ve got mud and mares tail but fuck all else.

Been told the only solution is to completely cover the ground in dark plastic for a year so that’s one of my next jobs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Revive said:

@e55ex0ldb0y grab a camo net for the tank mate. Great job with the mares tail :yep:

Loving your plot with all the mod cons..some of us have gotta rough it lol

Looking good bruvva :yinyang:

Mares tail was a bit of a temporary solution tbh camo net sounds a good call.

Just trying to make my life a little more easy so I get more time and not having to cart 20 odd buckets of water from the river every other night was top priority.

I do count myself lucky though.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

Just trying to make my life a little more easy so I get more time and not having to cart 20 odd buckets of water from the river every other night was top priority.

There pretty cheap off the bay mate and a more long term solution :yep:

I love your plot mate, id be happy as a pig in shit if I had a place like that to grow my meds . Hope you smash it this season bruv.

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

It's a cunt mate, the roots can go down 6 feet and even the tiniest bit left alive will come back. There is a specific spray for them but you need a license to get it (or know someone with a license) and even that requires them to be bruised/crushed beforehand and needs repeat application. Other than that like you say cover the ground for a year (maybe more) or just keep right on top of it, pull every new shoot asap (especially the asparagus looking ones that let of spores) and you'll get it under control after a few years, but it will never completely go away. 

E2A lol quoted the wrong post lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the main plot:

Been really busy due to a roofer that decided it was ok to leave my house without a roof for 7weeks! Doing it myself now with a little help. But it’s taken it’s toll on the diary somewhat although kept on with the watering so all good on that front.

All looking good… only 2 are struggling a little 1 mainly because I fell over and landed on it lol 

I’ll be taking the cages off early next week and starting to bend them to keep them a little lower stopping prying eyes catching me out.

Had a drone come over my house today about 10 times… not sure if it was a neighbour but I got the air rifle out and took aim, funny enough they haven’t been back thus far! It’s also nowhere near the plot so all good anyway.

hope everyone’s having success.

Ill be trawling through all followed diaries tomorrow when I’m back to work.

peace.

large.IMG_2023-6-18-212946.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-6-18-212916.jpeg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

All looking sweet at the main plot…. If I watched them long enough I’m sure I’d see them growing!

Dead comfrey, mares tail and nettles around base of plant rotting away plus fish blood and bone. That’s all Atm but I’ll be adding some powdered nutrients later on.

they have been bent away from the sun’s direction rather crudely with canes hoping to keep them low ish to stop any prying eyes.

Nothing more to report at this stage

Good luck all.

large.IMG_2023-7-7-114905.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-7-7-114754.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-7-7-114741.jpeg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well the fight is done and I’m happy to say that I’m 1 and 0 after 1 fight lol all holidays are now done and dusted so it’s back to gardening!

Ive come back to this!!!! No need to water (obviously) and everything is looking rosy. Since the last post they have all with the exception of one plant trebled in size. All are approx 5ft high which is a little bigger than I’d hoped and wondering if I’ve still got time to bend them about a bit, any advice welcomed.

Going to have to do a bit of cleaning up as the weeds around them are getting a little out of hand! This will be this weekend’s job.

I’ve got to say that last year I spent loads of time trying to nurture the plants but managed to make loads of balls ups resulting in stressed girls, this year I’m only going down to have a quick check or water and they are thriving.

Less is more….
large.IMG_2023-08-01-152750.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-08-01-152734.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-08-01-152712.jpeg

Good luck everyone 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

I’ve got to say that last year I spent loads of time trying to nurture the plants but managed to make loads of balls ups resulting in stressed girls, this year I’m only going down to have a quick check or water and they are thriving.

Less is more….

We have heard it many times good genetics grow themselves with just a lil bit of love :yep:

There looking superb mate, loving life and should reward you well :)

Great bit of eye candy bruv :yep:

• Like 3

Mate they are flying!! Good genetics man, :fart: hahaha love it,

yeah be careful and get bending them girls :hippy: if you are unsure be doing a bit if a more in detail diary piece got same “problem” lol

good “problem” lol not a problem, got a few options, but canes and tie them out, on it tomorrow so check my diary bro, ps cap n kernow re looking nice now :hippy: hope you had a good one man, big love stig

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Revive said:

We have heard it many times good genetics grow themselves with just a lil bit of love :yep:

There looking superb mate, loving life and should reward you well :)

Great bit of eye candy bruv :yep:

Just hoping that we all get a good bit of sun for Sept and Oct otherwise I can see there being a hell of a lot of rot.

Ive not had any start flowering…. Is that normal?

cheers

• Like 2

Just now, e55ex0ldb0y said:

Just hoping that we all get a good bit of sun for Sept and Oct otherwise I can see there being a hell of a lot of rot.

Ive not had any start flowering…. Is that normal?

cheers

Don't hold your breath on the sunshine mush it may not happen by all accounts..

I've got nothing in flower either mate so if your growing full photos I wouldn't worry as we are still getting 14/15 hours of daylight.

What you growing brother?

• Like 1

Gelato 41 fem fast

Golden lemon haze fem

Ak420 fem

White widow fem

green Crack fem

Girl Scout Cookies fem

and 1 Unknown seed that I just banged in.

Really like the look of the Golden Lemon and Ak420 they seem really nice bushy healthy plant’s albeit the rest aren’t doing too shabby.

The only issue being that as you walk down my garden you can’t see them but you can definitely smell them! I’ve put a few in pots in view to put people off the scent so to speak but they really do pong lol.

what can you do about the rot if we get no sun? Can I strip some of the leaves to give them more airflow? Had a fair amount of rot last year before they were ripe which is so disheartening after all the work that’s put in!

Cheers pal.

• 2 weeks later...

Whet the fuck is this!!! Stealth spider crab fucking alien looking beast…. Left him there to feast on flies!

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201520.jpeg

Hello peeps,

All going ok at the plot with minimum effort to be honest…. I go down give it a little weed and tidy up plus plants were stripped down a little to help with airflow. I’ve seen a bit of an issue with a couple of plants but nothing too worrisome, think they might be lacking nutrients so I’ve gave them a little boost with soluble powders hoping that will do the trick. I’ll also get some fbb from the garden centre tomorrow as it’s been a while since I last added any. Also on the shopping list are blue pellets of doom… being plagued by snails and tiny slugs they are a fecking menace!

view from the compost heap… nice straight lines if I do say so myself lol 

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201038.jpeg

View from opposite end of compost heap.

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201829.jpeg

These are all Ak420 which seem to be loving the conditions at the moment no complaints 

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201750.jpeg

Stripped a little from the undercarriage to promote airflow as I think mould is highly likely this year 

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201728.jpeg

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201612.jpeg

Looking like preflowers to me??? 

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201545.jpeg

Golden lemon haze just had its last bend becoming a big one at 6ft plus

large.IMG_2023-08-13-202037.jpeg

White widow solid plant!

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201932.jpeg

Ak420 loving these at the moment.

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201857.jpeg

Will be back next time I visit the plot…. Less is more this year.

Good luck and happy harvest with a little bit of luck from the weather gods…. My fingers are crossed 

• Like 5

This is the worst affected but I’m thinking it’s lack of nutrients so I’ve given them all a little boost plus I’ll add some fbb which will help.

Its almost in sequence as all the 5 plants on that side are suffering but each not as bad as the last….. strange!!!

Still growing fine… maybe the lack of foliage is a blessing to help with the mould?!?!

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201258.jpeg

The leaves look almost burned??

large.IMG_2023-08-13-201203.jpeg

• Like 1