Gorilla Garden Bakery 23

latitude54

Look real good! 
Is that extra wide copper tape? Where did you get that from? It looks twice the width of my stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Look real good! 
Is that extra wide copper tape? Where did you get that from? It looks twice the width of my stuff. 

Yeah it's really useful stuff (certainly stops the slugs). It's from Amazon, if you search for "wide copper tape", there's loads of results. 

• Like 1

6th May: 

The lemon Cakes have been topped this afternoon. I’m yet to top the Pink Cherry Pies but that was mainly due to me not being able to crouch / squat down to plant height for more than a few seconds without my legs giving up on me. 

I’m going to pop back out to the poly tunnel shortly to finish the job. 

• Like 3

9th May:

Bit more of a concise update today..

The girls have really taken off! All 4 plants have responded really well to topping and are filling out nicely. 

I think the Lemon Cake's are going to be BIG girls!  lol 

The pics don't really show how big they're getting. But when you consider those are 30L pots,.. it kind of makes sense. 

large.lemon-cake1.jpglarge.lemon-cake2.jpglarge_pcp1.jpglarge_pcp2.jpg

I'm definitely going to be short on space soon!! lol  

large_room.jpg

• Like 10

16th May:

With the weather finally picking up, the girls are absolutely racing along. :hippy:

large_pcp.jpglarge.lemon.jpg

• Like 6

Happy looking ladies geez. Summer's definitely taking its time this year, but hopefully it's here to stay now. 

• Like 1

Wont be able to move in there in a few months pal

Not a bad thing though. Just keep the airflow up during flower to help keep rot down

looking great so far 

• Like 3

22nd May:

The poly tunnel is getting quite full!! Fortunately, I'm able to take the girls out during the day to get lots of fresh air and sunshine then pop them away at night (or when it rains). 

Proper update coming tomorrow but for now this is the state of play (notice the addition of a chair so I can hide away from the wife and kids):

large_gh1.jpg

• Like 10

Just now, MindSoup said:

Coming along really well dude, huge leaves on that one at the front.

That's a Gelato 41. It started off really pathetic and deformed bit has gone bonkers. 

• Like 1

Yeah sometimes the runts end up being the best plants, weird how that happens. My mates got a really weird auto tangie in his garden. The cotyledon leaves are about 2 inches long and nothing else is growing from it all, it's about 3 weeks old now so starting to lose hope that it will turn things around.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

Dunno if its relevant as u are moving them in and out but it would be easier laying plants out in a u-shape around the outside and a walk way in the middle.

Edited by murphyblue
  • Like 2

Sadly my outdoor season has come to a very sudden end. 

I went to check on the greenhouse at midnight last night only to find someone has been in and ripped all but 3 plants. :( 11 plants gone. Some in pots, some ripped from their pots. Gutted doesn’t come close to how I feel.  

6 hours ago, latitude54 said:

Sadly my outdoor season has come to a very sudden end. 

I went to check on the greenhouse at midnight last night only to find someone has been in and ripped all but 3 plants. :( 11 plants gone. Some in pots, some ripped from their pots. Gutted doesn’t come close to how I feel.  

Wankers.... Sorry dude, try get onwards and upwards