Gorilla Garden Bakery 23

latitude54

36 hours later and 1x Fast Lemon Cake and 2x Pink Cherry Pie have sprouted tails. I'll give them another 12 hours to see if the last Fast Lemon Cake is playing ball or not, then it'll be time to get them in some compost! If for some reason the Fast Lemon Cake doesn't pop, I've got plenty more seeds so shouldn't be a problem. 

• Like 4

The FLC does have a rep for taking it's time to germinate, so be patient, some people had them in soil for over a week. Maybe pot them on anyway and wait a good 14 days before you give up on them.

• Like 5

The straggler has finally popped it's little tail out! Thats 4 out of 4 ready to go into pots tomorrow! :smoke:

• Like 6

3rd April:

There is life in the pots!

The Lemon Cake that was slow germinating, is also being slow at getting growing whilst the other is racing away. 

The Pink Cherry Pie is happy as a pig in shit! lol 

large.lemoncake1.jpg

large.lemoncake2.jpg

large.cherry-pie.jpg

• Like 6

On 09/04/2023 at 1:55 PM, bfehillbilly said:

I like the way you left space  in the pot to add soil as they stretch 

I fell fowl of this last season so tried to leave an inch in the pots this time to allow me to top up the compost before they’re ready for potting up.

I actually need to get in there today and fill some of the pots up as they’re looking wobbly. lol 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 3

Looking great mucker :yep:     The FLC is an awesome grow and looking forward to seeing the PCP play out.    

Im the same with leaving half a pot space to allow top ups as the little 'uns progress :george:    Works well.    

Good luck with the adventure mate and will be cheering on from the side lines , got my pom poms at the ready :yep:

• Like 5

15th April:

The girls have made it to the polytunnel today!! 

They seem to be doing ok but I don't think I was getting quite enough light into the germination tent, so they've been held back a little bit. That being said, it's a loooong season so loads of time to catch up. lol 

large.lemoncake.jpglarge.cherry-pie.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

25th April:

The plants have been in the poly tunnel for 10 days now and except for a couple of waterings, have been left to their own devices. Temps have been a bit up and down in the poly tunnel, with some nights being single figures and some days being high 30s and humidity has been bouncing around to match. That being said, they all seem to be doing well. I'm intending potting up in the next few days.  

large.plant-lemon-cake.jpglarge.plant-cherry-pie.jpg

• Like 9

30th April:

The girls got potted up today (the 4 plants nearest). 

large.plants.jpg 

• Like 6

2nd May:

Just been out to the polytunnel to check on the girls. I'd honestly say, they're not too far off being ready for their first topping. 5th node is just starting on 3 of the 4 plants.

• Like 2

Looking good mate :yep:       Almost feels like the pressure lifts when one gets ones plants into the tunnel lol         Happy topping mate 

• Like 1

Just now, OldFord said:

Almost feels like the pressure lifts when one gets ones plants into the tunnel

Very much so! lol 

• Like 2