Blerie1 in the wild

blerie420

Morning ladies and gents!

large.20230307_100910_o14SByUR3p.jpeg

Big thanks to panik for letting the riff raff in lol

I picked patriot medicine because I haven't seen much documented about her and because of that my interest was spiked, I didn't expect the lemon cake but I'm very appreciative! It's been a good while since I've had anything lemony kicking about, asides the ammy cut I got gifted this last indoor run I've done (which I've royally fucked up by letting her get gangbanged by 3 lady boys, but lesson learned)

I'm going to start them inside with my next indoor run at 18/6 under my ts2000 in a soil I've yet to choose. I'm going to try and replicate the conditions they'll face outside (fancy talk for my groom is poorly insulated lol) and keep it as close to organic as possible. Hoping to veg them out for 3-4 weeks maximum indoors, if I can, I'll clip a few cuttings to plant out a little later for other spots I have in mind, eggs in one basket and all that.

• Like 11

THE SPOT

Me and a mate have a nice ish spot nearby (lat 52) where the majority will be planted out. There is knotweed to contend with, but he's thrown spare cuttings out there previously to gauge the site (will it be ripped, will it thrive etc etc) and they've lasted there with no interference whatsoever. Nothing was yielded as it wasn't tended to and was left over winter so only the main stem was still standing, but of course if we apply some TLC we should stand a chance.

Over the next few weeks we will be heading down to get cracking, removing anything we can to make a space, dumping a load of overwintered compost courtesy of grandma blerie (reason 1 of 1274747372 we should take time with our elders) and just making a comfy spot for them to thrive.

I expect competition from the local weeds, ain't much can be done about that, but that's where the secondary wave of cuts will come I handy. We're always on the mooch for nooks and crannies and I'm sure a couple will crop up (ba doom tshhhhh) 

• Like 9

Sounds like you've got a good plan together geez, and some nice genetics to go along with it. 

Good luck.

• Like 2

@Idicanna jones @MindSoup cheers guys, you both taking part?? 

If so I'll just have to be happy to be taking part lol

Best laid plans always go to shit with me, but that's where my mates gonna crutch me and keep me focused. That and having to keep up a diary!

All the best with the run sir :yep:          The lemon cakes a pleasure to grow ,  looking forward to seeing how she does with some love & being in the ground.

Pulling iup a chair sir.   

• Like 1

@blerie420 I think I'll be sitting this season out unfortunately, I've too much other stuff going and haven't found a new plot after losing both of mine last year. 

• Like 2

Good luck dude the fast lemon cake i found last year was a bit sluggish to germinate so give them time but once up they go like mad.

• Like 2

@MindSoup fuming! Hoping something else comes your way then.

@murphyblue appreciate the heads up! I'm in charge of all starting this year as my mate did it 2021 (22 ended up a write off due to several issues) so it's good to know!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

large.20230404_082616_b9oXDnOE6P.jpeg

1 month later lol

Seeds in for germination, I was hoping to be 2 weeks earlier so I could give them a good start indoors and maybe take a couple of cuts, no dice.

Means however I will be trying my hand at air layering when they're outdoors, here's to hoping!

• Like 4

All bar one germinated so far. Think that's user error tbh, gonna pot them all anyhow and see what the craic is when I'm home as I only put half of each pack in, so got a couple of backups.

Getting exciting now!

• Like 4

Ignore my previous post, 2 patriot medicine still waiting. Just realised my tag says patriot glue too ffs, if I had a brain I'd be dangerous

@blerie420 sorry dude only just saw this. Yes mate I'm doing erdpurpz and pink cherry pie in the garden of doom. Looking forward to your wares good man

• Like 1

Likewise @Idicanna jones I think you'll have competition for the doom title though lol first year back out since 2020, properly anyhow. Done little ones in the garden, reject cuttings in railway spots (being a Graff head for a few years had it's perks haha) but want a real doomsday prepper style stash, leccy goes up? Into the outdoor stash. Venue dies out? Outdoor stash lol

• Like 3