Dripper system pump

Baron von greenback

@JonDaMon

I use rootit to start then pebbles in a 4" mesh and no further medium when they get moved into the system,

just suspended in an empty bucket....but then I feed and water 15mins on 45mins off 24/7...

The roots are quite happy in a smaller pot/bucket until harvest, no medium to push against means growth is very fast.

large.SSCN1867.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonDaMon said:

of course the roots will fill the pots but your directly supplying the nutrients so as long as you don’t get dry back you’ll be fine. 

Ok mate cheers how much water do you think yours is putting out per feed to 1 pot 

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

@JonDaMon

I use rootit to start then pebbles in a 4" mesh and no further medium when they get moved into the system,

just suspended in an empty bucket....but then I feed and water 15mins on 45mins off 24/7...

The roots are quite happy in a smaller pot/bucket until harvest, no medium to push against means growth is very fast.

large.SSCN1867.JPG

Ok nice one @stu914 it's that why you get such explosive growth because there's no medium to block it or to fight against do you think mate

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

no medium to block it or to fight against

That's how I see it bud, if you consider nft, dwc and rdwc none of them use medium either (apart from a block or pebbles to support the plant)

I used to do dwc and found it very easy to get root rot, not necessarily because of high res temps but more that the roots could not take up

enough oxygen so tended to leave a large gap under the pot (a discussion @badbillybob and I've had many times) this worked for me.

The other systems also have their drawbacks whereas what I'm doing pretty much takes out all the problems, especially the rot...

Another bonus is the lack of rootballs to dispose of, once mthe roots dry out I run the lawnmower over them (along with the leaves)

and they're gone...:yep:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stu914 said:

That's how I see it bud, if you consider nft, dwc and rdwc none of them use medium either (apart from a block or pebbles to support the plant)

I used to do dwc and found it very easy to get root rot, not necessarily because of high res temps but more that the roots could not take up

enough oxygen so tended to leave a large gap under the pot (a discussion @badbillybob and I've had many times) this worked for me.

The other systems also have their drawbacks whereas what I'm doing pretty much takes out all the problems, especially the rot...

Another bonus is the lack of rootballs to dispose of, once mthe roots dry out I run the lawnmower over them (along with the leaves)

and they're gone...:yep:

Ye mate your roots certainly look big and clean all the time I setting up my veg tent the same as yours really just mine nor going to be recirculating but that might change depending how much waters running through the system in 24 like my Rez running dry 100 litre also how much nutes water I losing  I going to have 3 1 metre square trays with the pots sat in them then if I have to I was just going to build a frame underneath them line it and stick a little maxijet 1000 liter an hour pump in it to take it back to the Rez also I don't know if to do just one line to each pot or do like you have and go round the plant with 3 drippers mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron von greenback said:

Ok mate cheers how much water do you think yours is putting out per feed to 1 pot 

I haven’t measured it properly but I know how much it tends to take to perform 2 feeds in one lights on period usually 2L each feed. 

so I would say my system is putting out 2L per plant per feed in 1minute of time.

So that’s 4L per minute as I run 2 plants in 11L coco. 

with that said though my pump doesn’t run at 100% to the ring. 

I restrict the line feed slightly and have a back pressure release valve which stops any major pressure build up in the ring delivery. So the pump doesn’t deliver everything it can to the ring when it feeds. 

Just now, JonDaMon said:

I haven’t measured it properly but I know how much it tends to take to perform 2 feeds in one lights on period usually 2L each feed. 

so I would say my system is putting out 2L per plant per feed in 1minute of time.

So that’s 4L per minute as I run 2 plants in 11L coco. 

with that said though my pump doesn’t run at 100% to the ring. 

I restrict the line feed slightly and have a back pressure release valve which stops any major pressure build up in the ring delivery. So the pump doesn’t deliver everything it can to the ring when it feeds. 

Ye cheers mate I be doing the same as you with back pressure after looking at your pics cause my pump will be over kill I think 

• Like 1