Dripper system pump

Baron von greenback

5 hours ago, JonDaMon said:

Are you sure it’s 7000LPMinute and not LPHour?

most pumps are rated in LPHour. 

the basic hydro rule of thumb is 50LPH per plant. 

if your pump is 7000LPH on the principles of hydro then it could run up to 140 outlets. 

my 1050LPH is running 8 outlets 4xlines per pot to be able to flood in 1minute and get runoff. 

With 1 pump I would only create one loop and branch off that loop for each line you need to each plant etc. 

I wouldn’t start to split the feed up from the pump as you may end up with loops not getting enough pressure to feed the lines evenly. 

Cheers mate ye the aquaking is litre per hour but the Clark pump is litre per minute that's 253 so l would need 1250 lph then for 25 pots so I would get away with the Clark do you think and the aquaking would be over kill cheers mate

On 19/02/2023 at 8:04 PM, mikeydoughnut said:

One thing I underestimated is when doing drain to waste is the amount of fucking run off to deal with lol … 25 plants worth of run off to clear up would ruin my evening. 

That's a very good point.

What do you plan to do run off wise? You don't want to overlook that.

• Like 1

I took me neb out once I realised it was hydro. Dunno owt about hydro or hydro drain to waste. I know coco is hydro, but yeah … lol 

But that’s the first thing I thought. If it’s a run to waste system he’s going to have A LOT of run off. Depending on pot size anything bigger than 2L (which is what I’m running in a lickle grow) x 25 plants is going to be mental …

If there’s going to be run off @Baron von greenback can you plumb it into your general water waste/outflow? 

Edited by mikeydoughnut

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

I took me neb out once I realised it was hydro. Dunno owt about hydro or hydro drain to waste. I know coco is hydro, but yeah … lol 

But that’s the first thing I thought. If it’s a run to waste system he’s going to have A LOT of run off. Depending on pot size anything bigger than 2L (which is what I’m running in a lickle grow) x 25 plants is going to be mental …

If there’s going to be run off @Baron von greenback can you plumb it into your general water waste/outflow? 

Oh right yeah I didn't realise he already answered that. Off to bed for me lol

• Like 1

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

Depending on pot size anything bigger than 2L (which is what I’m running in a lickle grow) x 25 plants is going to be mental …

I can assure you its jokes lol you'd be surprised how few people actually have the foresight to think about the waste water, typically its an after thought which results in plants either being bottom fed IE chronically overwatered or chronically underwatered because they water to no run off to avoid the "problem" all together! 

Until quite recently (skint) I was employing the age old upturned saucers in a big tray and mopping up every couple of days/every day with the big car wash sponge.. in the past I have used the "drain trays" that you plumb all together to a RTW brain pot and then a drain or waste collection tank, I'm using big trays now supported off the floor with frames or risers with a self made drain hole and plumbing it to a RTW brain pot or bucket with a condensate pump (big up @syzgyz it wont let me tag him) - depending on the area its either to a waste collection tank which I then manually pump out or its straight to drain. Big trays are a bit cumbersome and a proper pain to get in and out of the house (especially really big ones) and if raising them it eats head room, but I think they offer way more flexibility in their use than the drain trays, which can be quite restricting in plant numbers and planting density. 

• Like 3

@GSZZ I kinda think I’m on the right track then. I kinda fucked about with run off for ages. Pulling plants out. On a grate. Over a deep tray. Take deep tray to bathroom. Over n over. What a PITA. 

Then I saw danish trays somewhere. Bought one. Made a lowish table from old tent poles and just pop a bucket underneath the waste hole. This is my first time multiple event irrigations on this table so will probably have to upgrade waste bucket size but the fannying about its saved has been a revelation. 

i have a hand fluid transfer pump gets tiring with the run off from 8 x 2L pots. I’d have reyt wankers cramp wi’ 25 :wanker:

e2a - @SYZYGY @GSZZ - reyt grower that chap. Hope yer doing well bud :) (hope I’ve got the reyt person lol

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I got the pots in big square trays so I just suck it up with my wet and dry vac then I put my big pump into and pump it right outside all ready got the water issue sorted as I used the same thing when I clean my iws Flexi tank 350litres and all my pots so it's not so much of an issue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Cheers mate ye the aquaking is litre per hour but the Clark pump is litre per minute that's 253 so l would need 1250 lph then for 25 pots so I would get away with the Clark do you think and the aquaking would be over kill cheers mate

knowing what my 1050LPH is like if I add + instead of T’s on the ends, flow lowers drastically,  I would rather go higher LPH than lower. 

if you add a back pressure valve on the up pipe from your pump before you T off for your ring loop, you can open and close it to get enough pressure to your ring and then stop closing it when all lines are running. 

This way you should still have some solution escaping out of the valve without worrying about over pressurising the delivery ring. 

This escaping solution will just pour back into the res and act as a second mixing pump while it’s running as the valve creates a type of waterfall effect while supplying your loop. 

4 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

also if the aqua king is 7000 LPH and the Clark is 253 LPM, in LPH that’s over 15000LPH as you would need to multiply 253 litres per minute x 60 minutes in an hour. 

I watched Tropic Thunder for the first time at weekend. I’d heard about never going full retard. I think someone who’s having to ask so many questions is going full retard. Why 25? In veg n all. In veg my plants are in and out so I can trim up and check them out. Especially if they’re regular seeds and males will be culled. It’s just too much fucking about in my opinion. 
Trying to set up a 25 plant irrigation system when you’ve never set up a system for even 1 plant is definitely full retard. Just hand water the fuckers until bloom. Just testing a 25 pot system would have me panicking (well, more shitting my pants) incase summat wasnt reyt lol 

e2a - are they regular seeds or are you flowering out 25 plants? 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 2

if all else fails, buy some 2nd hanf NFT trays for the runoff and a seconds timer for the pump.

NFT trays are always up  for sale, once people realiise what a shit system it is.....

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JonDaMon said:

knowing what my 1050LPH is like if I add + instead of T’s on the ends, flow lowers drastically,  I would rather go higher LPH than lower. 

if you add a back pressure valve on the up pipe from your pump before you T off for your ring loop, you can open and close it to get enough pressure to your ring and then stop closing it when all lines are running. 

This way you should still have some solution escaping out of the valve without worrying about over pressurising the delivery ring. 

This escaping solution will just pour back into the res and act as a second mixing pump while it’s running as the valve creates a type of waterfall effect while supplying your loop. 

Ye cheers mate was thinking that looking at yours in the pics

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I watched Tropic Thunder for the first time at weekend. I’d heard about never going full retard. I think someone who’s having to ask so many questions is going full retard. Why 25? In veg n all. In veg my plants are in and out so I can trim up and check them out. Especially if they’re regular seeds and males will be culled. It’s just too much fucking about in my opinion. 
Trying to set up a 25 plant irrigation system when you’ve never set up a system for even 1 plant is definitely full retard. Just hand water the fuckers until bloom. Just testing a 25 pot system would have me panicking (well, more shitting my pants) incase summat wasnt reyt lol 

e2a - are they regular seeds or are you flowering out 25 plants? 

For one it's not full retard I had to take my grow down I had a full 25 pot iws system for my flower room plus I had a 25 pot drip system in my veg tent there were in line drippers and I didn't like the flow rate and looking back I think my pump wasn't strong enough but before I could mess about with it I had to dismantle my full grow  so we're you getting I never set up a system for one plant I don't know plus I doing 25 because that's what I can fit in my space and there all females and I am asking questions so I get it right the first time isn't what the sites for mate