Dripper system pump

Baron von greenback

17 hours ago, BushDoctoR said:

Maxijet 1000 is a 13mm outlet and thats quite a run with a lot of outlets, I dont think the maxijet will be up to it but I could be wrong. And as others have said you wanna join end of the 16mm pipe up to create a loop. Try to spread the outlet pipes a bit more evenly as well I reckon.

Personal preference, but I use at least 2 drippers per pot now days so if you get a blockage the affected pot will still get some water as opposed to drying out completely before you notice. Will also reduce pressure if you're using a very powerful pump

Thanks mate I try that

large.BCB2B2B3-5170-4447-93EF-1A2CCFB2CB3D.jpeglarge.B3C9F6AF-DA6B-4263-84E3-DBE44308E492.jpeglarge.C30644F9-098E-4A8F-AC05-10F672CD0FFC.jpeglarge.508A1708-73EF-475D-999F-4EFE8B488CD0.jpegThis might help you understand the loop the guys are talking about. 

this is a 13mm loop with 4mm lines off each that open to a T at the end of the line to flood the pots. 

I use a HAILEA HX8810 for running 2 plants. 

create a ring loop and then branch off it or use a loop for every 5 plants etc which can all be run from the same reservoir if your res is large enough etc. 

I also use a back pressure release valve up from the pump inside the res to allow run back and pressure release from the ring. 

large.854F16DA-FFA1-4DEC-A4F0-CDFA432D45D5.jpeglarge.9712551D-B0D9-406A-BEC7-5284893676D9.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

Cheers mate can I just run the end of the pipeing back into the water butt or does have to be connected back to the pipeing running from the pump I would have thought the water hitting each other coming from 2 directions can't be good that's why I was just going to run it straight back to water butt or have I got that totally wrong thanks

I really can't be any clearer, connect the pipe back to itself. To repeat whats already been said, the water has to fill the "loop" up first before it pushes water down the 6mm lines. If you just have an open flow back into the tank, you wont have ANY pressure at all. Use your imagination a bit.

• Like 4

lol stu …

@Baron von greenback I think numbers are complicating it for you. 25 is a lot. Im very new to this automated bollocks but that’d have to be a reyt loop and some decent pumping power. I’d perhaps do what’s been suggested and use more than one pump and break it down in to more manageable loops. I’ll get told off for talking poop like but that’s just me, as I said, it’s new on me also. 

Is it hydro or coco yer doing? One thing I underestimated is when doing drain to waste is the amount of fucking run off to deal with lol … 25 plants worth of run off to clear up would ruin my evening. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JonDaMon said:

large.BCB2B2B3-5170-4447-93EF-1A2CCFB2CB3D.jpeglarge.B3C9F6AF-DA6B-4263-84E3-DBE44308E492.jpeglarge.C30644F9-098E-4A8F-AC05-10F672CD0FFC.jpeglarge.508A1708-73EF-475D-999F-4EFE8B488CD0.jpegThis might help you understand the loop the guys are talking about. 

this is a 13mm loop with 4mm lines off each that open to a T at the end of the line to flood the pots. 

I use a HAILEA HX8810 for running 2 plants. 

create a ring loop and then branch off it or use a loop for every 5 plants etc which can all be run from the same reservoir if your res is large enough etc. 

I also use a back pressure release valve up from the pump inside the res to allow run back and pressure release from the ring. 

large.854F16DA-FFA1-4DEC-A4F0-CDFA432D45D5.jpeglarge.9712551D-B0D9-406A-BEC7-5284893676D9.jpeg

Thanks mate ye may be try breaking it down

2 hours ago, GSZZ said:

I really can't be any clearer, connect the pipe back to itself. To repeat whats already been said, the water has to fill the "loop" up first before it pushes water down the 6mm lines. If you just have an open flow back into the tank, you wont have ANY pressure at all. Use your imagination a bit.

I understand what your saying I just thought there would be enough pressure from the pump pushing the water and it would stop the water working against it self in the loop were it meets water coming in to loop to water going out mate

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

lol stu …

@Baron von greenback I think numbers are complicating it for you. 25 is a lot. Im very new to this automated bollocks but that’d have to be a reyt loop and some decent pumping power. I’d perhaps do what’s been suggested and use more than one pump and break it down in to more manageable loops. I’ll get told off for talking poop like but that’s just me, as I said, it’s new on me also. 

Is it hydro or coco yer doing? One thing I underestimated is when doing drain to waste is the amount of fucking run off to deal with lol … 25 plants worth of run off to clear up would ruin my evening. 

Ye mate may be worth breaking it down its hydro I doing this is my veg tent then they going into a iws in my flower room it is going to be drain to waste then I was going to use my wet and dry hoover to suck it up the pots will be sat on trays thanks for the help guys

• Like 1

Ok @ JonDaMon the biggest pump I got is aquaking 7000 litres a min how many plants do you think I could run with it if I break in down into different loops cheers mate

5 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

I understand what your saying I just thought there would be enough pressure from the pump pushing the water and it would stop the water working against it self in the loop were it meets water coming in to loop to water going out mate

It needs to "work against itself" that's what equalizes the pressure, equal pressure means equal delivery.

GSZZs results speak for themselves his advice on dripper systems is the "Golden" standard (see what I did there)

Just do as he says.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NezA said:

It needs to "work against itself" that's what equalizes the pressure, equal pressure means equal delivery.

GSZZs results speak for themselves his advice on dripper systems is the "Golden" standard (see what I did there)

Just do as he says.

Ye mate I am going to too I just had to get my head round it I need to use what I got so I want it right first time I tried it with inline drippers it didn't work very well like people have said about breaking it down into smaller loops with more pumps or one big pump just don't want to get it wrong and have keep redoing everything  so all help and advice is appreciated mate

@Baron von greenback

Got a bit of a blind spot there bud, happens to all of us one time or another....ok...

Imagine a hose connected to a pump, turn it on and the water flows straight through.

Put nozzles along the hose and the water will still just run out, not going through the nozzles.

Block the end of the hose and the water will go through the nozzles, which is what you want...but...

The nozzles furthest from the pump will have less pressure than the ones closer to it.

The way to get round this is to connect a 'T' piece on the pump and have the hose looping in a circle back to the T piece

You will now have even pressure to each of the nozzles, then you can consider which pump(s) will do the job...

Hope this helps...:yep:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

@Baron von greenback

Got a bit of a blind spot there bud, happens to all of us one time or another....ok...

Imagine a hose connected to a pump, turn it on and the water flows straight through.

Put nozzles along the hose and the water will still just run out, not going through the nozzles.

Block the end of the hose and the water will go through the nozzles, which is what you want...but...

The nozzles furthest from the pump will have less pressure than the ones closer to it.

The way to get round this is to connect a 'T' piece on the pump and have the hose looping in a circle back to the T piece

You will now have even pressure to each of the nozzles, then you can consider which pump(s) will do the job...

Hope this helps...:yep:

Ye it does mate thanks which pumps would you suggest with the ones in the pics cheers

9 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

which pumps would you suggest

Trial and error I'm afraid bud, I can't really advise on which one would do the job...

17 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Ok @ JonDaMon the biggest pump I got is aquaking 7000 litres a min how many plants do you think I could run with it if I break in down into different loops cheers mate

Are you sure it’s 7000LPMinute and not LPHour?

most pumps are rated in LPHour. 

the basic hydro rule of thumb is 50LPH per plant. 

if your pump is 7000LPH on the principles of hydro then it could run up to 140 outlets. 

my 1050LPH is running 8 outlets 4xlines per pot to be able to flood in 1minute and get runoff. 

With 1 pump I would only create one loop and branch off that loop for each line you need to each plant etc. 

I wouldn’t start to split the feed up from the pump as you may end up with loops not getting enough pressure to feed the lines evenly. 

• Like 1