Hollands hope, frisian duck and shaman

Celtic voyager

1 hour ago, Celtic voyager said:

Hi MindSoup 

Good point on smoking less.

Makes sense. 

Would give incentive to try some of the stronger strains out there. 

The only thing I would add is that sometimes the stronger strains are imbalanced massively towards THC.  Those arent that fun for me as I am basically just in a trance and one trance is often much like any other trance.  I do like being in a trance, but nuances can be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

The only thing I would add is that sometimes the stronger strains are imbalanced massively towards THC.  Those arent that fun for me as I am basically just in a trance and one trance is often much like any other trance.  I do like being in a trance, but nuances can be a lot of fun.

I'm the same way,

That's why I like the 10 to 15% range, a nice head and body stone, nothing overwhelming, couchlocking 

• Like 2

I guess everyone's different but I really don't see the THC percentage as the main factor of strength. Pretty much the hardest hitting strain for me is Exodus Cheese, but it tests at 16% THC, in comparison Forbidden Fruits it supposedly 23-26% and starts wearing off as soon as I put the joint out. The Amnesia CBD I grew is a 1:1 strain about 7% THC 7%  CBD, but that still hit pretty hard and lasted way longer than the fruits did.

There's well over 100 different cannabinoids and a lot of them have psychoactive potential, on top of that we now know that terpenes, esters and flavinoids all play a part in how a strain gets you high. So in actuality the THC% really isn't the be all and end all of a strains potency. 

For what it's worth cream caramel absolutely sits me on my arse. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

That's all true @MindSoup but there seems to be a certain tinitus creating and face against the glass feeling that I get as a prime component of high THC strains, regardless of the rest of the high.  Maybe I have imagined myself into it, maybe it is real and I am sensitive too it, it is impossible to break down.

Exodus cheese is beautifully catastrophic for me too, so does Cheddar which I just grew and is from the same genetics / parent, but it doesnt make my tinitus loud or my face feel like it is pressed against the glass.  It makes my eyelids heavy like nothing else and puts me on a tunnel-visioned-train to oblivion, but not in the high THC way. In other words, its not about the general strength of effect to me, but literally the THC strength.

As I say, it may be illusory, it may just be me, but I feel there is a characteristic of very THC top-heavy strains.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

Well I guess a lot of it comes down to our individual physiology (or whatever the right word is), or just a matter of perception. Maybe it's the nuances/complexity that I perceive as strength.

I can't say I really relate to the tinitus or the face against glass feeling but I would agree that a lot of high THC strains have a common characteristic. For the most part for me that means a boring (albeit TBF powerful) mongy sort of feeling that doesn't really seem to go anywhere and quickly fades into the background. Whereas that Amnesia CBD for instance, it had a lot going on, the flavour was complex and the smoke was thick and creamy, the high was full bodied and took you on a journey etc, but it didn't completely incapacitate me.

So I think what I'm getting at, is maybe our experiences as a whole are actually quite similar, but our perception of them is where things start to differ. 

Proper stoner rambling and pretty far off topic I know, but I'm enjoying this conversation, it's broadening my understanding. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

I can't say I really relate to the tinitus

i get this, got it right now lol after an esb x edb smoke,

i think it might be the Nigerian Skunk ..the Thai or H.O.G lol 

its quite intense!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, twigs said:

i get this, got it right now lol after an esb x edb smoke,

i think it might be the Nigerian Skunk ..the Thai or H.O.G lol 

its quite intense!

Yeah, I get it with the Cob I fermented from Chemdog / Skunk & Cheddar! That's as high and twisty as I can remember :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, B-real said:

Regarding the tinnitus do you get a high pitched frequency in your ears ?

Yes, I have a few types of tinnitus that have a party in my ears at different times. The high frequency often comes after gigs or high THC levels...  What's your diagnosis B-real?

I havnt gotten one yet took over 18 months to get a proper diagnosis for other things My docs would rather say physical issues are manifestations of the mind and avoid giving help .

I get what I described tho my nan and grandad got it .

I spent my teens next to big sound rigs dnb raving then on site with lack of ppe disc cutting or near plant.

Edited by B-real
I was once told that the long ringing is the ear drum scaring and that the ear never hears that frequency again dunno how true that is.

37 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Yes, I have a few types of tinnitus that have a party in my ears at different times. The high frequency often comes after gigs or high THC levels...  What's your diagnosis B-real?

I suffer badly from tinnitus as well.

Plus lost the hearing in my ear as well, constant ringing and buzzing

Can be annoying sometimes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldFord said:

Im at Lat 53 and all the aforementioned cultivars  i have romped home ... none of this FV action here :yep:     

Hi OldFord

Would you happen to have a link to your grow diary, I'm having trouble finding it.

I'd like to see your cream caramel grow please.