Joshua Auto - Brock's Seed's

RUFUS HOUND

They look delicious dude, be interesting to hear what the high is like, the SHDXAU is really trippy stuff, but like a small dose of acid or something.

I'm really starting to miss having some of Brock's work in the jars. I was lucky enough to be gifted some outdoor SHDxAU over Christmas but it didn't last long. Think I might have to stick one in my bed for the next run, probably a SHDXBBG or a Short Days BX1, it's about time I did one of his beans justice.

• Like 3
Just now, RUFUS HOUND said:

Ive added the 65W board back into the flower tent and made a start knocking up a larger frame for the sand bed.

Plan is it will cover the full floor area (2x4) as I have a lot of unused space at the front and rear of the compost tray - this should allow me to double up the plants 1 front 1 back 

No no no, your going to burn your house down :nono:.

lol

• Like 1

@MindSoup, its ok bud , lights on a mechanical timer switch, non of those dangerous inkbird things :pitchfork:

Guess I will have to risk my house with my inkbird toy controlling the sand bed 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2

To early to flip ?????? - Do any of you think its okay to move the 2 big Joshua clones into flower tent or should I give them another week in veg

I have only just started to feed, they are in 3 litre pots as of last week, age is a bit hard toto be exact,as they are clones but its around 4 weeks since they rooted out (I think), approx 14 inch above ground. (Ive still got about 6 to 8 inch to play with in the veg box nursery thingy) planning to repot to final 8L when they go into flower tent  or might go straight to 12L "buckets".

My cunning plan is to put the 2 big uns in the flower tent repotted to 8L pots. Got room now Im down to 1 Joshua and a pot noodler

Not to self  - need to take more clones off these 2 beauty's but still waiting for my clone mesh pots and sponges to arrive to go into DIY misting cloner :cowboy:

The smaller one I will veg for another week or 2 and then she can join her sisters but in a 12L bucket, just as a side by side grow to see which is better.

Now I have the 65w in the flower tent, I can put the 2 clones under it and have the light lifted as high as it will go - will check ppfd later- while still have the 2x85w lo down low on the flowering Joshua and noodle.

• Like 1

Im too used to being on the clock with autos lol 

I guess it would have been best but Ive got no room in veg box for 2x8L, it was rammed with them in 3L pots.

I figure they will carry on growing roots to the very end, so hope it wont make to much difference as Ive done it now,  they're in the flower tent but in 12L buckets :thisbig:

Before - these were well rooted after 1 week in the 3L pots 

large.63e5992995c25_Joshuaclonesday28.jpg

after- parent of clone far left - so Ive high hopes for these - bit spindly  but its got stavia genes 

large.63e59928186a2_Joshuaclonesday29-12Lflowerday1.jpg

• Like 2

My understanding is that most photos continue to grow roots for about 3 weeks after the flip. Stuff with a lot of Sativa (equatorial Sativa especially) will carry on longer than that. I reckon 3 weeks or so to root out an 8L from a 3L sounds good though. The only thing I think might happen is that if they're focusing on roots too much during stretch they might end up a bit smaller than they would have, but at the end of the day you have to work within your limitations, either way it will be better than flowering them out in 3Ls. 

• Like 2

@MindSoup cheers for confirming that mate, I thought I had read it some where just wasnt sure of the details and I cant just magic up more space

it is what is ! :doh:

Hopefully they will carry on growing & rooting during the stretch over the next 3 weeks. 

They're under 12/12 with the lights up in gods, giving about 500 ppfd - Ill let them get used to the new light and then bing that down to give 800 to 900 ppfd once the stretch is done with.

Using plain old tomato food every other water as I previously ended up with neut lockout / ph problems, so taking it easy on the feed front.

I wouldnt care I only got to 4ml/l and it brunt the fook out of the last ones.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2
On 07/02/2023 at 11:49 AM, MindSoup said:

They look delicious dude, be interesting to hear what the high is like, the SHDXAU is really trippy stuff, but like a small dose of acid or something.

I'm really starting to miss having some of Brock's work in the jars. I was lucky enough to be gifted some outdoor SHDxAU over Christmas but it didn't last long. Think I might have to stick one in my bed for the next run, probably a SHDXBBG or a Short Days BX1, it's about time I did one of his beans justice.

yeah alot like that, head high, narcotic like.

heres a beauty I took off no.2 plant, its a day old so a little wilted - it has potential to be awesome 2nd attempt :doh:

large.63e6e1cfd3edd_Joshuabigbud.jpg

• Like 4

The clones were a little droopy for a day after the repotting and moving (only to be expected ) but have now perked up after a night in their new digs.

I gave them a little water round the edges to coax those roots into the new compost. 

I will be starting off at 1ml/L tom food this week and then increasing as we go,  bearing in mind 4ml burnt them time but it could have been a neut build up so I will see how the plants look and play it by ear.

I repotted the 3rd smaller clone (still in veg box-nursery ) from 2 into a 3L pot for the next week or so, then into flower tent with her sisters.

hard to see but its about 10 iinch tall

large.63e7abf642cc6_Joshuaclone3day303L.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

Rather nice looking mate :yep:       Plants looking quite happy & healthy ,  keep the good work up mate :george:     Loving it sir

A real pleasure to see  ,  still think Brocks work has some of the best terp profiles around , especially across a range of cultivars  ,  from the AU to the BBG the terp profiles are unreal.

I have spread some of Brocks work around this year and hoping to see some tasty SHD crosses popping up over the summer  ,  you got any more of his work planned ?      

• Like 1

@OldFord sods law Ive not long had covid and my taste and smell are not good.:crybaby:

I do have quite a selection of brocks wares knocking about and was thinking the other day I might pop a few but couldnt decide which one next.

BSM

Joshua auto

SHD BX1 fem

SHD X Gorilla exodus (regs)

Orange hazeberry gum

SHD x blackberry gum fem

SHD x Auto Ultimate fem

decisions decisions 

• Like 2