Joshua Auto - Brock's Seed's

RUFUS HOUND

On 12/02/2023 at 6:08 PM, MindSoup said:

Oh right yeah they're regs aren't they. I'll have to give them a try though, I get they're banging. 

Yeah the Short Days BX1 I did on the windowsill was an absolutely beautiful plant, but it turned out he was a rogue lol. I reckon a female would be a real treat. 

Short day's was a pain. It as a auto sour diesel breed by LBH as a parent I get in a traid. It was a pain to breed as reversed plant still produced males. Funny thing is It's a SSSDH auto from what I remember LBH telling me crossed with a original haze lowryder auto. It was crossed with one of my NFW (northern freak weed) crosses as a father to create the Short day's. These were reversed and produced regular seeds. My point was when another well known auto breeder tried breeding fems from the sour diesel auto they produced regular seeds also. Makes me think its from this old LBH line back in the parentage. It as lots of metal haze terpins. Smaller auto then SHD which is the offspring of the short day's but still not a small auto.

• Like 3
On 13/02/2023 at 1:40 PM, MindSoup said:

Is the BBG a photo then? 

I have never known anyone find a male in the SHD x blackberry gum yet so its pretty safe to say they will be fems :yep:

• Like 3
On 12/02/2023 at 9:56 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

it makes more sense now when he said it shouldnt really happen with femxfem So a bit of pot luck to add spice to procedings 

might be worth sticking to all same type to make weeding out the males easier - I might have a chance of a female or 2 out of 6 beans 

Its certainly strange and rare for Reversed breeding to produce males. Its all about the X chromosome mutation and the evolution stage cannabis is at i suspect. It seems to happen a lot in my crosses but I used a plant that was know to do this. Auto sour diesel haze. The effects from these is probably the result of inbreeding earlier with lines used in these earlier. plant earlier in my breeding with Northern freak week were strange. The longer flowering plants with less trichcombes were stronger when smoked. I suspect its some sort of oil like a delta that is found more in hemp that gives these lines that unique trippy type high when left to full maturity. 

• Like 4

Photos from last weekend - flower day 12

They were streching a fair bit so I pegged the branches to weigh them down and spread them out.

Feeding = 1L each at 500ppm chempak No.2 (high Nitrogen)

I will give them one more feed of this, then start on 1ml of bio bloom after the weekend now the flower heads are starting to develop

large.63f74fbb25826_Joshuaclonesflowerday12.jpglarge.63f74fb442ee3_Joshuaclonesflowerday12a.jpg

heres a quick shot of clone 3 in the veg box - she will be moving into the flower tent this weekend

large.63f16ae4764ce_Joshuaclone3day37.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 5

Looking nice & healthy. I had the same problem with buttons not working so I started using the duck browser and now its fine. I need to go and set my tent back up. Not growing is a killing me :chains:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 3

It happens regularly, its a pain in the ass - using firefox with dd search engine seems to be working for me for now untill the next update :angry:

its the uk420 website that needs sorting out, not making everybody hunt about trying different browsers as a temporary fix.

• Like 1

update - Ive re potted the 3rd clone into a 12L bucket and moved her into the flower tent with her sisters.

she will get 500ppm chempak No2 for a week or so until the flower heads start to form then onto the bio bloom.

large.63f94a8658202_Joshuaclone312Lflowerday1.jpg

All 3 sisters

large.63f94a8437c9e_Joshuaclonesflowerday17.jpg

• Like 7

canopy shot showing how well the Joshua is filling out the tent - they are pretty much all the same level, so I'll just let them grow, onwards and upwards.

It wont be long before the last sister fills her spot .

large.63fa0655629af_potnoodleflowerday47b.jpg

• Like 8

Looking good mate. I like the idea of hanging pegs on the branches to let more light in and spread them out.... Ill pinch that technique on my garden grow :smokin:

• Like 4

@CustardVape Ive used it the last few grows and finding it much easier than messing with wire and string, as long as the branches are strong enough to hold the weight of the peg!

I start with the peg close to the main stalk, pegging between the stalk and  branches first node, then you can slowly move the peg up a node at a time towards the branch tip, to get the bend you want.

once they have had 3 or 4 days under the weight of the peg, you can remove it and they will pretty much stay where they are.

• Like 6

The 3rd clone is filling out her space nicely, she is still on 500ppm veg feed for the rest of the week.

The other 2 are budding up well and were on 0.5 /L bio-bloom last week, this was increased to 1ml/L this week.

I had a little change around, putting the 3rd clone in the middle under the highest ppfd =900 and the biggest girl, I put under the 65W on the left (ppfd=700)

Carrying out some light defoliation - mainly removing inward facing leaves covering other bud sites.

large.6405d9508cbb7_Joshuaclonesflowerday31a.jpglarge.6405ddfd583d5_Joshuaclonesflowerday31b.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

Latest photo - flower day 37

Clone 3 was moved into the middle spot (highest ppfd 900) flanked by her sisters. She has flower heads forming, so I will knock the grow feed on the head and start her on bio-bloom and seaweed like her sisters. 

Ive added 2 x 80mm pc fans to help mix the air up a bit more - piss poor but every little helps.

Lights - 12/12 @ 235W 

temps - 27/24'C

humidity - 63%

large.640bd10db41f9_JoshuacloneFlowerday37.jpg

• Like 6