Joshua Auto - Brock's Seed's

RUFUS HOUND

Ive just realised I got the wrong sort of heating cable - iys got one with a frost protection button sensor on the end so it doesnt work unless temps get down to 3-5'C - Im considering giving it a technical tap with a hammer in a bid to bridge the circuit ???m

6 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Ive just realised I got the wrong sort of heating cable - iys got one with a frost protection button sensor on the end so it doesnt work unless temps get down to 3-5'C - Im considering giving it a technical tap with a hammer in a bid to bridge the circuit ???m

Have you got extra length on the cable mate? Depending where the tent is and if you have spare length you could try and route the end with the sensor so its outside or at the coldest area you can, might be cold enough that it will trick the sensor into staying on. 

• Like 1

@GoodblokeThe sponge cover didnt really raise the temp that the probe measures, maybe adding 1'C - without it in the "air " the probe would pick up temp changes due wind chill from the fan or heating of the metal probe by the lights - the sponge has stopped all that. 

I have a xiaomi sensor at the same location as the probe so I changed the calibration on th inkbird so it read the same as the xiaomi. 

• Like 1
Just now, The Villan said:

Hello, could you tell me what the 3 minute compressor delay is for ?

Cheers

Vill 

its if you have something like an air con unit so you can build in a delay, the compressor takes time running up, dont worry its not applicable unless your switching on a compressor  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for dropping by, theres been lots going on recently so here is a bit of an update: 

Ive finally moved into the new tent which is twice the size at 120x60x150 and at last the girls have a bit of room.

Im trying out a heated sand bed this winter - In a nutshell its 6m heated cable (90W) looped back and forth and buried under damp sharp sand (kept damp by pot runoff). this is all contained in a grow bag tray (100x40cm) that is approx 2 inch deep. I was going to use this as a stop gap before getting the garland titan tray but its working beautifully so far, took a few hours to get the temp up then the heating cable only needs to "top up " the heat every now and then. air temps are being topped up with the 600w oil rad (just using its internal stat)

I will sit the tray on 2 inch of polystyrene sheet to isolate it from the floor but using a bit of foiled foam laminate underlay for now, that should help the heat loss to the floor.

Ive added my spare 65W board into the mix to give me about 200W total - (2x85W+65W) should help keep the temps higher during lights on with the oil rad

The 3 x Joshua are in the 8L round pots to the left, still no sign of flowering - I might have to put them in them in the dark for a few days as I ran on 12/12 for 4 days and nothing appeared.

large.635dd838ef03c_tent3.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

No flowering yet? Hm, seems odd. Maybe they are a bit light sensitive? Happened to me with some sativa dominant autos earlier in the year. I reduced hours of light and they went into flower.

• Like 1
On 16/10/2022 at 5:38 AM, Jams67 said:

Have you got extra length on the cable mate? Depending where the tent is and if you have spare length you could try and route the end with the sensor so its outside or at the coldest area you can, might be cold enough that it will trick the sensor into staying on. 

sorry missed your post @Jams67- in the end I just chopped it off and soldered the wires together :yep:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Crow River said:

No flowering yet? Hm, seems odd. Maybe they are a bit light sensitive? Happened to me with some sativa dominant autos earlier in the year. I reduced hours of light and they went into flower.

Im going to have to go dark for 48rs, I just looked back and its day 60 ffs

I went on 12/12 for about a week - the mack & crack turned the joshua was not for turning 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

sorry missed your post @Jams67- in the end I just chopped it off and soldered the wires together :yep:

No worries dude, sounds like a better solution you went for, hope it done the trick:yep:

• Like 1

been up to water and on closer inspection there some whit aree pistils - thank fuck for that, I was getting a bit paranoid that Id lost another lot lol 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

been up to water and on closer inspection there some whit aree pistils - thank fuck for that, I was getting a bit paranoid that Id lost another lot lol 

Good news! Slow starter, but hopefully you'll enjoy some tasty Joshua buds once they finish. :) 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

flowers at last :yahoo:day 73

how long will you flower her for now mate?

Edited by ratdog
? for /

@ratdogI hope they will be done around new year but to be honest, I have no idea how long they will take. 

Biggest factor will really depend on how long I can keep my hands off em but I have some mac an crack due before xmas so it not all bad.

• Like 2