Joshua Auto - Brock's Seed's

RUFUS HOUND

The Joshua clone has now been potted up to a 12L bucket - she was going dry in 24hrs so really needed the pot up.

Just been to check on her and shes looking all the better for the repot.

I'll take a few cuts and then move her over to the flower tent in a few days, once I chop the last remaining 1/2 Joshua plant I have left. lol

I'll put some photos up over the weekend.

:smokin:

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry about the lack of updates but been enjoying the lovely weather and with it all the garden/outside jobs.

I had a nice surprise this week when I rediscovered my Joshua cuts!!!. - I had forgotten all about them and left them dangling in a bottle of water in a corner of the tent.

This is what I found - lovely long white heathy roots, very surprised as I never changed the water once (it was going a little green.)

large.6492eec811024_joshuacuttings.jpg

• Like 4

meanwhile back in the flower tent the Joshua is going nuts, she seems to like the higher temps 33-26'C and humidity 50-40% but is drinking like a tramp at a free bar.

shes on 2.5L of water every 48hrs and is getting close to occupying a 1/3 of the tent (4'x2') - I need to increase that 3L as shes on the dry side after 2 days

still feeding my bog standard 3ml/L tom food each watering, I dont want to push her to much so will keep at this dosage till near end - less is more and all that jazz.

photos to follow :smokin:

• Like 4

There's some real vigour in these genetics. I took 2 cuts from my Joshua, one was absolutely tiny and from one of the lowest braches, but thought I'd give her a chance and see what happened anyway. Both had rooted their plugs out quite nicely in less than a week and one is now growing at an amazing rate over in my mates garden. Glad your having the same luck, looking forward to the photos. 

• Like 3

cheers @MindSoup - its third time lucky for me, each grow getting bigger and better than the last.  she tolerates higher temps well concidering shes bred for uk temps and actually seems to like it on the hot side.

vegging for 6 weeks seems the way to go (for me anyway) . Only problem is its getting really crowded lower down so might have to strip out the lower 1/2.

@brock1 the last Joshua went to 120 and has developed a diesel /fuely smell when ground - which I find lovely but its a bit marmite to others.

when I broke down the compost, the pots werent fully rooted out so hopefully the extra veg this time has sorted that :yep:

• Like 2

Rather splendid sir :yep:       Lovely structure  keep em coming mate

Looking forward to having a bash myself next season !

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2023 at 3:32 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

Hi all, sorry about the lack of updates but been enjoying the lovely weather and with it all the garden/outside jobs.

I had a nice surprise this week when I rediscovered my Joshua cuts!!!. - I had forgotten all about them and left them dangling in a bottle of water in a corner of the tent.

This is what I found - lovely long white heathy roots, very surprised as I never changed the water once (it was going a little green.)

large.6492eec811024_joshuacuttings.jpg

Don't be a meany and have them out in the open light like that :)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Joshua is turning into a bit of a monster, in fact she's the biggest plant I've grown so far in my short time growing. 

She likes the higher temps, currently peaking in the low 30s. Taking 3L water with 3ml/l tomato feed. 

A couple of branches strayed onto the oil rad and its cooked a few of them but no real damage. large.IMG_20230701_225819_copy_524x393.jpglarge.IMG_20230709_205922_copy_529x396.jpglarge.IMG_20230709_205935_copy_554x415.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 7
On 02/07/2023 at 9:33 PM, MoT said:

Don't be a meany and have them out in the open light like that :)

While it was a nice surprise that they rooted they have now started to flower, guess that auto gene is still fighting to get out. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

While it was a nice surprise that they rooted they have now started to flower, guess that auto gene is still fighting to get out. 

Yes from my experience every auto cross made from lowryder will auto eventually. It might take 3yr in some cases but mothers will eventually turn auto also. :yep:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 2