Joshua Auto - Brock's Seed's

RUFUS HOUND

Potted the Joshua up into 8 litre fabric pots and ordeted myself a set of 15L square fabric pots to save a bit of wasted space with round ones. Tent has also arrived so I will need to get everything transfered over this coming week. 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

@OldFord @Revive welcome aboard  - plenty of room up top for everyone.

DAY 25

Still havent got round to the tent move, much to do and not enough time 

The girls (front 3) are growing really well and look as strong as an 1980'S russian shot putter stacking roids :sport:

Ive still got to one to pot up to 8L as not enough room but have repotted to 2 litre in the meantime to give the rootsmore room

Temps 28 - 19'C

Light cycle 20/4

ppfd  600 - 650 

Humidity 55 - 60

feed 800pm high N2 feed (chempak 2) + pinch of espom (low mg in my water)

I know soil is self buffering but I was curious, so measured the pH of the feed/water mix  = 6.0

need to find my lock out chart but I think mg is locked out under 6.5 so may need to add a bit of vinegar/lemon juice to up my pH from 6

large.63321fa3dc75a_BrokJoshuaday25.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 7

Forgot to mention, I have accidently topped the 2L potted Brocklet (middle front) by knocking the growing tip off.

hopefully this will encouage growth - fingers crossed 

large.63321fa2f1748_BrokJoshuaday25topped.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

I found a few lock out charts online, they all differ slghtly in soil ph range but somewhere between  6 to 7 

this one shows a range of 6.3 to 6.8  for optimun ph but magnesium and calcium are locked out under 6.5 and molyb under 6.6

This suggests to me that the range should from 6.6 but it depends on which chart is accurate.

PH guide for Marijuana growing

• Like 1

Nothing in those pictures looks like lock out to me mate. They all look quite healthy, but definitely a bit small for this stage of the game. I think it's most likely your low lights off temperature causing your roots to get cold, that will really stall a plants progress. Get some sort of probe in your soil and keep me eye on it you want it above 22 (I keep mine at 25) at all times. I don't really control my air temps any more, I run both my tube heaters off an inkbird with the probe in my soil and I'm getting way less issues than before. Of course a control of both is best, so if you have the free sockets that's the way to go, but if you have to choose one I'd go for soil as IME it's way more critical and your air temps will more or less stay within range by doing that anyway. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

@MindSoup muchas gracias my friend.

Thats what I cant figure out, all seem healthy, I just dont seem to ever get any height. My worst plant condition wise is the top right kush, which had a bit of gnat infestation that Ive sorted now.

The temps have been getting a little low on lights off between 1 and 5pm, so ive got the heat mats on 24hrs but 18'C is a little low I guess.

Im trying to avoid using the oil rad, so Ive turned my fan speed down to conserve a bit of heat.

I will take root temps at 5pm to see how low these get at the end of light out.

Ive just nipped up and roots temps are 22'C, canopy is 24'C

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

Maybe a thermostat controlled heat mat to keep the roots warm? Only reason I can think of that your plants are a bit short. Everything else seems on point, except for that temperature gap between lights on and off. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Ive just nipped up and roots temps are 22'C

Well that's a good sign (although obviously we haven't found the issue) if it doesn't dip too low for too long then the pots are probably managing to retain enough heat, plus thinking about it you did say it's a recurring issue and I bet your roots have been nice and cosy over the summer.  

So yeah not sure TBH, everything else seems more on point than my grows and my main issue is always keeping them short enough lol

• Like 2

@MindSoup tested it again just after lights on and it was down to 20'C so that could do with increasing 2 or 3 degrees - will keep lights on 24/0 to keep temps up and boost the DLI (not that I need it might have to increase the height to reduce it ) or we could swap tentslol 

Just out of interest what size tent and tube heater do you have mate ?

I have an inkbird 308T so could connect my mini oil rad when I move into the bigger tent

• Like 1

I have a 2x2x4 situated in my bedroom and run 2x 30cm tube heaters, one on either side of the bed with the sensor in the soil. If you can stretch to a heat mat to run off an inkbird with the probe in the soil you'll probably save a bit of electric and have better control, that's what I have under my no till mums. I used one of those super cheap temperature controllers off the bay "NTC Relay Out Thermostat Control Thermoregulator Temperature Controller Meter" which could be an option if you're on a budget but the cheap ones can get stuck on which can be disastrous so keep that in mind, probably be better to save for an inkbird.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

@MindSoup got my inkbird and connected it upto my oil radiator in a box - working well so far but needs a little fine tuning

@Crow River Ive bought myself a 6M (90W) heated cable, I should be able heat trace the entire floor area of the new 120x60 tent :yep:

latest photo with Kush autos at rear

large.633a34addb786_BrokJoshuaday32.jpg

• Like 8