Looking for some harvesting advice please

Jams67

Not sure if i missed all that about the week 1/week 2 or if i got too confused and forgot to come back it lol I do remember @DeltaMeltersuggestion the girls were foxtailing and you were spot on, when I searched foxtailing before I only seen pics of really long foxtails so didn't recognise the issue, after a bit more research it was clear as day. The conditions have been harsh so im not surprised at all but hopefully nothing too serious.

I was counting by saying week 1 of flower (first 7 days since flipping to 12/12) Week 2 (day 8 through day 14) and so on, I was only counting the weeks to give me a quick reference and indication of where I was not as an exact timeline to do certain things like harvesting or flushing etc.

Ive cut down about 1/2 oz of buds and they have vaped well and had decent effects, Ive got about another 1/4-1/2 in a box drying at the moment as well, hoping to make that last until harvest now. 

Ive done 1 week of flush with another week to go but im not sure if 1 more week will be enough to finish properly. My missus is on holiday from Friday and we were hoping to get away, ive got a few choices

1, chop and hang up to dry on Friday after 10 days flush (75 days total 12/12)

2, go away for weekend come back mon/tuesday chop after 14 days flush (81/82 days total 12/12)

3, go away for the week and chop the following week (84/84 days total 12/12) If i go this way I guess I will need to start adding nutes again for the rest of this week?

What would you recommend looking at the pics taken on Saturday?

large.1E16DF09-047C-4A00-9402-50BC13254B19.jpeglarge.2180D305-F775-4255-BD07-BFE4FB2F1C8A.jpeglarge.27E7E19B-8797-4E24-BB85-A0145597450D.jpeg

Cheers, ATB

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jams67 said:

3, go away for the week and chop the following week (84/84 days total 12/12) If i go this way I guess I will need to start adding nutes again for the r

This would probably be my choice.

You have to keep things sweet ;) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Holiday plans got changed so the girls have been getting plain water straight through and I will chop them on Monday or Tuesday after 2 weeks flush.

Is there any benefit to drying in the tent as opposed to some large cardboard boxes? I can hook up ducting to go from the cardboard box into a tent for extraction through CF. The reason I ask is I'm thinking to use both tents to finish the 2 auto wedding cakes I'm currently growing but it would mean finding somewhere else to dry the LD's.

Cheers folks:smokin:

• Like 2

Hey folks, I already updated my diary but thought id keep this thread updated too. I chopped the girls yesterday and they are hanging up in a couple of drying boxes ive made. The boxes have 4 passive intakes at the bottom and a 4inch duct from the top goes into a grow tent for extraction. Do you think I will need to put a fan inside the drying boxes for moving the air or will the extraction through the the grow tents be sufficient (both tents have extraction running 24/7 on level 4) The plan is to let them dry for the next 2 weeks o r until they are ready for curing and then they will be trimmed and put in grove bags for curing:yep:

large.63201188019dc_LDsafter36hoursdark.jpglarge.6320118702488_LD1drying.jpglarge.632011862a888_LD2and3drying.jpg

ATB :smokin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

It should be fine with a 4" fan :)

Atb 

Cheers bud, just to be clear all intakes are passive and the extraction is kind of passive, its just linked with 4" duct into the grow tent (doesn't actually hook up to the fan) Do you think that will be ok?

• Like 1

Yes.

Does the fan causes the walls of the tent to be sucked in when the tent is closed and the extractor is on?

The negative pressure created is what sucks air through the additional ducting.

Atb

Cheers bud, yeah got good negative pressure on both tents, first time drying so wasn't sure how much air movement is needed inside the box.

Got 1 box sitting at 53% RH/21.8c and the other box 49% RH/21.5c, don't think that is great from what I've read but hopefully it will do the job:yep:

• Like 1

Hi Jams67

Internet fixed :) 

Wasn't ignoring you.

Ideally the temperature could do with being a little lower,

but we can't always have things perfect.

Don't be tempted to strip the plants down yet.

Atb

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 3:44 PM, Shumroom said:

Hi Jams67

Internet fixed :) 

Wasn't ignoring you.

Ideally the temperature could do with being a little lower,

but we can't always have things perfect.

Don't be tempted to strip the plants down yet.

Atb

Cheers bud, ive been away for a few days myself so not been able to check in on the girls (or get tempted to strip them down) The temps have been averaging 16-20c and rh 55-60%, tomorrow will be day 8 since they were chopped  so hopefully wont be long before I can trim and bag them, looking to go 14 days but will try them after about 10 days to see how they doing:yep:

• Like 1

Had a chance to drop in on the girls the other day, been away so hadn’t checked the dry boxes for 4 or 5 days but had been keeping an eye on the temp/rh over wifi (average temp - 19c and 57% RH) They looked pretty dry to me and I was going to be away for another week after my short visit so I decided to take a branch from each plant away with me so I can compare them after i trim the rest (will have some trimmed and bagged after 7 days but most will be 14 days hung up to dry) 

• Like 2