Looking for some harvesting advice please

Jams67

5 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

@Jams67 They still look they have a way to go - but they might be foxtailing. Some cultivars do it anyway (sometimes its light/heat stress) and it looks like yours might be doing that - the whorled calyx that are growing up and out with fresh white/green pistils are a sign. It could be that your pheno is just a long flowering Sativa dom but I would give it another week and see how those new growths develop - if it keeps spitting out new pistils and buds then its foxtailing and you have to just choose a point to chop it - you get more yield though if you let it go a bit longer! keep your temps down if you can.

FWIW I'm planning on renting an airconditioning unit for a couple of weeks after harvest so I can chill my drying tent and hopefully avoid turning my harvest into hay!

Cheers bud, there has been a lot of heat/light stress put on these girls for sure over the last couple of months, will have a look into it. I've got a small top drying at the moment so I will see how that turns out. I was thinking another week of feed then starting to flush for a week or 2 depending on how they look. Yeah temps/rh has been more of a struggle to keep under control than I was expecting. Never thought about hiring ac, will look into that:yep:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Unc Flawless said:

Do you mark the first 7 days of flower 12/12 as week 1?

Yeah mate, I think I just counted the start of week 1 from the day I switched to 12/12, should you wait till they actually start flowering before counting?

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 1:40 PM, Jams67 said:

Yeah mate, I think I just counted the start of week 1 from the day I switched to 12/12, should you wait till they actually start flowering before counting?

Week 1off 12/12 flower initiation is week 0 week 1is the start of your normal week 2 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 2:35 PM, Unc Flawless said:

Week 1off 12/12 flower initiation is week 0 week 1is the start of your normal week 2 

Cool, I wasnt aware of that, cheers for pointing out:yep:

I just count the first week of 12/12 as week 1.

Whether or not the plants have responded or not is less important than keeping a record of how long it takes to complete the process. 

Some plants take longer than others to produce flowers after beginning 12/12.

I recall a Dinafem OJ that took a week longer to start blooming than the other. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I just count the first week of 12/12 as week 1.

Whether or not the plants have responded or not is less important than keeping a record of how long it takes to complete the process. 

Some plants take longer than others to produce flowers after beginning 12/12.

I recall a Dinafem OJ that took a week longer to start blooming than the other. 

Atb 

So 70 days is your 9 weeks lol 

your cutting your plants down to early if you go of weeks by 7 days, think about what your saying, no matter if its a 14 week sativa or a 7 week indica your a week early 

Im telling the lad how to do it properly with out counting days .   

On 26/08/2022 at 2:35 PM, Unc Flawless said:

1is the start of your normal week 2 

exactly, week 2 day 1 is 8 days!

most people count day one here from the flip

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ratdog said:

exactly, week 2 day 1 is 8 days!

most people count day one here from the flip

Schoolboy error, we have all been their when we were new to growing, add up all the yield these week 1 of 12/12 flower counters have lost FFS lol

4 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

Week 1 is very different to 1 week though!  :wassnnme:

lol

week 0 of day one of 12/12 is very different to thinking week 9 is actually 8 weeks in days doing it this way is the true amount and easy way of counting weeks instead of days 

Edited by Unc Flawless
  • Like 1

Yeh, I hear you fella, and we're on the same track here, but Week 1 is week zero as long as you don't go 2 weeks at day 7 you're golden lol

But yeh I hear what your saying  lol:rofl:

2 hours ago, Unc Flawless said:

So 70 days is your 9 weeks lol 

your cutting your plants down to early if you go of weeks by 7 days, think about what your saying, no matter if its a 14 week sativa or a 7 week indica your a week early 

Im telling the lad how to do it properly with out counting days .   

I harvest my plants when they're ready to my liking, 

which is usually well cooked. 

Feel free to checkout my diaries. 

There's no need to try and start an argument about how to count. 

There's more than one way to skin a custard lol

Atb 

• Like 4

Saying week one of flowering is just plain daft, count it in days. Day one of 12/12 is the first day you give them 12 hours dark. So if it's been 12/12 for 70days you've had 10 weeks of flowering.

• Like 5